PDA

View Full Version : I DON'T want to create an account

JodyH
12-29-2017, 09:10 AM
If you have a online business and I have to create an account before you let me checkout... screw you I'll buy my stuff somewhere else.
Turn on the damn guest checkout.
That is all.
:mad:

JAD
12-29-2017, 09:19 AM
If you have a online business and I have to create an account before you let me checkout... screw you I'll buy my stuff somewhere else.
That is all.
:mad:
Did Victoria's Secret offend your persec?

JodyH
12-29-2017, 09:39 AM
Did Victoria's Secret offend your persec?
Maybe... but where else am I going to find a lacy teddy in my size?
Lane Bryant?

JAD
12-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Lane Bryant?

Did you check WTS?

ER_STL
12-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Yep I get it. Most online bidnisses do it of course because they need to continue to market to/spam you after you've bought something from them. Something about building repeat customers and all that.

The tech/digital payment/everything else side is orders of magnitude worse about it. In the same way that you might drool over a new gun at the local shop, I've seen grown men/women drool over getting access to gobs people's personal information.

RoyGBiv
12-29-2017, 12:31 PM
I'll pile on and add....

I also better be able to get a shipping cost estimate before I have to type in my full name address and email. Zip code should be plenty enough to get a shipping cost BEFORE I waste my time typing full contact information only to find out that shipping is more than the cost of the item I want to buy.

GAP
12-29-2017, 01:36 PM
What’s worse?

A) being forced to create an account online

B) buying something in person and having the cashier ask you if you have an awards card, do you want an awards card, your phone number, your email address, and your home address

I instantly go from happy go lucky to, I want to punch a hole through your face.

Totem Polar
12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
B) buying something in person and having the cashier ask you if you have an awards card, do you want an awards card, your phone number, your email address, and your home address...

You’d probably like this Seeklander podcast: https://americanwarriorshow.libsyn.com/critical-lessons-protect-your-identity-and-online-security-30-day-challenge

His guest (MARSOC security guy) talks about minimizing online exposure, removing personal information, etc., but he also talks about waging active disinformation campaigns against rewards card-type requests.

Tangential, but I just installed yet another OS upgrade on my ipad, and now I get a prompt every time I open it up "apple pay is awaiting setup"

Yeah, keep waiting, fuckers. :D

JodyH
12-29-2017, 02:35 PM
but he also talks about waging active disinformation campaigns against rewards card-type requests.

Of course you can have my phone number... 575... 867... 53... 09.
Name's Tommy... Tommy T. Jenny.
Only the old cashiers raise an eyebrow.
:cool:

orionz06
12-29-2017, 04:09 PM
I want to join GSSF. I intend to pay for a lifetime membership. My options are to either send the registration form and a check/credit card number through the mail or to FAX it. I find both options equally anachronistic.

I'd fax a few sheets of black paper.

That Guy
12-29-2017, 04:23 PM
That is all.
:mad:You know what is even more fun? Having to create an account before finding out that "we ship internationally" means "we won't ship jack shit outside our country".
I want to join GSSF. I intend to pay for a lifetime membership. My options are to either send the registration form and a check/credit card number through the mail or to FAX it. I find both options equally anachronistic.I think the last time it was suggested that I fax something, I replied that since the museum of modern technology does not allow people to touch the exhibits, I can't.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk

Peally
12-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Holy first world problems Batman.

Maple Syrup Actual
12-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Lane Bryant?Um, Frederick's of Hollywood. Duh.

Or Yandy, I guess, if you're on a budget.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

JodyH
12-29-2017, 05:23 PM
If I lived in the third world i'd probably have third world problems.
But I live in the United States of America, we killed off all our real problems years ago because we're fucking awesome.

Hambo
12-29-2017, 05:32 PM
But I live in the United States of America, we killed off all our real problems years ago because we're fucking awesome.

How much Ripped Fuel have you consumed?

Totem Polar
12-29-2017, 05:33 PM
I'd fax a few sheets of black paper.

And then tell them the problem is how they’re not holding it tightly...

Truth.

JodyH
12-29-2017, 06:50 PM
How much Ripped Fuel have you consumed?

High on my own personal stash of victory.
I have plenty to share if you need some.

JAD
12-29-2017, 07:08 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171230/b58a41f20e13e80884796f32bc5d6875.jpeg

Casual Friday
12-29-2017, 07:12 PM

Yeah their like, the best kind of problems to have, but I've never starved for months or had tape worms so I'm just spitballing here.

1slow
12-29-2017, 07:19 PM

You forgot communists !

Hambo
12-29-2017, 07:46 PM
High on my own personal stash of victory.
I have plenty to share if you need some.

Thanks, but I've got plenty. Fam has been kicking ass here since Jefferson was pooping his pampers.

OlongJohnson
12-29-2017, 09:29 PM
I'll pile on and add....

I also better be able to get a shipping cost estimate before I have to type in my full name address and email. Zip code should be plenty enough to get a shipping cost BEFORE I waste my time typing full contact information only to find out that shipping is more than the cost of the item I want to buy.

This.

If you want me to ever buy from you, you will have to tell me your price before I tell you who I am and where I live.

Wendell
12-29-2017, 11:06 PM
I want to join GSSF. I intend to pay for a lifetime membership. My options are to either send the registration form and a check/credit card number through the mail or to FAX it. I find both options equally anachronistic.

Anachronistic is good. Anachronistic is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit them with it.

beenalongtime
12-30-2017, 01:12 PM
I would prefer all companies have that save to or don't check to save my CC/DC information, in their system. I hate the way places like Amazon, just keep your information around. Too big of hack target.

Edster
12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
Our website would like to send you push notifications.