PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Nashville

Bratch
10-18-2017, 07:47 PM
We have a long weekend planned in Nashville coming up. Outside of a concert one night we don't have any plans. We will be staying in the downtown area at least a couple nights but are open to swapping hotels in a different area if beneficial.

We are pretty low key and enjoy music, local breweries/distilleries and history. The wife has mentioned the Ryman, Bluebird Cafe and maybe the Oprea as points of interest already. The What else do we need to look at?

John Hearne
10-18-2017, 09:13 PM
One of the best casual restaurants in town is the Gersthaus. Excellent German food, very reasonable pricing: http://thegersthaus.com/

If you want something a bit more upscale and Asian fusion, try PM - https://www.pmnashville.com/

For a great, inexpensive Indian buffet try Sitar Indian Restaurant - http://www.sitarindiannashville.com/

For attractions, the Parthenon is pretty freaking cool.

SD
10-18-2017, 09:16 PM
The Pharmacy Burger & Beer Parlor/ Ryman, for concerts was nice never did the tour (hop on-off bus located there) Segway tour was a blast (we did the longer one). Gaylord Opera has beautiful indoor atrium flowers/plants(pay to park) The Parthenon is cool. FYI starting Friday night thru Monday morning 24 will be closed traffic will be SNAFU more so then normal after this weekend. I believe they are closing one more weekend, not sure of the dates.

holmes168
10-18-2017, 09:17 PM
You have have have have have to hit Loveless Cafe. Check out the Johnny Cash Museum, Andrew Jackson's Hermitage is a nice visit, and last time I went through I did go to the Parthenon. What a great town!

Arbninftry
10-18-2017, 09:26 PM
The nightlife at 2nd and Broadway is great. Check out Legends, the Big Bang (dueling pianos), and a hundred other little dives. Great place to visit also, The Parthenon, they have a full size replica just across the street from Vanderbilt University.

I miss Nashville, Ft Campbell wasn't a bad duty station (when I was stateside).

Darth_Uno
10-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Parthenon is pretty cool, even if you don't pay the couple bucks to go inside (you should though, since you're already there).

Belle Meade plantation is interesting. There's bullet holes in the columns from the Civil War.

+1 on Pharmacy Burgers, we hit that every time we're in town.

Country music museum, if you like country you'll really like the museum...if you don't like country you'll think it's boring as heck.

My wife and I don't party (she doesn't drink at all) but we ducked into a few bars downtown. All the music is pretty good. Fun town.

Lots of thrift stores, vintage shops, etc if your wife (or you) like that. Not all of 'em are in the touristy areas though.

Bratch
10-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys

Scored some tickets for a show and tour at the Ryman so that's now on the agenda.

rjohnson4405
10-19-2017, 03:45 PM
If you get a chance to try Husk bar, there is one here and we love it. Great mixed drinks/bourbon bar.

Joe in PNG
10-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Gruhn's Guitars- one of the top guitar shops in the world.