PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Holiday wish list: what would you like to see released?

Totem Polar
11-24-2017, 05:11 PM
I’ll start:
G42-ish Gxx in .22LR That would be fun and useful.

Ruger "single-ten" 10-shot "shopkeeper"with birdshead grip frame, 10 round cylinder, fixed sights and 3.5" tube to fully eject those CCI stinger empties. That would be fin and useful.

Another new Colt Cobra, with alloy frame, 3" tube and the same FO sight. DAO and matte black finish a plus. Say it with me: That would be fun and useful.

Lastly: the rest of the Gen 5 9mm line: eg. G26.5, G34.5. May actually get that wish. You already know the last comment from me...

How about y’all?

Duelist
11-24-2017, 05:24 PM
That G42 in .22LR sounds fun.

G42 Gadget. I'll need 2 or 3 of them.

My 4516 that I've got in layaway should be fun. Still owe 300 till I can take it home.

Dental implants. And the new dentures to go with them. Not fun, but should improve some things for me. Like eating.

Getting my garage door opener installed. And some other home improvements.

Jay585
11-24-2017, 05:25 PM
This:

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/10/10/ausa-17-fn-scar-modularity/

Currently, this is what civilians have access to:

https://i.imgur.com/r37Iu1x.png

EDIT:

Rather than product release, I'd really like to see the HPA pass.

ACP230
11-24-2017, 05:27 PM
More .41 Magnums.

LittleLebowski
11-25-2017, 09:50 AM
More 6.5 Grendels.

Paul D
11-25-2017, 10:14 AM
More pistols with factory mounting points for optics (a la MOS)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

MistWolf
11-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Two dot Aimpoint

Wake27
11-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Scalarworks 30mm scope mount.

LOKNLOD
11-25-2017, 01:10 PM
Two dot Aimpoint

Joke reply:
Cheaper than buying an astigmatism, I guess?

Actual reply:
What do you mean by a 2 dot aimpoint?

ragnar_d
11-25-2017, 01:14 PM
The 632 Pro Series (http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/archive-model-632-0) re-released . . . I've developed a weird fascination with the .327 Federal Magnum recently. Or a 2.25"-3" SP101 in .327 Fed . . . I'm not picky

TicTacticalTimmy
11-25-2017, 01:18 PM
MOS style factory slides For CZ. Specifically on their SP-01 and P-01.

I'd love even more if Tanfoglio redesigned their slide for an MOS system. While were dreaming I also wish they (and every other small manufacturer) would ditch proprietary sight cuts in favor of a Sig or M&P standard

TicTacticalTimmy
11-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Here's some other things I'd buy that will probably never be:

Reproduction Webley in .45 auto under $700

5" bbl Bond Bullpup in .38 super or 9x23 Win

CZ sp-01 type gun in 10mm and .38 Super/9x23

Hudson H9 with MOS plates and match grade accuracy in 9x23 Win , that takes Tanfoglio mags and uses Sig or M&P sight cuts

10mm Chiappa Rhino

Q Fix rifle but with wooden furniture and a non-ridiculous name

RevolverRob
11-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Just waiting for the Crye Precision Six12.

That and the HPA to pass, but people in hell want ice water. So...

HCountyGuy
11-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I'd like Sig released from Cohen's control so maybe they can un-kitten their QC issues.

Inkwell 41
11-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Surefire XC2B rated at 300 lumens with a green laser.

MistWolf
11-26-2017, 02:49 AM
What do you mean by a 2 dot aimpoint?

An Aimpoint with two dots. One above the other. One dot would be zeroed at the far distance, the second for hold overs at close range.

ragnar_d
11-26-2017, 09:01 AM
I'd like Sig released from Cohen's control so maybe they can un-kitten their QC issues.

While we're wishing for long shots, DuPont taking back control of Remington wouldn't be too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtae07
11-26-2017, 09:33 AM
That and the HPA to pass, but people in hell want ice water. So...

National reciprocity, because f*** you NY, NJ, IL, MA, MD, CA, etc.

Sam
11-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Reliable 10 round Glock mags.

Rex G
11-26-2017, 03:27 PM
The 632 Pro Series (http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/archive-model-632-0) re-released . . . I've developed a weird fascination with the .327 Federal Magnum recently. Or a 2.25"-3" SP101 in .327 Fed . . . I'm not picky

With my increasingly gimpy right thumb and wrist, and my hairline-fractured left trigger finger, I have developed a sudden fascination with the mostly-unloved .32 H&R. I am glad I had the foresight to buy a 4” .32 H&R SP101, and keep it in the safe, for my declining years. I may fire a qual with it, this week. I wish I had searched more diligently for a snubby version, to complete the set.

Of course, the original topic being about new releases, I wish for the Tikka T3x to be available in more choices for lefty shooters.

Bigghoss
11-26-2017, 04:24 PM
A Glock that doesn't come standard with their brass-to-face feature.

More Beretta 90-series pistols with dovetailed front sights and type-G decocker.

Beretta 92D (or a type-C would be cooler) Centurion and compact with rail.

A PX4 Compact Carry equivalent to the Shield/G43.

A six-shot .38 +p Ruger LCR. (.357 mag would be fine too)

Locks on S&W revolvers discontinued or at least made optional across the board.

Cohen fired and for Sig to live up to it's reputation.

S&W to reintroduce their classic line.

Ruger to reintroduce their P-series, and the PC9/4 carbine and throw in a .45 version for the hell of it.

Ruger LCR with larger, replaceable sights. Like an LCR equivalent to the SP101 Wiley Clapp or S&W 640 Pro.

Boot grips for the J-frame that wrap around the back of the grip instead of the front.

okie john
11-26-2017, 04:38 PM
I’d like to see every member of the Clinton crime family tried, convicted, and imprisoned for life without parole.

I’d also like to see a fixed 4x scope that tracks, that has a tube long enough to work on a full-sized Model 70 action without extention rings, and that has an illuminated German #4 reticle.

Okie John

ReverendMeat
11-26-2017, 04:59 PM
No more S&W internal locks
SIG to unfuck itself
A lever-delayed blowback PCC
moar TDAs

Bigghoss
11-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Browning Auto-5 Whippet Gun

ACP230
11-27-2017, 11:41 PM
More rifles in .250 Savage.

MistWolf
11-28-2017, 12:31 AM
An S&W 629 style revolver in 45 Colt with a 5" barrel

Joe in PNG
11-28-2017, 12:45 AM
A slightly larger Shield with a full sized grip.
Moar TDAs

DMF13
11-28-2017, 01:01 AM
My wish list?

A reliable, accurate, reasonably priced, 9mm rifle, that has a last round bolt hold open, and uses Glock mags.

I have no need at all for that item, but I sure do want one.

I'd also like a compact Beretta 92 with the following:
- a rail for a WML
- dovetail removable front sight
- G series decocker
- INOX frame and stainless slide

MistWolf
11-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Ruger to reintroduce the original flat gate Single Six. No transfer bar.

xray 99
11-29-2017, 09:15 PM
I want Ruger to introduce an updated .30 M-1 Carbine. Beretta should produce a Centurion with a dovetail front sight.

serialsolver
11-30-2017, 12:11 PM
I wish S&W would make a three inch round butt 313 (alloy frame, steel cylinder) with a dovetail front sight in .357

Ok, I’d take a 310 same as above in 38sp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MistWolf
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM
An XM177 moderator clone that is a working suppressor. Because of its size, it probably won't be as efficient as other suppressor designs, but every little bit counts.

ragnar_d
12-07-2017, 09:30 PM

With my increasingly gimpy right thumb and wrist, and my hairline-fractured left trigger finger, I have developed a sudden fascination with the mostly-unloved .32 H&R. I am glad I had the foresight to buy a 4” .32 H&R SP101, and keep it in the safe, for my declining years. I may fire a qual with it, this week. I wish I had searched more diligently for a snubby version, to complete the set.

Of course, the original topic being about new releases, I wish for the Tikka T3x to be available in more choices for lefty shooters.

Looks like one wish came kinda true and I've got to put my money where my mouth is and delve into the SP101 world (https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5784.html):

Ruger is killing it with revolver product releases. I think they're going to be getting a chunk of my bonus money this year. Maybe next I should wish for a return of the S&W Night Guard line. :D

JHC
12-08-2017, 07:24 AM
I’ll start:
G42-ish Gxx in .22LR That would be fun and useful.

Ruger "single-ten" 10-shot "shopkeeper"with birdshead grip frame, 10 round cylinder, fixed sights and 3.5" tube to fully eject those CCI stinger empties. That would be fin and useful.

How about y’all?

Great .22 ideas. While Glock is at it, a G43L with a half or 3/4" longer barrel and more grip to raise capacity up around 9/10.

LOKNLOD
12-08-2017, 09:02 AM
While Glock is at it, a G43L with a half or 3/4" longer barrel and more grip to raise capacity up around 9/10.

So, Pincus’s avidity PD-10 basically?

JHC
12-08-2017, 09:12 AM
So, Pincus’s avidity PD-10 basically?

Basically. A perfect one. ;)

Totem Polar
12-08-2017, 11:50 AM
JHC and LOKNLOD deliver.

And, yes, a G43L could be a cool gun.

LOKNLOD
12-08-2017, 12:24 PM
What's i'd really like is for no new guns to come out, and people stop talking about which old guns are best, so I can just shoot the ones I've got and actually get good at something.

Pipedreams! :p

JRB
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
A 10mm USP Tactical or HK45 Tactical

Factory pinned & welded non-NFA Colt LE6921 (14.5in)
Factory Colt "AR15A2" in full small-pin M16A2 configuration, rollmarks, fixed carry handle and all. Or at least the CMP or somebody to sell tired old A2 20in uppers so I can build a clone of my first tired old Army rifle.

"Shockwave" style 14in Beretta 1301

S&W goes back to no-lock options across their entire revolver line.

Plus HR38 and the SAFE act to pass (someday)

Totem Polar
12-08-2017, 02:07 PM
S&W goes back to no-lock options across their entire revolver line.

I think about this in scattered moments with some regularity. Without starting a debate on lock/no lock—which we’ve pretty much collectively hashed out here, there and everywhere—the fact is: there are a lot of folks who won’t pay new S&W money for a hole in the side; that’s just the way it is.

Imagine if they went no-lock on the whole line. I think there are a bunch of people who would buy, say, a new 65 if that was the case. Much like leverguns, or 870 pumps, S&W’s biggest competition isn’t the chunky Ruger GP100 line, or various hues of K6, or that one cool new Colt; it’s their own vast supply of more suitable used guns. With one decision, they could eliminate an entire class of competitors (shooter wheelies without the lock for people who can’t stand the lock), making price the remaining big factor. We know how to market price perception in the context of new v used; it’s alot easier road than used v traitorous perception.

But I digress. Yeah, I’d dig the opportunity to finally become acquainted with the current S&W wheelie line, 642/442 exempted. I think that birdshead single ten is going to be an easier sell to respective upper management though.

ragnar_d
12-08-2017, 02:24 PM
As awesome as losing the lock would be, I'd imagine a risk averse legal team (and most in house counsel are, protect the brand and all) would scuttle that in half a second. The removal of a safety feature is something, in my experience, the legal teams take a dim view of from a product liability standpoint.

Imagining Little Johnny doing something unmentionable with a no lock gun that was previously a lock model. The John Morgan/Dan Newlin/Alexander Shunarrah types beating feet to get the engineer/product manager on the stand to paint a picture of negligence would make Black Friday stampedes look like a slow day. Never mind the fact that no one uses the things and keys get lost with the original boxes . . . losing the locks would have a segment of the lawyering profession licking their chops.

JRB
12-08-2017, 03:03 PM
I think about this in scattered moments with some regularity. Without starting a debate on lock/no lock—which we’ve pretty much collectively hashed out here, there and everywhere—the fact is: there are a lot of folks who won’t pay new S&W money for a hole in the side; that’s just the way it is.

Imagine if they went no-lock on the whole line. I think there are a bunch of people who would buy, say, a new 65 if that was the case. Much like leverguns, or 870 pumps, S&W’s biggest competition isn’t the chunky Ruger GP100 line, or various hues of K6, or that one cool new Colt; it’s their own vast supply of more suitable used guns. With one decision, they could eliminate an entire class of competitors (shooter wheelies without the lock for people who can’t stand the lock), making price the remaining big factor. We know how to market price perception in the context of new v used; it’s alot easier road than used v traitorous perception.

But I digress. Yeah, I’d dig the opportunity to finally become acquainted with the current S&W wheelie line, 642/442 exempted. I think that birdshead single ten is going to be an easier sell to respective upper management though.

Digression aside, that's why I specified *option* to get the lock or no-lock in a given model. Sure, that doubles the number of SKU's overnight, that opens Pandora's box of state-approval only blessing off on the 'lock' models, etc etc. But give the consumers the option!

As awesome as losing the lock would be, I'd imagine a risk averse legal team (and most in house counsel are, protect the brand and all) would scuttle that in half a second. The removal of a safety feature is something, in my experience, the legal teams take a dim view of from a product liability standpoint.

Imagining Little Johnny doing something unmentionable with a no lock gun that was previously a lock model. The John Morgan/Dan Newlin/Alexander Shunarrah types beating feet to get the engineer/product manager on the stand to paint a picture of negligence would make Black Friday stampedes look like a slow day. Never mind the fact that no one uses the things and keys get lost with the original boxes . . . losing the locks would have a segment of the lawyering profession licking their chops.

Hence, make it an optional feature. S&W's legal team can simply say 'We offer a locked version of that model, the customer unfortunately elected not to buy it' If they can do it for the 642/442, they should be able to do it for all of them. S&W offers safety and no-safety versions of the Shield for pete's sake - why not revolvers? The legal wailing and wringing of hands about the legal implications seem an absolute non-starter if they'd just make the lock optional instead of mandatory - but IANAL and all that.

ragnar_d
12-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Hence, make it an optional feature. S&W's legal team can simply say 'We offer a locked version of that model, the customer unfortunately elected not to buy it' If they can do it for the 642/442, they should be able to do it for all of them. S&W offers safety and no-safety versions of the Shield for pete's sake - why not revolvers? The legal wailing and wringing of hands about the legal implications seem an absolute non-starter if they'd just make the lock optional instead of mandatory - but IANAL and all that.
Oh, I agree. I think that very well could e what we're seeing just long term. They've been trickling out no-lock J-frames and (maybe?) a few no-lock "Classic" line models over the last few years. The suggestion of having a specific line of NL guns was suggested by Caleb a few years ago even.
http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/02/05/roadmap-to-no-lock-heaven/

But, yes, no lock guns would be awesome and I'd gladly pay a little extra for them too.