PDA

View Full Version : Week 248: Twenty Hits (3x5)

Mr_White
12-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Week 248: Twenty Hits (3x5)

Results may be posted until January 22th, 2018.

Designed by: DocGKR
Range: 7 yards
Target: 3x5 card
Start position: Concealed
Rounds fired: Varies

Draw and fire two rounds to the 3x5. Record your time and the number of hits you got. Repeat until you've hit the target a total of twenty times, recording the time for each run. Keep running the drill (two shots at a time) until you've scored twenty total hits. This may take as few as ten runs or it could require many, many more depending on your accuracy.

The total time of all the runs you needed to get twenty hits is your score. If you do it in ten tries, your score is your time for those ten. If you need twenty tries to get the hits, your score is the time for all twenty. Your time gets added whether you got 2, 1, or 0 hits for a particular try.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Start position (concealed, retention holster, open/range holster, ready position)
Number of tries it took to get a total of 20 hits
Total combined time
Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

jkb4c
12-21-2017, 03:29 PM

Start position: Beretta 92G, AIWB in Dale Fricke Archangel under sweater
Number of tries it took to get a total of 20 hits: 10 runs, but only because I counted the two marginal hits.
Total combined time: 23.41 seconds (times ranged from 2.19 to 2.48)
Anything you noticed: This was a great drill for me, as I've been transitioning back to the 92 after spending a few months in the single-stack world. Excellent way to practice that DA/SA transition.

JHC
12-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Week 248: Twenty Hits (3x5)

Results may be posted until January 22th, 2018.

Designed by: DocGKR
Range: 7 yards
Target: 3x5 card
Start position: Concealed
Rounds fired: Varies

Draw and fire two rounds to the 3x5. Record your time and the number of hits you got. Repeat until you've hit the target a total of twenty times, recording the time for each run. Keep running the drill (two shots at a time) until you've scored twenty total hits. This may take as few as ten runs or it could require many, many more depending on your accuracy.

The total time of all the runs you needed to get twenty hits is your score. If you do it in ten tries, your score is your time for those ten. If you need twenty tries to get the hits, your score is the time for all twenty. Your time gets added whether you got 2, 1, or 0 hits for a particular try.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Start position (concealed, retention holster, open/range holster, ready position)
Number of tries it took to get a total of 20 hits
Total combined time
Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

That's just cool. Thanks Doc and Gabe!

Mr_White
12-21-2017, 05:58 PM
That's just cool. Thanks Doc and Gabe!

I agree! I was looking through some older drills and thought this one was very well-designed.

GAP
12-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Glock 19 Gen 4 - JM “George” AIWB - Concealed under fleece pull-over
20 shots/20 hits
Total time: 26.16
Fun! Slowed down a little to ensure 100% hits