PDA

View Full Version : Al Mar licenses SERE Operator to TOPs

MK11
01-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Make that the mini SERE Operator. Price is $170, compared to the $400-$500 the genuine Al Mar fixed blades seem to go for. I’ve always liked the looks of the SERE Operator, although I’ve never handled one. My only experience with TOPs was buying a Street Scalpel as a gift, seemed decent.

Sherman A. House DDS
01-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Cool!

You know what I’d dig? An Al Mar TAC-JAC. Remember that thing? Tactical jacket before it was cool.

civiliandefender.com

Clusterfrack
01-01-2018, 01:15 PM
I just bought a Street Scalpel, and the knife itself is really nice. The sheath is ok, but the clip is a little thin and flimsy.

bofe954
01-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Not sure what the TOPs street price will be but the Al Mar is around most of the big online knife places for <$250.

Qaz98
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
I just bought a Street Scalpel, and the knife itself is really nice. The sheath is ok, but the clip is a little thin and flimsy.You may want to try a mummert clip. I don't have experience with this sheath, but I have them on my Watson sheaths. Pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Erick Gelhaus
01-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Cool!

You know what I’d dig? An Al Mar TAC-JAC. Remember that thing? Tactical jacket before it was cool.

Lost mine in a disaster last year. KittenyKittenyKitten!

9mm_shooter
01-02-2018, 12:27 AM
A picture and link for people that aren’t familiar with the design:

https://www.topsknives.com/al-mar-mini-sere-operator

22729 (https://www.topsknives.com/al-mar-mini-sere-operator)That's the 4" Mini SERE. I strongly suspect that they will also make a full sized version (5.5"?).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Corey
01-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Cool!

civiliandefender.com

I know where my TAC-JAC is hiding in my basement. Problem is that I was a LOT slimmer 25 years ago than today and it doesn't fit anymore. It is also very well used with a few tears and holes in it but I can't seem to let it go. It was a very cool jacket and the subdued Gunsite raven patch on it just adds to it. If I ever get another tactical jacket I will have the patch transferred over.

I have a couple of Al Mar knives, but not the SERE. I must rectify that soon. #livinginthenineties

Malemute
02-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Nice to see Gary Fadden at AMK has teamed up with TOPS to bring this model out.

Yes, they should follow with its Big Brother, IMHO.

I remember when Al first introduced his TAC jacket. He wore his all the time afterward. When I was chief editor for Full Contact magazine (back in the day) I had AMK Tac-jackets specially embroidered for the magazine's frequent contributors/staff. The guys loved them. I think Datu Kelly Worden still has his!

Still very much miss Al. AMK is AMK. But when Al was alive it was AL MAR KNIVES