PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Quantum

Drang
11-26-2017, 09:53 PM
I just realized that I have not seen an ad in a while.

The only blocking app I have is Ghostery, and it is disabled.

Is Firefox Quantum blocking ads?

Drang
04-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Well, FWIW, with Firefox 59.0.2 I see banner ads again. Is it Mozilla, is it PF, is it me...? I dunno.

Guerrero
04-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Well, FWIW, with Firefox 59.0.2 I see banner ads again. Is it Mozilla, is it PF, is it me...? I dunno.

I just started seeing ads with Chrome with the AdGuard plug-in.

Guerrero
04-05-2018, 11:49 AM
PF is hosting (and selling) ads directly now and and in the process of completely eliminating Google Adsense — since, despite increased pageviews, ad impressions, and click through rates, Adsense revenue is but a tiny fraction of what it was in years past. Google is effectively attempting to demonetize PF. I’m not going to let that happen.

Strangely enough, I'm fine with that.

Drang
04-05-2018, 12:00 PM
PF is hosting (and selling) ads directly now and and in the process of completely eliminating Google Adsense — since, despite increased pageviews, ad impressions, and click through rates, Adsense revenue is but a tiny fraction of what it was in years past. Google is effectively attempting to demonetize PF. I’m not going to let that happen.

I remember you saying that was going to happen. I didn't realize it would mean seeing ads again. I, too, am fine with p-f.com being at least partially self-supporting.