PDA

View Full Version : CountyComm Boker EDC... in Orange... Because I know a bunch of you were wishing

WDR
01-16-2018, 02:35 PM
https://countycomm.com/collections/whats-new/products/boker-edc-slip-joint-knife-cc-custom-1-500

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1437/9632/products/orangebokerslipjoint13_grande.jpg?v=1516129640
LittleLebowski Tom_Jones

WDR
01-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Thanks! I ordered a few. :)

You are welcome!

If you guys don't buy all of them before payday, I may snag one, as it'll give me an excuse to buy some other stuff from those guys. I could spend a small fortune on things I didn't know I needed on that website...

Drang
01-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Thanks! I ordered a few. :)

I better start posting in my Training Journal... :D

pangloss
01-16-2018, 06:31 PM
Well, I bought one too. I missed the thread last year, but I won't call this a complete impulse purchase as I've been looking for a non-locking folder for a week or two.

MGW
01-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Cool knife.

LtDave
01-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Ordered one.

LJP
01-17-2018, 10:31 AM
That site is dangerous to my wallet! Ordered one for myself, plus one each for my kids for when they are old enough for a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guerrero
01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
I am so weak. Curse you P-F.

mtnbkr
01-17-2018, 11:24 AM
I'm resisting. I already have 3 folders in my EDC rotation, another one in my camp box (SAK Camper, appropriately enough), and one in my mountain bike bag. I don't need another. I want another, but at this point, it feels like conspicuous consumption.

That said, for the specs and price, it's a heck of a deal if you like that type of knife. I'l sit over here fondling my slipjoints while I tell myself I don't need another knife...

Chris

Guerrero
01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm resisting. I already have 3 folders in my EDC rotation, another one in my camp box (SAK Camper, appropriately enough), and one in my mountain bike bag. I don't need another. I want another, but at this point, it feels like conspicuous consumption.

That said, for the specs and price, it's a heck of a deal if you like that type of knife. I'l sit over here fondling my slipjoints while I tell myself I don't need another knife...

ChrisMy favorite SAK is the Victorinox Tinker (had one since I was 10). This is an upgraded Tinker.

Duelist
01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Just ordered one. Now, I'll have one, and give the black one I got when these first came up (still unused) to my son.

mtnbkr
01-17-2018, 12:06 PM
My favorite SAK is the Victorinox Tinker (had one since I was 10). This is an upgraded Tinker.

I called mine the Camper, but it's actually a Hiker, which is a Tinker with the addition of a saw. I find that saw VERY handy when I'm hunting and need to clear small branches away from my treestand.

If the Boker had a saw, I may not have been able to resist.

Chris

Duelist
01-17-2018, 12:20 PM
I called mine the Camper, but it's actually a Hiker, which is a Tinker with the addition of a saw. I find that saw VERY handy when I'm hunting and need to clear small branches away from my treestand.

Chris

They have made this with another layer and saw.

UNK
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM

Chris

Its Orange. How many of your knives are Orange? What further reason do you need man? Get out the plastic before they are gone. You're welcome :cool:

Guerrero
01-18-2018, 09:14 AM
Its Orange. How many of your knives are Orange? What further reason do you need man? Get out the plastic before they are gone. You're welcome :cool:You are such an F'ing enabler.

;)

mtnbkr
01-18-2018, 09:30 AM
<sigh>

I'm weak and CountyComm sent me a 10% coupon. Done. Ordered. Worst case, it'll live in my car or bike bag. Hard to argue against a quality slipjoint in an unusual color...

Chris

WDR
01-18-2018, 12:22 PM
There will be at least one available every month for the rest of the year. :)

So YOU are the reason there is a five per person limit now... :D

UNK
01-18-2018, 01:36 PM
You are such an F'ing enabler.

;)

HA! This is pistol-forum.com, Thats the cheapest enabling he is gonna get here. Did you see the enabling in the shotgun section on the 1301 thread?

WDR
01-18-2018, 02:42 PM
I was only giving you a hard time, Tom. I suspected we had a few countycomm guys that might frequent this site. I guess my suspicion is confirmed.

I also suppose I need to start a training journal...

Guerrero
01-18-2018, 02:45 PM
There wasn't a limit listed on the website when I ordered, but the next day I got their email newsletter that said there was a 5/person limit. I sent them an email explaining what I was doing/why I ordered so many, and said I'd understand if they cancelled my order. Mike immediately replied saying he'd seen my post here and that it was OK. :)Nice.

Dagga Boy
01-18-2018, 06:54 PM
I have a couple coming. If anyone has a black one they want to swap for one of my orange ones when they come, let me know.

pangloss
01-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Much to my surprise, my knife arrived today. I'm very impressed by how quickly they got it to me. I got #482. Seems like a great knife!

Duelist
01-19-2018, 07:58 PM

#0124 arrived today. Gave the black one I've been sitting on to my 18yo, and he loves it. Pocketing the orange one.

Guerrero
01-19-2018, 08:25 PM
#173 arrived in my mailbox.

LOKNLOD
01-19-2018, 09:16 PM
#0027 for me today. It’s a nice knife, especially for the very affordable price.

mtnbkr
01-20-2018, 08:32 AM
You people are killing me. According to tracking mine won't be here till Monday.

Chris

LJP
01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Mine arrived late last week. Extremely fast shipping! I was sort of hoping for consecutive serial numbers, but got #0058, #0145, & #0154... Looks like a neat little knife. May just replace my EDC “Tactical” folder with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck Whitlock
01-23-2018, 09:14 AM
I got two of the OD green ones. Nice, useful non-'tactical' blades. Gave them to my dad and youngest for Christmas.

mtnbkr
01-24-2018, 05:58 AM
I got mine last night.

Overall, it's a very nice piece and well worth the price.

A few quibbles:
The main blade has a very slight bit of side-to-side movement. As long as it doesn't increase, it's not an issue. It's a pet peeve of mine.
I'm not sure the serrated blade has any value. I would have preferred a can opener or a longer blade with a proper saw. Either would have more utility for me.
The G10 scales aren't as "bright" as they looked in the pictures.

Positives:
The blades all have nice "walk and talk".
The shape and size of the main blade is nearly ideal.
The pocket clip is a nice touch and will change how and where I carry a slipjoint when swimming at the bottom of my pocket isn't ideal.

I'd buy it again.

Chris

cosine
01-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Ordered mine last Saturday, got it on Wednesday. #0004. They must be grabbing them randomly when they fulfill orders.

Nice knife, I'm going to retire the SAK Tinker I've carried for the last 15 years or so and replace it with this Boker in my EDC.

SunTzu
02-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Some of you might like these scales.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/bestech-bg03-swordfish-g-10-series

mtnbkr
02-11-2018, 04:17 PM
Some of you might like these scales.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/bestech-bg03-swordfish-g-10-series

Can you give us a hint since Massdrop requires an account just to see what they're selling?

Chris

mtnbkr
02-11-2018, 05:12 PM
I suspect it's this knife:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BTKBG03C/bestech-knives-bg03c-swordfish-flipper-folding-knife-d2-satin-blade-orange-and-black-g10-handles

but for 15-20% less than Knifecenter.

Oh, ok. By the way it was worded, I thought he was referring to replacement scales for the Boker.

Chris

SunTzu
02-12-2018, 12:43 AM
Yes. Sorry, I didn't realize that you guys couldn't see it. I thought it just hid the prices like it does on my phone.

mtnbkr
02-17-2018, 07:23 AM
I found my justification for buying this knife!

I'll be going back to the UK for a week in April for work. This knife should be UK-Legal. :D

Chris

TQP
03-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Country Comm found another 50 of the OD ones...still some left when I looked.

Wheeler
03-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Country Comm found another 50 of the OD ones...still some left when I looked.

They are gone.

mtnbkr
08-18-2018, 06:07 AM
I got mine last night.

Overall, it's a very nice piece and well worth the price.

A few quibbles:
The main blade has a very slight bit of side-to-side movement. As long as it doesn't increase, it's not an issue. It's a pet peeve of mine.
I'm not sure the serrated blade has any value. I would have preferred a can opener or a longer blade with a proper saw. Either would have more utility for me.
The G10 scales aren't as "bright" as they looked in the pictures.

Positives:
The blades all have nice "walk and talk".
The shape and size of the main blade is nearly ideal.
The pocket clip is a nice touch and will change how and where I carry a slipjoint when swimming at the bottom of my pocket isn't ideal.

I'd buy it again.

Chris

So I've owned and used mine for 6 months. It's holding up well and still has a sharp edge. I've stripped wire, opened a lot of packages, and whittled idly while the kids were at the park playing (nothing more satisfying than turning a stick into a pile of shavings). I've used all of the blades/tools except for the glass breaker.

The pocket clip is less useful than I expected. The shape of the knife makes it feel bulky when clipped to a pocket and when riding on the bottom of the pocket like a proper slipjoint, the added thickness is noticeable. I have now removed the clip.

It turns out, the pivots are adjustable via the tiny torx screws (T6 if you're interested) used for assembly. This is a welcome feature in a slipjoint. I was able to remove all play in the main blade.

The little serrated blade is still worthless. I've yet to find a good use for it. Even the screwdriver tip is flawed because of the blade's angle. I'd rather see a pen blade, nail file, can opener, etc in that position.

It accompanied me on my trip to the UK in April. When one of my coworkers received a well secured package during work one day, and struggled to open it (no scissors handy and being the UK, no knives around), so I handed him my little Boker. The reaction of my coworkers was precious. Thing is, they know me well and know I'm a hunter, outdoorsman, and general "rugged individualist", yet were still shocked by the tamest knife I own. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, as I said above, I'd buy it again. If I didn't have a pile of knives, I'd consider getting the blade-only version as a thin "gent's knife".

Chris

Duelist
08-18-2018, 10:34 AM
So I've owned and used mine for 6 months. It's holding up well and still has a sharp edge. I've stripped wire, opened a lot of packages, and whittled idly while the kids were at the park playing (nothing more satisfying than turning a stick into a pile of shavings). I've used all of the blades/tools except for the glass breaker.

The pocket clip is less useful than I expected. The shape of the knife makes it feel bulky when clipped to a pocket and when riding on the bottom of the pocket like a proper slipjoint, the added thickness is noticeable. I have now removed the clip.

It turns out, the pivots are adjustable via the tiny torx screws (T6 if you're interested) used for assembly. This is a welcome feature in a slipjoint. I was able to remove all play in the main blade.

The little serrated blade is still worthless. I've yet to find a good use for it. Even the screwdriver tip is flawed because of the blade's angle. I'd rather see a pen blade, nail file, can opener, etc in that position.

It accompanied me on my trip to the UK in April. When one of my coworkers received a well secured package during work one day, and struggled to open it (no scissors handy and being the UK, no knives around), so I handed him my little Boker. The reaction of my coworkers was precious. Thing is, they know me well and know I'm a hunter, outdoorsman, and general "rugged individualist", yet were still shocked by the tamest knife I own. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, as I said above, I'd buy it again. If I didn't have a pile of knives, I'd consider getting the blade-only version as a thin "gent's knife".

Chris

I bought two, one orange and one black. My son loves the black one and carries it everywhere. It supplanted his Spyderco. He does use the clip.

I usually don't carry mine. The clip is a cool feature, but as you say, makes it too thick. I think I will follow your lead and remove it. It is riding about in my daily backpack/briefcase.

I have used the serrated short blade: sometimes, bottles with plastic safety sheathing are a challenge to open, as well as other plastic packaging, and the serrated short blade makes short work of them. The screwdriver tip at that angle is usable, but the blade edge on he same tool makes it not quite as "safe" to use.