PDA

View Full Version : Is there a shotgun forum equivalent to P-F.com?

Lon
10-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Title pretty much says it all. While there are good shotgun threads here, it’s primary focus is the pistol. I’ve looked at a few other shotgun fora, but I haven’t found one that’s the same quality as P-F.com. Does one exist?

schüler
10-13-2017, 10:22 AM
Title pretty much says it all. While there are good shotgun threads here, it’s primary focus is the pistol. I’ve looked at a few other shotgun fora, but I haven’t found one that’s the same quality as P-F.com. Does one exist?
What kind of shotgun use? Defense, clays, 3-gun? All?

Lon
10-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Mostly Defense and 3 gun.

SteveB
10-13-2017, 01:05 PM
IMO, there is no shooting forum equivalent in quality to P-F.com.

RevolverRob
10-13-2017, 01:19 PM
IMO, there is no shooting forum equivalent in quality to P-F.com.

This^^^

But for 3-gun and some defensive use - I would say Enos' forum is probably the best place.

JHC
10-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Let's explore carving out a shottie board and making it the PF of defensive shottie forums. I bet we have the makings of same here alresdy.

GJM
10-13-2017, 05:55 PM
If it is like shotgun shooting in matches, it will be just a few threads on shooting, point/press, and all the rest on reloading technique.

Suggested name — PistolForumShotgunInternationalEdition.

Unobtanium
10-13-2017, 06:52 PM
http://www.combat-shotgun.com/

It is run by the owner of AIP Tactical.
https://www.aiptactical.com

The traffic volume is relatively low, however.

For 3G, I'd go to Enos forums.

ST911
10-13-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm guessing there's too little SG content for even it's own subforum, much less a website.

Unobtanium
10-13-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm guessing there's too little SG content for even it's own subforum, much less a website.

Except that the largest running threads on here are about shotguns.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10177-Beretta-1301-Tactical
Eight of the 20 threads on the 1st page of this "long gun" forum sub-section deal directly in the subject-line with shotguns and their ammunition and accessories.

Flipping over to page 2, we again see 8/20 of the thread captions pertaining directly to same 9.

Page 3 has 5/20 shotgun content in subject title.

Page 4 shows 6/20 shotgun content in subject title.

Then we FF to page 50, which is a snapshot of April, 2013, and we note 3 out of 20 threads shotgun content in subject title.

It seems there is a strong and steady interest in the shotgun that if anything is picking up.

OlongJohnson
10-13-2017, 07:24 PM
I think of P-F in totality as a user filter more than a content filter. I’m pretty happy with the SG content here.

ssb
10-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Maybe the Long Guns subforum, needs to become the Rifle/Carbine subforum and the shotgun stuff split out into its own subforum. I’m not at all opposed to that if you guys would find it useful.

I'd personally like to see this.

Lon
10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
I'd personally like to see this.

Me too. Know what would be cool? A Shotgun DOTW. Or maybe a DOTMonth. Maybe setup by DB or one of the other shotgun gurus.

Unobtanium
10-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Maybe the Long Guns subforum, needs to become the Rifle/Carbine subforum and the shotgun stuff split out into its own subforum. I’m not at all opposed to that if you guys would find it useful.

Throw another vote in for this.

Lester Polfus
10-13-2017, 11:10 PM

I would like to see that. There is some good shotgun info on here that you can't find anywhere on the internetz. Shotgun is currently running a very distant third in the firearms training world, and it would be a shame for all that info to be lost.

ASH556
10-13-2017, 11:52 PM
I agree with a separate shotgun forum. As far as 3gn specific, I think Boomershooter is better. Most of the shotgun threads we have here are gear-specific. I'd like to see some technique-specific threads as well and agree that a shotgun drill of the month may be a way to keep that active.

Sherman A. House DDS
10-14-2017, 12:36 PM

I agree. A scattergun subforum would be pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
10-14-2017, 12:45 PM
I’d read it.

Glenn E. Meyer
10-14-2017, 12:46 PM
That would make sense. Just FYI - the gun production figures you find summarized in Shooting Industry magazine show that handgun production and AR ish production has risen sharply, shotgun production has been flat over the past few years. Might be the reason for not having much traffic on shotgun oriented venues.

SeriousStudent
10-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Thanks very much, Tom.

Lester Polfus
10-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Mods here are the shit.

Lon
10-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Done. I've moved all the shotgun related post from the past year. I'll get to the remainder Soon™.

https://pistol-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Shotguns

Awesome. Thanks Tom.

Totem Polar
10-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Done. I've moved all the shotgun related post from the past year. I'll get to the remainder Soon™.

https://pistol-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Shotguns

Man, that’s pretty solid work, Tom. Thanks for putting forth the effort.

Eric_L
10-14-2017, 08:19 PM
http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php/forum/12-shotguns/

These guys are mostly a bunch of three gunners. Generally good information. Lots of discussion on loading and especially shotgun modification for three gun. KurtM is an authority on Benelli. He has been on the Benelli three gun team and has shot international competitions. He does not post anymore so his content will be buried back in there.

Nephrology
10-14-2017, 08:28 PM
love it!

Unobtanium
10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
*excitement*

My main hope is that this encourages SMEs to post new and relevant data pertaining to the shotgun , it's ammunition, and employment, that they might otherwise not post due to "meh, who cares?"

GJM
10-14-2017, 09:13 PM
*excitement*

My main hope is that this encourages SMEs to post new and relevant data pertaining to the shotgun , it's ammunition, and employment, that they might otherwise not post due to "meh, who cares?"

There has actually been a lot of shotgun content on PF -- Benelli M2, Benelli M4, Beretta 1301, Scalarworks vs S1, the Hardwired class, plus folks carrying shotguns in the field.

Unobtanium
10-14-2017, 09:27 PM
There has actually been a lot of shotgun content on PF -- Benelli M2, Benelli M4, Beretta 1301, Scalarworks vs S1, the Hardwired class, plus folks carrying shotguns in the field.

Yes there has, but...20861

SpyderMan2k4
10-14-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm a fan of this move

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OlongJohnson
10-14-2017, 10:21 PM
http://www.shotgun-forum.com/

Doesn't look like Tom has it. Mods here are shit.

That Guy
10-15-2017, 10:34 AM
Know what would be cool? A Shotgun DOTW. Or maybe a DOTMonth. Maybe setup by DB or one of the other shotgun gurus.

I agree. Shotgun - and carbine! - Drill of the Whatever would be a really, really good addition.

(I mean, I can't promise I'd participate in shotgun and carbine drill threads. I'm pretty limited in what I can do at my local range, when it comes to reactive targets or longer than basic handgun ranges. And I feel I humiliate myself publicly quite enough when I publish my handgun DotW scores... [emoji14] But I would most certainly read any and all shotgun and carbine DotW's with great interest and try to shoot as many of them as possible.)

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk

Nephrology
10-20-2017, 06:23 AM
Request to change this subforum's name to Boomsticks for Halloween

Nephrology
10-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Request to change this subforum's name to Boomsticks for Halloween
Tom_Jones