PDA

View Full Version : Strike Back returns 2018

Casual Friday
12-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Not sure how I feel about it but I'll probably give it a shot. It looks like they're trying too hard to recreate the Scott/Stonebridge chemistry.

https://youtu.be/G7qfp5pgg1A

Guerrero
12-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Not sure how I feel about it but I'll probably give it a shot. It looks like they're trying too hard to recreate the Scott/Stonebridge chemistry.

Recreate the greatest bromance in TV history?!? Blasphemy!

Unless they have an American playing a Brit and an Australian playing an American, it's never going to work.

;)

That being said, I'll probably give it a try.

ETA: Wikipedia just informed me that, in fact, one of the main characters *is* an Australian playing an American.

Hambo
12-15-2017, 01:11 PM
That mag flip would have been awesome if it had killed an enemy.

s0nspark
12-15-2017, 01:50 PM
The first 5 episodes have aired in the UK already - just not yet here in the states.

I had low expectations going in due to how much I really liked the characters before... it has been enjoyable but hasn’t risen to the same level as seasons 2-5 iMO.

Still worth a watch and I’m hoping the new characters will grow on me.

blues
12-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the warning. ;)

WobblyPossum
12-15-2017, 04:09 PM
I'll still watch it. I never saw the original season but I really liked the four Cinemax ones.

Warped Mindless
12-15-2017, 07:21 PM
Fist couple episodes weren't too great but its getting better. If I remember correctly, it took the last SB a season before it really found its groove too.

Casual Friday
12-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Fist couple episodes weren't too great but its getting better. If I remember correctly, it took the last SB a season before it really found its groove too.

Well, the UK season was the first season, the Cinemax seasons were 2-whatever. I couldn't even finish the UK season it was so bad.

s0nspark
12-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Well, the UK season was the first season, the Cinemax seasons were 2-whatever. I couldn't even finish the UK season it was so bad.

I started with Season 2 onwards and then went back to watch season 1 - definitely a different experience ;-)

Bucky
12-15-2017, 09:08 PM
It was a fun show. I’ll be checking out version 2.0 when it airs here. ;)

Casual Friday
12-15-2017, 10:11 PM
I started with Season 2 onwards and then went back to watch season 1 - definitely a different experience ;-)

Yeah had I tried to watch the UK season first I might not have given the Cinemax version a chance.

Trukinjp13
12-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Scott and Stonebridge to were definitely the best bro duo. They built a respect as the show went on. And it was the same in real life. I know they killed it in the roles because that is how they were in real life. One was the I do not give a fuck kinda guy and the other was the ever so dedicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guerrero
01-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Any update? Is it worth watching, or should we skip it?