PDA

View Full Version : Glock just put a 30274 Ejector on my Gen 3 Glock 19 with a P serial number....

davebee456
01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Glock just put a 30274 Ejector on my Gen 3 Glock 19 with a P serial number.
I brought the gun there just to have my sights looked at and the gunsmith replaced my ejector.
I hope it does not effect anything he said all gen 3 with a P thru S serial number need one, I was kind of pissed off cause i never really had any problems with the old one.

farscott
01-20-2012, 06:30 AM
That means I have two (SCZ and SFC prefixes) that need new ejectors. SCZ sure needs help.

Pistolero
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Personally I don't believe the, 'P through S' story. I've got a, 'P' prefix G-19(RTF2) with a sintered metal extractor and the old #316 ejector. It has run flawlessly throughout its first 3,000 rounds. The comment has been repeatedly posted on GT that the real problem with both late model 3rd generation and new 4th generation G-19's is due to the extractor's slide cut not being deep enough. This lack of depth causes the extractor claw to close too far forward and to have too loose a hold on the cartridge's rim. Manufacturing snafus like this have been happening way too often at Glock lately.

davebee456
01-20-2012, 10:06 PM
put 200 rounds through it today, and ejection was very nice..called glock to confirm and they said my gen 3 with an N serial number wont get the new ejector only after P through S

JonInWA
01-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Personally I don't believe the, 'P through S' story. I've got a, 'P' prefix G-19(RTF2) with a sintered metal extractor and the old #316 ejector. It has run flawlessly throughout its first 3,000 rounds. The comment has been repeatedly posted on GT that the real problem with both late model 3rd generation and new 4th generation G-19's is due to the extractor's slide cut not being deep enough. This lack of depth causes the extractor claw to close too far forward and to have too loose a hold on the cartridge's rim. Manufacturing snafus like this have been happening way too often at Glock lately.

I'm not sure if I buy off on that. I have a new Gen 3 G19, SDA prefix (August 2011 production); I immediately replaced the MIM/sintered extractor with a new old stock extractor, and it's run like a top (albeit with only some 300 rounds through the pipe) since. The original extractor was VERY tight; the old stock replacement fit in effortlessly. With my sample size of one, that infers to me that the problem has more to do with the extractor than the slide cut.

Best, Jon

MadMax17
01-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure if I buy off on that. I have a new Gen 3 G19, SDA prefix (August 2011 production); I immediately replaced the MIM/sintered extractor with a new old stock extractor, and it's run like a top (albeit with only some 300 rounds through the pipe) since. The original extractor was VERY tight; the old stock replacement fit in effortlessly. With my sample size of one, that infers to me that the problem has more to do with the extractor than the slide cut.

Best, Jon

I have a 10/2011 Gen3 G19 (SFC), has almost 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. However, just in case... any idea where I can get a new old stock extractor?

Thanks,
Max

JonInWA
01-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Your best bet will be to contact your regional Glock LE rep if your LE; otherwise your area's Glock Commercial rep.

Best, Jon

MadMax17
01-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Your best bet will be to contact your regional Glock LE rep if your LE; otherwise your area's Glock Commercial rep.

Best, Jon

I'm not LE; I hate to sound ingorant, but how do I find out who my commercial rep is? Just the dealer locator on the Glock website? And is there a part number for the old extractor? Or just tell them "the old 9mm extractor"?

Thanks,
Max

JHC
01-21-2012, 06:59 PM

I get your point. We've got four late model Gen 3's and four Gen 4 9mms with these suspect parts and they've run great for over 20K rds. It may be a batch or bad parts, it may be that slide cut you mentioned, or something else but it hasn't affected these 8 guns.

JonInWA
01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm not LE; I hate to sound ingorant, but how do I find out who my commercial rep is? Just the dealer locator on the Glock website? And is there a part number for the old extractor? Or just tell them "the old 9mm extractor"?

Thanks,
Max

Max, I'd suggest simply calling Glock at (770) 432-1202, and then ask for Technical Support; they should be able to address your hardware question(s), and also let you know who your Regional Commercial Rep is (or route you to someone in Marketing who does).

Keep in mind, if you haven't had a problem to date, yours may be problem free; on the other hand, problems have been reported cropping up between the 1K and 3K round counts as well, so you may not be quite out of the woods.

Best, Jon

MadMax17
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'll be driving in the Smyrna area tomorrow... do you think it's worth my time to stop in and get my G19 inspected? It's an SFC serial, so I would imagine they'll put the 30274 ejector on it. I haven't had any issues with it thus far though. Not sure if I should just let sleeping dogs lay, or trust the company...

Any advice would be welcome...

Thanks,
Max

JonInWA
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
If you're going to be in the area, I absolutely would; if you want nightsights (or any other components, i.e., Glock extended slide stop/release, etc) installed, they'll do it at a very preferential price (between the Glock/Mepros and Trijicons, I'd personally recommend the Trijicons; they have a narrower front sight/larger light bars when sights are aligned.

They'll thoroughly go through the gun; it's a win-win.

Best, Jon

MRW
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Glad this thread got resurrected. I have a G17 RTF2 with a NSS prefix. I've been shooting it as much as I can as a shake down and its been to good for now but with some of the new parts out their for 9mm's, I've thought about getting the new ones installed as a preventative measure. Its good to know Glock has identified a serial number range for the upgrades and mine doesn't fall in it.

Bigness
03-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Is the n-s range only on the gen 3's I just bought a gen 4 Sxx born 01/12

MadMax17
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
An update on this. I brought in my SFC Gen 3 G19 for them to look at, explained that I had heard N-S needed ejector replacement, the armorer looked at my pistol, glanced at the extractor/ejector, and said that's not true. I assume he was looking for something specific when he looked at the ejector/extractor, didn't find what he was looking for, and told me I didn't need one. So perhaps they can identify the bad pieces by looking at them. Or he was blowing smoke up my ass. They took it for around an hour, cleaned it up, and replaced the firing pin and firing pin safety. So I don't think it's that he didn't want to do work on it, just maybe knew what he was looking for. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet. Will report back when I get some rounds down range.

PaulL
03-30-2012, 12:26 AM
I asked a Glock service rep about this myself, and was told to send the gun in for inspection. His words were that there was no such thing as a different extractor/ejector needed for any Gen 3 guns, and that everything was exactly the same as it had always been. :confused:

I will call tomorrow and try to talk to a different service person because this one was obviously not from this planet. There are enough instances of problems with these that the "Whatever are you talking about, sir?" routine isn't going to cut it. I recommended a Gen 3 19 to a coworker based on the (previous) good reputation and now I look like a tremendous ignorant butthole because it stovepipes on every trip to the range. I also find it odd that the service rep didn't even begin to suggest shooter error. 5 years ago, the first suspect would have been limp-wristing or some other shooter-induced problem. Now they don't even question that it's the gun's fault.

All I know is it's getting hard to convince someone to buy a "quality" firearm when the "good" ones are crapping out on a regular basis.

I may be a little bitter at this point...

lamarbrog
03-30-2012, 12:54 AM
All I know is it's getting hard to convince someone to buy a "quality" firearm when the "good" ones are crapping out on a regular basis.

I may be a little bitter at this point...

This is how I feel. The issues themselves are not really even what irritates me. It's the fact that once upon a time you could say "get a Glock, and you'll be okay"... now it is "Get a Glock, but make sure that it is a Gen1, 2, or 3, but not a Gen 3 that has serial number P-S... but those are actually okay if they have a new ejector, or not, depending on what the Glock rep feels like telling you at the time... they sort of just flip a coin since they don't know either. A Gen4 might be okay, but just remember you need a 5000 round test fire to verify it is reliable. If it does act up, you just need a new ejector.... erhm, I mean... extractor?.... no, wait, your slide is milled wrong. Or is it the recoil spring? Oh, just forget it, an H&K isn't that expensive."