PDA

View Full Version : The Lindt Cafe Seige

walker2713
01-07-2018, 11:02 PM
A recent addition to Amazon primary is an Australian documentary entitled The Lindt Cafe Seige.

It's about an event that happened in Sydney in 2014.

Here's a blurb from the Amazon site:

The Lindt Cafe terror attack in Sydney in December 2014 shocked Australia to its core. This forensic investigation from ABC Four Corners explores how the disaster unfolded and questions how such an event was allowed to happen. It also features exclusive interviews with surviving hostages and the families of the two victims of the attack.

It's about an hour and 40 minutes long, and is well worth viewing if you have Amazon Prime.

There're some lessons here about the intersection of terrorism, politics and bureaucracy....with a dash of half-assed psychiatry thrown in for good measure.

LittleLebowski
01-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Wow, the terror attacks are hard to keep up with, I had forgotten about this, will watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sydney_hostage_crisis

OlongJohnson
01-08-2018, 08:51 AM
At least Australia hasn't had a "mass shooting" since 1996 when they confiscated 30% of the guns, at a cost of >$360 million AUS.

Peally
01-08-2018, 09:09 AM
At least Australia hasn't had a "mass shooting" since 1996 when they confiscated 30% of the guns, at a cost of >$360 million AUS.

They're just as fucking wildly deluded as everyone else. Per the article some claim this wasn't a terrorist attack, but mere mental problems.

TR675
01-08-2018, 09:12 AM
They're just as fucking wildly deluded as everyone else. Per the article some claim this wasn't a terrorist attack, but mere mental problems.

I don’t know why more people don’t embrace the word “and”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOKNLOD
01-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Mental problems cause some people to not accept this was a terrorist attack. Makes sense.