PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Tyler T-grip

BillSWPA
09-19-2017, 01:45 PM
For those of you who use Tyler T-grips, have you had any issues with the grip scratching the finish of a blued gun? I am seriously considering adding one of these to one of my revolvers, but wanted to check on this first. Thanks in advance.

Stephanie B
09-19-2017, 01:51 PM
For those of you who use Tyler T-grips, have you had any issues with the grip scratching the finish of a blued gun? I am seriously considering adding one of these to one of my revolvers, but wanted to check on this first. Thanks in advance.

I can't say that I have, but then again, the gun that I recently put a T-grip on is rather finish-challenged. I might not have noticed.

If that's a concern, you might want to look at buying a BK grip (http://bkgrips.com/).

Bushytale
09-19-2017, 02:06 PM
The T-grip is aluminum and with copper stays, not much chance of damaging a blue finish. The ones I have used over the years never caused a blue finish problem. More likely to slightly mar the grip finish on wood grips. As Stephanie B. said, the BK adapter would be less likely to cause any problems being plastic with copper stays. I have been happy with both types.

Sherman A. House DDS
09-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Mark me down as a fan of the BK grips. I like the double stays, too. Plus, you can krylon them silver if you need to, or if you want to get real fancy, have one of those big shot cerakoters do it in a high tech finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie john
09-19-2017, 06:30 PM

Nope. Use with confidence.

Okie John

Stephanie B
09-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Normally the BK Grip guy sends them out by priority mail within a day or two after you place the order on the website.

Tyler's turnaround time is down to a couple weeks, I believe, which is a lot better than it was a few years ago. And unless things have changed, still have to order them by mail and send them a check.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk

Bushytale
09-19-2017, 08:05 PM
My latest order from Tyler's was on 9/1 and it invoiced on 9/11, I received it on 9/18. I am in S. Florida so Irma may have delayed delivery slightly.

BillSWPA
09-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. I am now happier to go ahead and order the T-grip.

Totem Polar
09-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Nope. Use with confidence.

Okie John
What he said.

deputyG23
09-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Glad to hear Tyler is back on track. I need an adapter for my 4" M64 as soon as I find a decent set of PC magna stocks. This will be my "last day of work" gun I wear on the job whenever I decide to hang it up.

willie
09-20-2017, 10:19 AM
I suggest that you look for this item or info about where to find it on the S&W forum, a knowledge bunch on Smiths.

LtDave
09-20-2017, 07:36 PM
I’ve got several of the BK ones and find I prefer them to the Tyler grip adapters.

Willard
11-04-2022, 05:37 PM
I received my Tyler T-Grips today. Check cashed 13 Jul. Delivered today. Quoted website time 4-6 weeks. No markings of any sort and do not look like old T-grips. I would buy the Robertson's alternative all day everyday over these. YMMV.

Outpost75
11-04-2022, 09:32 PM
On the older Colts the Tyler is the only correct fit unless you can find an antique Mershon.

Cecil Burch
11-05-2022, 08:06 PM
On the older Colts the Tyler is the only correct fit unless you can find an antique Mershon.

I did not find that to be true. My ‘66 Agent was rocking a BK and they fit perfectly.

Outpost75
11-05-2022, 08:29 PM
I did not find that to be true. My ‘66 Agent was rocking a BK and they fit perfectly.

I don't consider a post-WW2 Colt "old".

I was referring to pre-1940 revolvers which have a distinctly different grip shape and pre-1920 are different still.

In particular the New Service, Army Special and prewar Police Positives.

Half Moon
11-07-2022, 11:59 AM
I don't consider a post-WW2 Colt "old".

I was referring to pre-1940 revolvers which have a distinctly different grip shape and pre-1920 are different still.

In particular the New Service, Army Special and prewar Police Positives.

FWIW the BK Colt adaptor fits fine on my Colt 1917 (though the BK is designed for the smaller frames...)

RevolverRob
11-07-2022, 01:48 PM
I like the BKs as well. I ordered a couple of them and they're sitting on my EDC Colt Cobra and one I put on my Colt Agent which has grips that end at the grip frame. That one I had to dremel down a bit, because it was long for the short butt grips. That's not surprising and I'd prefer my adapter to be a little long to fit longer grips and chop it down, than the other way around.

BK was fast with shipping and the product is nice and comparable in texture and structure to the old Pachamyr adapters.

Outpost75
11-07-2022, 09:35 PM
FWIW the BK Colt adaptor fits fine on my Colt 1917 (though the BK is designed for the smaller frames...)

Good to know. Thanks for the info!