PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the CZ75B

JDCRAB
10-14-2017, 08:03 AM
I have been shooting a handload in my CZ 75 B.

It features 6.2grs. of AA5, a 125 gr. HAP bullet and a CCI 550 primer OAL 1.075", all in a Federal case. Velocity averages right at 1125 and accuracy is good for me at 4" for 10 shot groups @ 25 yds.

I do my shooting sitting with my legs bent and resting my wrists on my knees. This is my hunting position and has served me well over the years for deer hunting....with a .44 Mg. of course, not the 9MM.

BTW, I am new here and relatively new to semi auto shooting being mostly a revolver guy. This looks like a good forum with a lot of activity.

JHC
10-14-2017, 08:39 AM
I have been shooting a handload in my CZ 75 B.

It features 6.2grs. of AA5, a 125 gr. HAP bullet and a CCI 550 primer OAL 1.075", all in a Federal case. Velocity averages right at 1125 and accuracy is good for me at 4" for 10 shot groups @ 25 yds.

I do my shooting sitting with my legs bent and resting my wrists on my knees. This is my hunting position and has served me well over the years for deer hunting....with a .44 Mg. of course, not the 9MM.

BTW, I am new here and relatively new to semi auto shooting being mostly a revolver guy. This looks like a good forum with a lot of activity.

I hunt like that as well. Feels solid as sand bags on a bench. If possible I'll wedge by two hands between my knees and with feet wider, angle the knees in towards each other. I thought I picked that up from an Elmer Keith or Skeeter Skelton magazine article back in the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure about that. ;)

JDCRAB
10-14-2017, 11:16 AM
I hunt like that as well. Feels solid as sand bags on a bench. If possible I'll wedge by two hands between my knees and with feet wider, angle the knees in towards each other. I thought I picked that up from an Elmer Keith or Skeeter Skelton magazine article back in the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure about that. ;)

With the Redhawk in .44 Mg., I can keep my shots in 6" at 100 yds. This is with a scope on the gun, since my eyes are not what they once were.