PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Nylon Gear Stitching

ASH556
11-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I recently purchased a plate carrier from Beez Combat Systems. I want to have a Blue Force Gear 10 Speed magazine panel sewn onto the front. Blue Force won’t do it and Beez hasn’t responded. Any recommendations for somewhere to get this done?

txdpd
11-08-2017, 06:10 PM
A Cobbler might be able to do it. It's going to take something like a boot patch machine to fit inside the carrier and the stitching may not be pretty.

Beez would probably have to take the carrier apart and stitch it back together. You'd be paying for the labor to sew it together the first time, to take it apart, and sew it back together. It'd probably be easier and cheaper to see if you can send them the panel and have them sew it on to a new carrier.

archangel
11-09-2017, 11:17 AM
txdpd is correct. I did a similar mod a few years ago, and pretty much had to completely disassemble the front half of the plate carrier in order to sew the pouch on. 2 minutes of work to sew the pouch on, but HOURS to get access to the panel where it needed to be sewn, and then reassemble the PC.

ASH556
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Last night after I posted this, I sent another email to Beez and they responded within a couple hours (maybe the first one didn't go through or something?) They'll add a loop velcro field for $15 plus $10 return shipping. That's one option. The other option is that I found a Blue Force Gear Plateminus on Arfcom for $85 so I bought it (this was before Beez responded). At this point I'm going to try both out and then figure out which to add mags to and which to sell.

I'm slightly leaning towards the Plateminus because I think molle loops holding mags on is probably more secure than a huge velcro patch, especially with time, wear, dirt, but we'll see.