PDA

View Full Version : Alabama's Roy Moore -- maybe not the safest firearm handler

idahojess
09-26-2017, 11:08 PM
http://youtu.be/J4o14NnEfZU

I certainly appreciate the thought, but....

RoyGBiv
09-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Zealots and Guns. Crosses and Sheets. Peas and Carrots.

Trooper224
09-27-2017, 03:28 AM
And he won the election. :( Roll Tide.

farscott
09-27-2017, 05:27 AM
As an Alabama resident, I am appalled at the state electorate's choice for junior Senator. And that is what the runoff was -- a de facto general election. Judge Moore seems to think that he does not need to obey federal laws or the orders of federal judges following those laws, and he will now be making those laws. Senator Strange was no prize, but he understood separation of church and state. And kept his pistol holstered. And had the NRA's very strong endorsement.

SamAdams
09-27-2017, 05:48 AM
I heard that Strange had been a lobbyist for trade deals that took clothing and textile jobs out of Alabama. Specifically for Russell Athletic which off shores production to China and Central America now. None of their clothing is made in America. Some said this was a major reason people from Alabama voted against Strange, but I don't know the local politics there so don't know how much that was a factor in the election.

GuanoLoco
09-27-2017, 08:01 AM
Moore is a total jackwagon and I am embarrassed for the state I call home.

When your former law professor comes out with this, you know it is bad:

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/09/a_lesson_on_roy_moore_from_his.html

45dotACP
09-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Literally anybody else would have been arrested for brandishing no?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

blues
09-27-2017, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure that he should be entrusted with a banjo on his knee.

eb07
09-27-2017, 08:58 AM
The entire legislature in DC is a clown show so he will fit right in.

Zincwarrior
09-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Why is he dressed up like the Hollywood version of a Texas cowboy? Isn't this Alabama?

lwt16
09-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Luther Strange had the NRA endorsement (if his campaign commercials were truthful) so that's what Moore is referencing in this bit.

Politics nauseates me so I'm not going to research anything.

Regards.

Eli
09-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Just to add useless info the the thread...

On top of everything publicly (objectively) wrong with Roy, in private he's a holier-than-thou, condescending, douche bag. I see him every year at the family reunion (3rd cousin). Most of my family thinks he can do no wrong, but personally I can't stand the asshole.

Caballoflaco
09-27-2017, 11:52 AM
My dislike of the man made this the first special election I voted in. His winning does nothing to help my what is now probably terminal case of misanthropy.

Sensei
09-27-2017, 03:35 PM
So, the GOP establishment offers up a polical tick imbedded in the party's testicles in the form of Luther Strange, and the everyday Republican voter (i.e. Joe 6-Pack) responds by nominating this clown? Hmmm, why does this sound familiar?

Inner city Democrats respond to perceived slights from their party managers by burning down their own neighborhoods; rural Republicans respond by burning down their own political futures. It just goes to show that neither party has a lock on stupid.

Joe in PNG
09-27-2017, 03:48 PM
So, the GOP establishment offers up a polical tick imbedded in the party's testicles in the form of Luther Strange, and the everyday Republican voter (i.e. Joe 6-Pack) responds by nominating this clown? Hmmm, why does this sound familiar?

Inner city Demcrats respond to perceived slights from their party managers by burning down their own neighborhoods; rural Republicans respond by burning down their own political futures. It just goes to show that neither party has a lock on stupid.

Work behind the scenes at the polls sometime. You will be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that stupidity is non-partisan.

Sensei
10-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Well this is getting interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/17/fox-news-poll-alabama-senate-race-all-tied-up.amp.html

Moore is tied with his Dem opponent at 42%. The fact that this is even within single digits is a disgrace. I suppose that part of Bannon’s master plan to “destroy the GOP” was to force the party to spend money defending what should be safe seats.

Irelander
10-18-2017, 09:28 AM
I heard Roy's speeches after he won the election and I could find nothing wrong with what he said. Based on what I heard I thought he sounded like just what this country needs. I haven't looked into him other than listening to his speeches.

Zincwarrior
10-18-2017, 09:58 AM
I heard Roy's speeches after he won the election and I could find nothing wrong with what he said. Based on what I heard I thought he sounded like just what this country needs. I haven't looked into him other than listening to his speeches.

I turned off after he took to the stage in a Hollywood cowboy outfit and started waiving a Jframe around like the best Bloomberg parody of a gun owner. Getting kicked off a state supreme court-twice- thats impressive and I think he's the only one to ever have achieved that award.

Peally
10-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Politicians are living proof you can be good at regurgitating speeches and still be a fucking useless human being.

JB326
10-19-2017, 11:28 AM
It is pure disgrace that our best option for a freaking Senator is an absolute clown. But it's either him or a dude that would be much better suited for California politics.

Moore is a terrible joke.

Sensei
11-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, maybe it’s time to change the title of this thread to, “Alabama’s Roy Moore—-Maybe Not the Safest Babysitter.”

Granted, the timing of the accusations is suspicious, but I’m having a hard time giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who was indefensible before these accusations. THIRTY accusers willing to lie their collective asses off is not likely, and I certainly would not let my kid go to a church camp if the priest had that many skeletons in his closet. So, I’m left doing what every other non-Alabama resident is going to do - sit back, relax, and watch the slow dumpster fire that has become the GOP.

45dotACP
11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that's too many to be coincidence or conspiracy.

I'm all for the "innocent until proven guilty"

I'm also all for the "let the fathers have him for ten minutes in a room with a crowbar if he's guilty" camp.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk