PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Boise, ID shooting scene.

BJJ
10-16-2017, 11:22 PM
I am looking for information about the shooting scene in Boise, Idaho. Any information about the following questions is appreciated.

Any recommendations for where to shoot USPSA/IDPA matches?

What is a good indoor range in Boise?

Is there somewhere in the Treasure Valley area where I could rent a bay and practice practical shooting skills?

Is there a local GM or M level shooter is who teaches private lessons?

Thanks.

JRCHolsters
10-18-2017, 09:08 AM
There is a huge array of places to shoot in the Boise area. Pretty much every style/sport you can think of from rimfire challenge to the Machinegun club(IWACA).

For indoor ranges there is Impact Guns. They shoot IDPA there on a regular basis. Nice selection of guns and gear. Various classes are available. There is a new range in Meridian called Independence Indoor Shooting, but I have not been there yet. I also believe that the Nampa Rod and Gun Club as well as the Boise Gun Club have indoor ranges.

For out door ranges;
Nampa Rod and Gun Club - USPSA and Steel Challenge are regular events.
Parma Rod and Gun Club - IDPA, 3-Gun/Multigun, Machinegun matches, Steel Challenge, Rimfire Challenge and about every major event in the area.
Emmett Rod and Gun Club - USPSA, Wild Bunch, I think some Rimfire Challenge.
Blacks Creek Range - Precision Rifle and Cowboy Action.

That is probably just the tip of the shooting scene in the area. Most of the clubs have websites or FB pages. Hope that helps.

HCM
10-18-2017, 09:13 AM
If I opened this thread thinking you were asking about a crime scene did that a sign I need a vacation? :-P

4gallonbucket
10-18-2017, 09:17 AM
I am looking for information about the shooting scene in Boise, Idaho. Any information about the following questions is appreciated.

Any recommendations for where to shoot USPSA/IDPA matches?

What is a good indoor range in Boise?

Is there somewhere in the Treasure Valley area where I could rent a bay and practice practical shooting skills?

Is there a local GM or M level shooter is who teaches private lessons?

Thanks.

I was out there for a little bit working for about 3 months - this was 11 years ago, but I loved that you can pull off the side of the road in a lot of places and shoot out in the govt land. Just find some sort of backstop. I lived in Boise when I was there but managed to drive to just about every corner of the state. I love it there. If I wasn’t rooted in SC, I’d go back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM
10-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Talionis

Jay585
10-18-2017, 09:36 AM
JRCHolsters,

Do you know where I can participate in NRA-highpower style matches?

JRCHolsters
10-18-2017, 10:47 AM
@JRCHolsters (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=1151),

Do you know where I can participate in NRA-highpower style matches?Honestly not sure. I would start with Black's Creek Range (https://idfg.idaho.gov/visit/southwest/blacks-creek). If they don't offer the style, they probably know who does.