PDA

View Full Version : RFI - Leather sofa set

Poconnor
10-27-2017, 09:19 AM
moving to a new house shortly. Wife wants new living room set. She picked out a tradional leather sofa with exposed tacks. ( it’s what I would have picked but don’t tell her) I want to buy something durable. Buy once kind of deal. I have no idea of what brands Are good. I did find a flexsteel that I liked. Anybody have a Hancock & Moore? Suggestions ? Not to mention; I’m a little bigger than the average bear. She found a set for $ 3000 that I think is shitty and won’t last. The flexsteel is 6 grand. The first quote I got for Hancock & Moore was 12 grand. Still looking. My idea of a stickley set with a Morris chair was shot down

Irelander
10-27-2017, 09:46 AM
A few years ago, my parents got a very nice leather sectional sofa from Club Furniture. My mom did a bunch of research and found Club to be a good value. It has held up well with 3 grand kids crawling all over it. Might be worth a look.

https://www.clubfurniture.com/living-room.html

psalms144.1
10-27-2017, 09:54 AM
We've had good luck with our LazyBoy leather sofa and loveseat. They're pushing 10 years old now, and the last 4 have been hard on them, as our Ridgie has decided the couch is where he lurks waiting for unsuspecting things to have the balls to come near his front yard...

David S.
10-27-2017, 05:16 PM
We’re happy with how our Thomasville Ashby set has held up. Matte finish, soft leather that has held up surprisingly well to 3 years of chihuahua paws and 6 months of baby spit-up. I would prefer firmer seat cushions and higher seating height but we’re otherwise happy.

blues
10-27-2017, 05:58 PM
David beat me to it but we also have a couple of leather Thomasville pieces, two full sized sofas, which have held up well and still look great. As I recall, they were from the "Hemingway" collection, but this is going back several years so I don't know if the collection still exists. Leather recliners from La-Z-Boy and Lane.

FaustoTi
10-29-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't have Hancock & Moore personally, but I've heard good things about them. A bit pricey but that thing will last. I'll definitely consider it the next time we need a sofa set as well.

41magfan
10-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Check out Bradington-Young ..... my Mother sold and recommended that brand when she was an interior decorator.

SD
10-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Hickory Furniture Mart located in Hickory NC. Place is huge. Hancock & Moore is pretty much the top of the top. We have made the pilgrimage their in the past and saved thousands. They usually have free shipping after spending $$$$+.

Poconnor
11-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Bought furniture yesterday. I could have bought a used Harley Davidson or a barret 50 cal for what it cost. We went to Sensenig’s furniture, New Holland Pa. if your looking for furniture; it’s the best furniture shop I’ve ever seen. They had Hancock & Moore and Bradington - young on display. Great prices plus could test sit the models. The salesman descibed Hancock & Moore as a 10 and Bradington-Young as a nine. What sold the wife was the life time cushion replacement on the Hancock. I think I did this a delayed reaction from the Army. I spent too much time sleeping on the ground and living in really shitty conditions. (Known in the air force as substandard living quarters) I enjoyed being a grunt but it’s like my subconscious is reminding me I don’t do that anymore.

RoyGBiv
11-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Too late now, but, if I was making a recommendation it would be to NEVER buy a couch with buttons on the seating or seat-back surfaces.
Incredibly annoying slouching into a comfortable position and having a couch button turn sideways on you.
If you never plan to read a book on it, feel free to ignore this.