PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPS M2 LE

Shotgun
09-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Considering this. Anything bad to report? The phosphorus sites bother me a bit. Seems like you have to charge those with a light before they work as night sights. Otherwise, I like this pistol. Please let me hear from the learned before I spend the money.

Kyle Reese
09-30-2017, 05:34 PM
If you have big hands, like me, you might have an issue inadvertently actuating the mag release during firing. Other than that, mine was a solid firearm.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RJ
09-30-2017, 06:21 PM
I liked my M2 a lot.

As a lefty though I had a couple issues inadvertently releasing the mag while it was in the holster.

It happened once at the range. Might have been my grip (I have M hands).

I also felt the 6/7/8 capacity was small, relative to its physical weight.

I sold it towards a HK P30SK LEM, my current EDC.

FOG
09-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Ive owned the non le version for over a year now. Love mine, no problems to report. Shoots good, conceals great.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

GJM
09-30-2017, 08:09 PM
I have two, they work fine. For me, they are an improvement over the original, as I prefer the button magnrelease, different grip and delete of that safety thingee on the original blackstrap. Little mini Gadget like feature is a plus.

Really gets down to what else you shoot. If you regularly shoot a Glock, I would get a 43. I like the PPS when in PPQ mode, as they point similarly.

Cool Breeze
10-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Nice gun... But considerably heavier than a shield or G43 in the single stack 9 category. Not sure if you are just looking for a width reduction in carry or weight too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mrozowjj
10-03-2017, 01:54 AM
Nice gun... But considerably heavier than a shield or G43 in the single stack 9 category. Not sure if you are just looking for a width reduction in carry or weight too.

I take issue with your word choice in regards to the word "considerably"
Unloaded weights as listed from the factory is:
PPS M2 21 oz
Shield 19 oz
Glock 43 18 oz

I had a Shield and PPS at the same time and once loaded and placed in a holster it's hard to tell any difference on the belt, I doubt the one less oz of the Glock is going to matter much either; the weight between the 3 is academic. Choose whatever gun tickles your fancy as neither of the 3 are going to be so light that you forget your carrying a gun and all will be lighter than you're used to carrying.

And for the record the
Ruger LC9 17 oz
Sig P938 16 oz
Boberg XR-9 17.5 oz
Kahr PM 14 oz
Rohrbaugh R9 13.5 oz
Diamondback DP9 11 oz

So if weight is the only issue there are other lighter options than either Glock or Shield... though most of them are less desirable for other reasons.

That said the only difference between the regular PPS M2 and the Limited Edition (LE is Limited edition not "law enforcement" as some dealers might erroneously tell you) is the phosphorous sights which are very meh and the addition of an 3rd magazine so the gun will come with an 6,7 and an 8 round magazine. If you can get the LE for $30ish more go for it. If it's more than a $40 price difference get the regular and buy a spare mag separately as I personally don't think the sights are worth it. Hell if you'd like the sights you can have mine for a steal as I replaced mind with Dawson sights.

Cool Breeze
10-03-2017, 09:52 AM
I take issue with your word choice in regards to the word "considerably"
Unloaded weights as listed from the factory is:
PPS M2 21 oz
Shield 19 oz
Glock 43 18 oz

I had a Shield and PPS at the same time and once loaded and placed in a holster it's hard to tell any difference on the belt, I doubt the one less oz of the Glock is going to matter much either; the weight between the 3 is academic. Choose whatever gun tickles your fancy as neither of the 3 are going to be so light that you forget your carrying a gun and all will be lighter than you're used to carrying.

And for the record the
Ruger LC917 oz
Sig P93816 oz
Boberg XR-917.5 oz
Kahr PM 14 oz
Rohrbaugh R913.5 oz
Diamondback DP911 oz

So if weight is the only issue there are other lighter options than either Glock or Shield... though most of them are less desirable for other reasons.

That said the only difference between the regular PPS M2 and the Limited Edition (LE is Limited edition not "law enforcement" as some dealers might erroneously tell you) is the phosphorous sights which are very meh and the addition of an 3rd magazine so the gun will come with an 6,7 and an 8 round magazine. If you can get the LE for $30ish more go for it. If it's more than a $40 price difference get the regular and buy a spare mag separately as I personally don't think the sights are worth it. Hell if you'd like the sights you can have mine for a steal as I replaced mind with Dawson sights.I feel you. I think different people have different sensitivities to weight. The PPS M2 weighs the same as Glock 26 and I can feel the difference between an unloaded G43 and G26 on my waist. As with anything ymmv.