PDA

View Full Version : 2018 SHOT Show predictions

Inkwell 41
01-06-2018, 10:46 PM
The 2018 SHOT Show is only a few weeks away. Many manufacturers have already announced new products, but some are holding their cards close this year. Here are my thoughts as to what might be in the offing. The accuracy of these predictions correlates to my misplaced optimism for being the sole winner of tonight powerball drawing.

1. Glock introduces a non-AR15 based 5.56 carbine. Uses STANAG magazines. Product is ready to ship.

2. Charter Arms releases their flavor of AR15

3. Springfield Armory, on some sort of Catholisism kick, introduces a 7.62 NATO AR10 type rifle they name "The Pope"

4. Rossi announces an AR15 variant

5. VLTOR re-reintroduces the Bren Ten/Fortis. Product is on the shelves, ready to ship but as with Dornaus and Dixon, magazines are not available.

6. Winchester, in a fervor of patriotism and certain tax breaks from recent legislation, reestablishes manufacturing in the USA. Announces the Model 70 will be the second product completely built in their new plant, right behind their new AR15 variant with "Win Lok" mounting system rail.

7. Smith and Wesson drops MIM in all revolvers, goes back to forged internals with the firing pin on the hammer. All magnum calipers get recessed cylinders, all models get pinned barrels. The Model 27 returns.

8. SIG, still high on their MHS "win", introduces an "AR12" sized rifle in hopes to get a leg up on the competition in the next General Officers retirement program. In conjunction with the new rifle, a new cartridge, 7x47 Jumbo, is also presented. The prototype fires when dropped.

9. Griffin and Howe, long time bespoke custom rifle maker, announces the GH15, 5.56 DI carbine.

10. Aimpoint finally releases the super micro red dot, designed from the ground up to work on a reciprocating pistol slide. Prototypes and pre-production units have been tested in all temperatures, environments. Units shipping mid spring. Government orders get priority. Is not compatible with Glock MOS.

11. Uberti, know for their Single Action Army replicas announces an AR15 "Replica".

BN
01-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Glock introduces a 9mm carbine that takes Ruger mags.

Robinson
01-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Colt will announce a striker fired hicap 9mm and the return of the Python along with news that 1911 models will now receive hand fitting of all parts. And a guarantee of 5 day turnaround for all warranty repairs.

Okay a more likely prediction -- the Colts I already own will continue to run like clockwork. At least there's that.

FNFAN
01-07-2018, 01:33 AM
During the Shot 2018 open range session the new Polymer Norinco pistol will deposit all empty brass in a 5"x5" circle at the shooters 3 o'clock.

A Mercedes SUV will be seen leaving at high speed with the occupants shouting, "FICKEN,FICKEN,FICKEN!!"

cornstalker
01-07-2018, 01:47 AM
80% 1911 and M&P lowers.

HCountyGuy
01-07-2018, 08:55 AM
1. Sig unveils their newest addition to the Legion line, I’ll guess at it being the P239.
2. Glock fanboys will finger the new Gen 5 G26 and G34 MOS pistols. Wipe them down before you pick one up or you’ll get SHOT Show crud.
3. There may be a shoving match between a Sig fanboy and a Glock operator over the results of the M17 contract.
4. Springfield unveils a double-stack XDE with 200% more grip-zone.
6. HK announces the VP45
7. Beretta gives us a Langdon-ized full size PX4.

LittleLebowski
01-07-2018, 09:15 AM
I’d like to see more Model 70 aftermarket support.

ranger
01-07-2018, 09:21 AM
I want to see a moderately priced competitor to the Wilson EDC X9 - thinking Springfield Armory and a hicap version of an EMP.

Hambo
01-07-2018, 09:34 AM
More of the same from established companies.

More promises from new-ish companies or companies that changed their name or the name of their product.

New stuff that will never get made by startup companies.

Vegas health department notes slight uptick in the number of flu and venereal disease cases.

Vegas pharmacies note slight uptick in sales of hand sanitizer and condoms.

Inkwell 41
01-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Ruger announces the "Ruger Custom Shop", a full house, one stop custom shop for any Ruger firearm. Among work provided, irons on 77's, case hardening on Blackhawks. Hottest item, any Ruger ordered through the custom shop can be had without the warning billboards on barrels, slides or frames. Instantly, the shop is backordered, on that option alone, for ten years.

cornstalker
01-07-2018, 11:00 AM
There is some damn funny stuff in here.... LMAO

schüler
01-07-2018, 11:15 AM
I’d like to see more Model 70 aftermarket support.Winchester sure didn't make it easy for anyone offering aftermarket stocks and bottom metal.

John Hearne
01-07-2018, 11:40 AM
I want to see a moderately priced competitor to the Wilson EDC X9 - thinking Springfield Armory and a hicap version of an EMP.

Umm, the P320 with manual safety?

https://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p320-compact-9mm-nitron-night-sights-dao-manual-safety.html

WobblyPossum
01-07-2018, 12:11 PM

S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casual Friday
01-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Someone will put a Molon Labe sticker on the ATF booth...again.

LAV will get mad at someone over something.

Local buffets will see sales skyrocket.

People will go and pretend to hate being there even though they look forward to it every year.

Every youtube gun channel will review every product there and love them all without actually using them.

Malamute
01-07-2018, 12:49 PM
If hoping counts, a standard carbine version of the Winchester 1873 (now commonly called SRC or saddle ring carbines) in 44 WCF and 357 magnum, as well as making the short guns (16") a standard offering with blued frames. Same basic thing in the 1866 would also be cool. Shotgun butts on the various rifle models of each would also be a huge improvement in usability. The crescent butts suck.

A decent, not over-engineered and clean looking red dot mount and light mount for various lever guns (including the 73s) would be welcome.

ragnar_d
01-07-2018, 12:58 PM
I predict that anyone wanting to get into the AR market is on the business equivalent of a suicide mission right now. If you're not an established name or bringing something new to the game, it's DOA. IIRC, Taurus launched their T4 at the NRAAM and that thing is dead, gone and scrubbed from the interwebs.

More of the same from established companies.

More promises from new-ish companies or companies that changed their name or the name of their product.

New stuff that will never get made by startup companies.

Vegas health department notes slight uptick in the number of flu and venereal disease cases.

Vegas pharmacies note slight uptick in sales of hand sanitizer and condoms.

Shoot, sounds like some who has done this once or twice. :D

LittleLebowski
01-24-2018, 07:48 AM
Bump for SHOT news.

Andy T
01-26-2018, 01:06 AM
Non reciprocating charging handle should/may be available for the SCAR.

Mike C
01-26-2018, 05:58 AM
Non reciprocating charging handle should/may be available for the SCAR.

Is this legit? I saw the info in the PDW variant that is not available to regular folk. Are you saying this will be available on civilian variants SCAR16 & 17? Sure would be awesome to see 300 BLK barrels available for the 16’s too.

Bucky
01-26-2018, 06:28 AM
Glock introduces a 9mm carbine that takes Ruger mags.

I almost spit up my coffee. That’s freaking hilarious! :p

Andy T
01-26-2018, 07:23 AM
Is this legit? I saw the info in the PDW variant that is not available to regular folk. Are you saying this will be available on civilian variants SCAR16 & 17? Sure would be awesome to see 300 BLK barrels available for the 16’s too.

This info came from FNs Belgian military rep. I didnt have a chance to run it by the US civilian rep.

Mike C
01-26-2018, 07:27 AM
This info came from FNs Belgian military rep. I didnt have a chance to run it by the US civilian rep.

I realized it’s probably a big ask but if you are still around and can verify that would be amazing. Thank you either way.

Andy T
01-27-2018, 01:57 AM
I realized it’s probably a big ask but if you are still around and can verify that would be amazing. Thank you either way.

According to civilian/LEO US rep, there is no ETA, and it will probably an armorer level - send the gun in - as well as expensive.
The reality is that no one knows for sure, sadly.

Mike C
01-27-2018, 08:31 AM
According to civilian/LEO US rep, there is no ETA, and it will probably an armorer level - send the gun in - as well as expensive.
The reality is that no one knows for sure, sadly.
Andy T thank you for asking. Damn shame to hear that.

peterb
01-27-2018, 06:00 PM
If hoping counts, a standard carbine version of the Winchester 1873 (now commonly called SRC or saddle ring carbines) in 44 WCF and 357 magnum, as well as making the short guns (16") a standard offering with blued frames. Same basic thing in the 1866 would also be cool. Shotgun butts on the various rifle models of each would also be a huge improvement in usability. The crescent butts suck.

Marlin must have been listening: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/27/marlins-new-model-1894-sbl-csbl/

Totem Polar
01-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Marlin must have been listening: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/27/marlins-new-model-1894-sbl-csbl/

I hate to say it, but this might possibly be going on my must-have list, given that I'm a WA state resident, pretty quick here.