PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Not Working?

Stephanie B
10-17-2017, 08:44 PM
When I try to respond to something via Tapatalk, it tells me that I don't have permission to do that. But I am signed in.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Stephanie B
10-18-2017, 07:23 AM
To which thread are you attempting to respond?

Any of them. I tried this thread, by Tapatalk, and it says "System Message You don't have ermission to reply".

spinmove_
10-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Close the app in the background? Log out/Log in? Uninstall the app/reinstall the app?

It’s wonky to be sure, but usually those three things will fix all my Tapathingy ailments.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

TexasSiegfried
10-18-2017, 08:34 AM
Close the app in the background? Log out/Log in? Uninstall the app/reinstall the app?

It’s wonky to be sure, but usually those three things will fix all my Tapathingy ailments.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingyI have to say, it took an hour to get used to this latest upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stephanie B
10-18-2017, 11:43 AM
There’s nothing on the PF side of things that would lead to that.

What version of Tapatalk are you using? And on what OS and version?

Have you contacted Howdy Dong (Tapatalk customer support)?

iOS 9.3.5 on a iPhone 4s TT 7.0.1 (I keep stuff updated).

I haven't contacted Mr. Dong. I'll try the delete/reinstall thing, first.

Stephanie B
10-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Delete & reinstall fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokarev
11-01-2020, 09:29 AM
I'm going to bump this old thread as a way to inquire about Tapatalk alternatives.

My stupid phone locked up and required a full factory reset. Lots of stuff lost and I see that the Tapatalk app is now gone. It is also no longer available for download.

So what's an alternative to post and monitor various forums? Tapatalk wasn't perfect but it was fairly convenient.

Clusterfrack
11-01-2020, 11:11 AM
I see Tapatalk on the iPhone App Store. Are you on Android?

Guerrero
11-01-2020, 11:19 AM
I'm going to bump this old thread as a way to inquire about Tapatalk alternatives.

My stupid phone locked up and required a full factory reset. Lots of stuff lost and I see that the Tapatalk app is now gone. It is also no longer available for download.

So what's an alternative to post and monitor various forums? Tapatalk wasn't perfect but it was fairly convenient.

Unfortunately, the best alternative I've found is to view PF in a web browser.

Clusterfrack
11-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately, the best alternative I've found is to view PF in a web browser.

It is so hard to read and navigate using a browser on a phone that when Tapatalk isn’t working I don’t bother accessing the forum.

Whirlwind06
11-01-2020, 11:27 AM
I’ve looked and haven’t found anything.

Tokarev
11-01-2020, 11:40 AM
It is so hard to read and navigate using a browser on a phone that when Tapatalk isn’t working I don’t bother accessing the forum.

Yep.

Tokarev
11-01-2020, 11:55 AM
I see Tapatalk on the iPhone App Store. Are you on Android?

Yep. Android.

Guerrero
11-01-2020, 03:22 PM

Agree that it's a PITA, but I make do with pinch and drag on touchscreen

spinmove_
11-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Agree that it's a PITA, but I make do with pinch and drag on touchscreen

I just use the “Default Mobile Style” theme for P-F in Firefox on my iPhone and get along just fine. Yeah, it’s missing some features and it’s a little clunky, but honestly, I haven’t missed Tapatalk much.

It’d be cool if the default mobile style theme would let me like posts, check my notifications, and come in the signature P-F color scheme. If it weren’t for the fact that I haven’t touched web development in like 10+ years I might look into offering to improve it myself.

Tokarev
11-02-2020, 10:36 AM
I see Tapatalk back on the app store. I downloaded it again but now I'm supposed to pay for premium features and no ads.

I guess that's fine but I bought a "one time and you're good forever" download a couple years ago. I guess they underestimated the amount of money they'd get...

For now I'll just run the free version and see how it goes. Maybe I'll find another app that works better.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Exiledviking
11-05-2020, 12:43 PM
I'm also having trouble using Tapatalk. I can't access the forum using Tapatalk after I changed my password and renewed my subscription to PF. When I go to PF on Tapatalk it just sits there loading, no prompt to put in the password. Then I get a notification thru my email that I've exceeded the 5 attempts to sign in. Any ideas?

LittleLebowski
11-05-2020, 01:04 PM
I really, really hate Tapatalk because it's bad, often not secure code and robs PF of what little revenue we could make from links, but I'll take a look right now. It will go away when we upgrade to the next version of the forum software.

Also, I have no issues using the forum as is (not mobile) on an iPhone 8. I know, I'm weird.

O4L
11-05-2020, 02:16 PM
It's been back to normal for me lately.

I LIKE Tapatalk because I can view all the forums I follow all in the same format.

luckyman
11-05-2020, 03:29 PM
I really, really hate Tapatalk because it's bad, often not secure code and robs PF of what little revenue we could make from links, but I'll take a look right now. It will go away when we upgrade to the next version of the forum software.

Also, I have no issues using the forum as is (not mobile) on an iPhone 8. I know, I'm weird.

I’m hoping with the upgrade the mobile format will get support for “likes”, and hopefully “today’s posts” or some other view that lets you see posts chronologically, where the post doesn’t get hidden after you’ve viewed it.

Exiledviking
11-06-2020, 03:17 AM
LL, I'm sorry but Tapatalk makes my favorite forum, PF, SO much easier to peruse and participate in. I use my phone 99% to view the 4 forums I like. Unfortunate, the screen size on my phone makes perusing PF a pain. Thanks for looking into it.
From Tapatalk in response to my problem:

"Thank you for contacting Tapatalk.
That forum does not have a working Tapatalk plugin running, hence causing the issue. We contacted the forum owner to update their plugin. Please report the same to your forum admin as requests from members are looked into more quickly.

Tapatalk Support"

Whirlwind06
11-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Is this upgrade happening soon?

JAD
05-31-2021, 07:09 PM

Bros before Tapatalk Pros, so I’ve ditched Howdy Dong for keeps months ago — but please tell me the upgrade and impact to mobile mode is happening soon. If I or we can help make it happen financially I’d be willing to entertain an assessment.