PDA

View Full Version : Question for instructors RE: Your own training regarding post incident management

Mitchell, Esq.
01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
This question is for the instructors among us.

What training have you had on the issues related to what happens post-fight?

I'm speaking more in the terms of how a shooting is handled by the police, what a person should or should not do...ect.

I'm not asking what you teach or what you believe is the best thing to do - I just want to know what the source is for whatever you teach in that area.

ToddG
01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Three years of law school and two years of working the Violent Crime section of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington DC.

And obviously a plethora of experiences others have related before and since about actual shootings, trials, etc.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I suppose I should actually put my own training as well...

6 years as an attorney in Bridgeport, CT as defense counsel for various wrongfully accused people protecting them from "The Man".

Defended 1 actual, legit case of self defense in that time in which no shot was fired but a weapon was drawn, and dealt with several more in which SD was claimed but various things went wrong in the incident so SD as a legal defense usable in court was just not going to happen.

I have taken one SD case to trial as a civil matter. Lost it, but that is what happens when the guy who hit the other guy with a wrench says to the cops "Oh, him...he...fell...".

jlw
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
The police academy and 13 years of experience...