PDA

View Full Version : That's what Insurance is for..

SoCalDep
12-05-2017, 11:13 PM
And... I didn't even get to finish the Jeff Gonzales training DVD...

In case you didn't know, Southern California is on fire... Which is pretty much a constant. It's either riots, earthquakes, or fire. One fire started a few ridges over and ended up burning through my work today. My little R-Pod travel trailer is at work so I have a place to stay for the frequent quick turn-arounds we have. I was planning to use it twice this week. Needless to say... I won't be staying in it this week... or ever again.

https://i.imgur.com/RAMsaIj.jpg?1

I had some good books in there (Mike Seeklander and Andy Stanford low light books and the Scott Reitz handgun book), my old little net book with all my old voice recordings, and many of my old reports from patrol, along with all my training videos and half a Hershey's Dark chocolate bar. Other than that there wasn't much sentimental. Not nearly as bad as those losing houses or pets, or being injured, but still kinda sucks. Now we get to see how insurance works. Yay.

JodyH
12-05-2017, 11:22 PM
and half a Hershey's Dark chocolate bar.
I'll pour out some Hershey's Syrup for our lost Homie tonight.
RIP my dark brother from another mother.

SoCal has two seasons... fire and mudslide.

LOKNLOD
12-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Glad you weren't in it, but that sucks.

Erick Gelhaus
12-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Glad you and yours are ok. If your insurance companies are anything like family memebers here are dealing with you’ll get offered about $0.15 on the dollar.

If you want to replace Seeklanders low light book, drop me a PM with your address.

LittleLebowski
12-06-2017, 06:11 AM
Christ, hope insurance takes care of ya.

Stephanie B
12-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Looks as though a whole lot of homes in the Oak View area are going to be burned out today and tomorrow. With winds gusting to 70MPH, there's not much anyone can do but watch and stay out of the way of the fire.

Jason M
12-06-2017, 09:40 AM
I'm about 40 min from Hershey, PA. PM me a shipping addy and we can forward a resupply from the mothership.

blues
12-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Let us know if there's anything we can do.

SoCalDep
12-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys... waiting for the insurance adjuster to call... The fire dept did a great job protecting the facility - had that gone up I’d be far more upset.

Bigghoss
12-06-2017, 06:38 PM
That's a bummer, but at least it wasn't your house. I have some friends down there that had to evacuate but as far as I know their house is still standing.

SeriousStudent
12-06-2017, 08:42 PM
I am relieved to read that you were uninjured.

I actually have an extra copy of Fight at Night. It's yours for the asking.