PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah Smuggled Tons of Cocaine Into the U.S. During Obama Administration

okie john
12-19-2017, 06:51 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hezbollah-smuggled-tons-cocaine-u-001923525.html

The Islamist militant group Hezbollah exploded into a major cocaine trafficker for the United States over the past decade — and it happened under former President Barack Obama's watch to help score a nuclear deal with Iran, a report revealed Monday.

So what did the President and the Secretary of State know and when did they know it?

Okie John

Peally
12-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Thanks Obama

JodyH
12-19-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm sure there's a NSC staffer Lt. Colonel somewhere that'll take the fall...

blues
12-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Nothing new under the sun (https://www.scribd.com/document/131231070/60-MINUTES-Head-of-DEA-Robert-Bonner-Says-CIA-Smuggled-Drugs).

Been there, done that (http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/20/world/anti-drug-unit-of-cia-sent-ton-of-cocaine-to-us-in-1990.html).

This was simply the tip of the iceberg...and the Cubans were involved as well.

Guerrero
12-19-2017, 07:41 PM
So what did the President and the Secretary of State know and when did they know it?

Okie John

"What difference does it make?"

blues
12-19-2017, 07:57 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--KqJ4MB9L--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18gnguw7qnrvujpg.jpg

On the road from Hezbollah...

SD
12-19-2017, 07:57 PM
I still scratch my head trying understand how President Reagan's, War On Drugs erased heroin almost completely in the USA and the World. Fast forward today we provide our first responders with narcan, because in every neighborhood in America people in all walks of life are addicted to this crap again. As the wheel turns, bad clothing styles from the 70's are back in fashion so why not heroin too. Maybe we should start burning poppy fields again.

okie john
12-19-2017, 08:13 PM

Exactly.

Okie John

TGS
12-19-2017, 09:31 PM
I still scratch my head trying understand how President Reagan's, War On Drugs erased heroin almost completely in the USA and the World. Fast forward today we provide our first responders with narcan, because in every neighborhood in America people in all walks of life are addicted to this crap again. As the wheel turns, bad clothing styles from the 70's are back in fashion so why not heroin too. Maybe we should start burning poppy fields again.

It's good you're scratching your head, because that means you know you're missing a key point. :) Cocaine supplanted heroin for reasons unrelated to the Drug War or Reagan.....there was still just as much drug trade/use overall.

SD
12-19-2017, 09:55 PM
Cocaine supplanted heroin. Never, maybe crack cocaine.
It's good you're scratching your head, because that means you know you're missing a key point. :) Cocaine supplanted heroin for reasons unrelated to the Drug War or Reagan.....there was still just as much drug trade/use overall.

Guerrero
12-19-2017, 10:01 PM
I still scratch my head trying understand how President Reagan's, War On Drugs erased heroin almost completely in the USA and the World.

The book "Underground Empire" explains some of it.

TGS
12-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Cocaine supplanted heroin. Never, maybe crack cocaine.

I have no idea what you're trying to write here.

I'm not sure of your point in this thread to begin with....the article is about state-sponsored cocaine shipments into the US, and you went off into left field about the return of heroin.

MGW
12-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I started reading “Tomorrow War” a couple of days ago. It’s a great book but reading it and reading the headlines leads me to consider joining the conspiracy theorists. Maybe they’re not as off their rockers as they sound.

RoyGBiv
12-20-2017, 03:42 AM
We have lost our nation.

Chance
12-20-2017, 05:27 AM
Politico has a lengthy article (https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/) about Obama and Hezbollah. Basically, Obama was attempting to make nice with the moderate elements of Hezbollah and his administration routinely interfered with an incredibly extensive DEA investigation into Hezbollah's drug trafficking.

I haven't finished the entire article yet, but it's definitely worth a read. Suffice it to say, the administration was aware and largely complicit.

11B10
12-20-2017, 05:59 AM

What was the other one? Oh yeah - "that was a long time ago."

JodyH
12-20-2017, 08:19 AM
We have lost our nation.
The US government has been manipulating the drug supply since our founding, this is nothing new.

TGS
12-20-2017, 09:13 AM
The US government has been manipulating the drug supply since our founding, this is nothing new.

Legitimate question: Was there a drug trade in 1789?

Casual Friday
12-20-2017, 09:23 AM

There was opium and the devil's cabbage back then, not sure about what else.

Hambo
12-20-2017, 09:27 AM

I don't think there were enough people in the US in 1789 to have a drug trade.

TGS
12-20-2017, 09:31 AM

I don't think there were enough people in the US in 1789 to have a drug trade.

Sure, I imagine there was recreational opium use by the wealthy.......but the assertion that the US government was influencing the drug trade since our beginnings has me wondering. I never thought it would have been a big business bag then, more like Sally going on a lobster tail and opium bender while fucking Paul when her real husband was away managing business.

Dagga Boy
12-20-2017, 09:33 AM
For anyone interested in a in depth look at the cocaine world, I highly recommend the book:
Zero,Zero,Zero by Roberto Saviano

I bodyguarded Saviano when he was in the United Stares. He is an incredible investigative journalist who lives in a military base in Italy with ten cops, because he has kicked over a lot of hornets nests in exposing criminal empires.

JodyH
12-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Opium
Alcohol
Tobacco
Tariff of 1790 was implemented to regulate the importation of all kinds of goods.

blues
12-20-2017, 09:59 AM

And don't mess with the tea...just sayin'.

LittleLebowski
12-20-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't think that I could write fiction like this factual article. Amazing shit.

Glenn E. Meyer
12-20-2017, 11:27 AM
The Politico article is horrifying on drug, nukes and terrorism aspects. Since so much of the gun deaths in the USA are related to drug trafficking, what do the gun control folks say about that?

JodyH
12-20-2017, 11:42 AM
The Politico article is horrifying on drug, nukes and terrorism aspects. Since so much of the gun deaths in the USA are related to drug trafficking, what do the gun control folks say about that?
Legalize the dope, ban the guns.

Peally
12-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Always nice to remind myself that "innocent" potheads are perfectly OK with funding mountains of violence for their retarded fix.

blues
12-20-2017, 11:57 AM
http://reenied.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Free-Angela-Davis-6.jpg

Poconnor
12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
I think we are all missing the big picture. They did this to make us all safer. We just aren’t smart enough to understand this is how it’s done. I feel safer. Don’t you? I feel so safe I’m going to buy more ammo and guns this week. (Like I needed a reason)

blues
12-20-2017, 12:27 PM
I think we are all missing the big picture. They did this to make us all safer. We just aren’t smart enough to understand this is how it’s done. I feel safer. Don’t you? I feel so safe I’m going to buy more ammo and guns this week. (Like I needed a reason)

And don't forget your patriotic duty to buy some dope.

http://www.davidbeck-brown.com/david_beck_brown_images/war_on_drugs_a_colombians.jpg

Guerrero
12-20-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm a fan of the TV series "Strike Back." The beginning of season 4 had Our Heroes tracking a Hezbollah terrorist to a meeting in Columbia with a bunch of drug lords. At the time, I thought this particular plot was pretty far-fetched. I mean, c'mon, Hezbollah in bed with Colombian drug lords?

Now I'm thinking the writers knew something.

This was back in 2013.

Dagga Boy
12-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Dope is a business.....it is a high financial reward business. The world revolves on money and power....it is a means to that.

Chemsoldier
12-20-2017, 12:53 PM
*DISREGARD*

blues
12-20-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm a fan of the TV series "Strike Back." The beginning of season 4 had Our Heroes tracking a Hezbollah terrorist to a meeting in Columbia with a bunch of drug lords. At the time, I thought this particular plot was pretty far-fetched. I mean, c'mon, Hezbollah in bed with Colombian drug lords?

Now I'm thinking the writers knew something.

This was back in 2013.

This is nothing new. In fact, in Colombia by way of example, both the FARC (and other so-called "revolutionary groups) and the right wing "paramilitary" groups both indulged in narco-trafficking beyond the traditional kidnapping and other lucrative ventures.

Same as it ever was. Individuals, groups, governments all take advantage of the easiest means to an end. The "people" are spoon fed b.s. to keep 'em sedated. (Well, b.s. and drugs.)

Casual Friday
12-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Always nice to remind myself that "innocent" potheads are perfectly OK with funding mountains of violence for their retarded fix.

Potheads?? Did you click on the article or nah?

Peally
12-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Potheads?? Did you click on the article or nah?

I was replying to JodyH's post regarding the hypocrites, I never let a chance to demean casual potheads go to waste.

Hambo
12-20-2017, 02:55 PM
OK, show of hands: who wasn't alive in the 1980s? We'll cut you some slack, but everybody else was around for Iran-Contra. None of the drugs-money-terrorism-government-business connections should come as a shock.

Casual Friday
12-20-2017, 03:00 PM
OK, show of hands: who wasn't alive in the 1980s? We'll cut you some slack, but everybody else was around for Iran-Contra. None of the drugs-money-terrorism-government-business connections should come as a shock.

Ollie North on the news everyday is one of the first news related thing I remember as a kid.

On a side note, there's a pretty good documentary on Netflix about Freeway Ricky Ross.

NEPAKevin
12-20-2017, 03:50 PM
From Wiki:
Allegations of CIA drug trafficking (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking)

During the Korean War, the first allegations of CIA drug trafficking surfaced after 1949, stemming from a deal whereby arms were supplied to Chiang Kai-shek's defeated generals in exchange for intelligence.[1] Later in the same region, while the CIA was sponsoring a Secret War in Laos from 1961 to 1975, it was openly accused of trafficking heroin in the area then known as the Golden Triangle.

http://members.modernvespa.com/ritchj/uploads/36310024_mg_1536_162.jpg

blues
12-20-2017, 04:00 PM
^^^"Foiled again!^^^

Inkwell 41
12-20-2017, 04:05 PM
^^^"Foiled again!^^^

Ouch.

JodyH
12-20-2017, 04:31 PM

I'm sure there's a NSC staffer Lt. Colonel somewhere that'll take the fall...

Ollie North on the news everyday is one of the first news related thing I remember as a kid.
:cool:

blues
12-20-2017, 04:38 PM

See, that's the difference in our age. I remember Fawn Hall (http://www.famousfix.com/topic/fawn-hall/photos).

Drang
12-20-2017, 04:46 PM
See, that's the difference in our age. I remember Fawn Hall (http://www.famousfix.com/topic/fawn-hall/photos).

We had a poster of Fawn Hall next to the shredder in the SCIF.

Back on topic: I think Obama and his minions suborning justice to facilitate Hezbollah and the Iranian nuclear program goes a bit beyond Iran Contra.

(FWIW, during Iran-Contra I was assigned to the 7th Infantry Division, which at least theoretically meant that I could have been greeting the 82nd as they jumped into Nicaragua. So the whole "Contra" thing was of some interest to us.
(Also, if you read Charlie Wilson's War, I laughed at the part where Wilson's CIA facilitator was raging about Ollie North breaking the law, even as he assisted a congressman making foreign policy in Afghanistan...)

blues
12-20-2017, 04:49 PM
We had a poster of Fawn Hall next to the shredder in the SCIF.

Back on topic: I think Obama and his minions suborning justice to facilitate Hezbollah and the Iranian nuclear program goes a bit beyond Iran Contra.

(FWIW, during Iran-Contra I was assigned to the 7th Infantry Division, which at least theoretically meant that I could have been greeting the 82nd as they jumped into Nicaragua. So the whole "Contra" thing was of some interest to us.
(Also, if you read Charlie Wilson's War, I laughed at the part where Wilson's CIA facilitator was raging about Ollie North breaking the law, even as he assisted a congressman making foreign policy in Afghanistan...)

The dirty hands remain. They just belong to different folks through the years.

TAZ
12-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Holy fuck nuts!! You mean to tell me one side of the government goes about fucking shit up just so the other side can raise taxes to fix it. Say it is to so.