PDA

View Full Version : Ark instructors to undergo additional training to provide enhanced licensed permits

Wendell
11-02-2017, 05:17 AM
Arkansas will soon see guns in public colleges, government buildings, and some bars but not until those with a concealed carry license get additional training for an enhanced carry permit. Arkansas State Police held a public hearing with instructors to inform them of the stricter rules. Some of the proposed rules also require license holders to pass a range training test and learn how to work with police during events like a mass shooting. ASP is taking comments from Arkansans on their website until November 10. Lawmakers will then consider them along with the draft rules during a committee meeting in December.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36732565/instructors-to-undergo-additional-training-to-provide-enhanced-licensed-permits

HCountyGuy
11-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Such silliness in other states with "enhanced" carry permits. Here in GA there's just a Georgia Weapons Carry License, no BS training required to carry in new locations.

What makes these areas more special versus the rest of the public domain where Joe CCW is already carrying without issue? Not a damn thing.

As with any other state-mandated carry training, I'm sure it's going to be woefully inadequate but makes the masses "feel safer" because at least there's training.

Oh the uninformed...

pangloss
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Such silliness in other states with "enhanced" carry permits. Here in GA there's just a Georgia Weapons Carry License, no BS training required to carry in new locations.

What makes these areas more special versus the rest of the public domain where Joe CCW is already carrying without issue? Not a damn thing.

As with any other state-mandated carry training, I'm sure it's going to be woefully inadequate but makes the masses "feel safer" because at least there's training.

Oh the uninformed...In Mississippi, we have a three tier system: constitutional, regular permit, and enhanced permit. I'm not sure that pocket carry is covered under constitutional carry though off body carry is! It's not ideal, but in total the law is quite permissive.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

RoyGBiv
11-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Oh the uninformed...

If I can get to carry in public grade schools, or carry past more "No Guns" signs because an enhanced permit makes the sheeple feel better about it, sign me up.

Silly? Certainly. But still progress.