PDA

View Full Version : Dale Fricke Holster

Super J
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm excited. Emailed Dale yesterday to discuss an appendix holster (seraphim model) and also an iwb mag carrier for my G17 with rmr and suppressor sights. Communication from Mr Fricke is excellent and estimated turnaround time (should be ready next week) is amazing. I'm used to hearing about custom holsters taking forever to produce, so I was very pleased to hear next week.

I also wanted to order a sheath for my small tdi knife, but could not decide if I wanted it to be attached to my iwb mag holder or completely separate. Any thoughts regarding this?

I'll be certain to report back to everyone as to the fit, function and comfort of my new gear when I get it. Given all the reviews that I've read so far, I'm confident that I'll love the stuff.

The link to Mr Fricke's site:
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/index.htm

GJM
01-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Dale is a class act. I have had an opportunity to visit him three times in the last two months, and he and his holsters are just outstanding. The Gideon, a trim OWB holster, is like a Bruce Nelson leather holster executed in Kydex, and my favorite OWB holster ever. It works for both regular iron sight and RMR equipped pistols. I also like his Archangel and Seraphim AIWB holsters.

His holsters exhibit high level craftsmanship with the edges beveled, and belt loops sized exactly for the thickness of your belt, so they stay put.

His turn around is fast, generally within a week, and he is very responsive to email. Dale is also a capable shooter, and uses an RMR equipped 30 and 21 as his primary choices.

VolGrad
01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
This is freaky ... I mean Fricke ... I mean I was literally just on his site looking at some things when this thread popped up.

I use one of his horizontal mag pouches as my EDC and love it. My past dealings with him have also all been very positive.

I am very curious about the Gideon OWB. Anyone that's used it .... how does it conceal? I know it is OWB but can you pull still ... does it really hold the butt of the gun against your side or does it stick out some?

GJM
01-13-2012, 09:29 AM
See my comment on the Gideon above. Yes, the Gideon conceals very well for an OWB, as it tucks the pistol in tight, and rides relatively high. It also has a small footprint on your belt, since the loops are on the body of the holster rather than wing style.

VolGrad
01-13-2012, 10:31 AM
See my comment on the Gideon above. Yes, the Gideon conceals very well for an OWB, as it tucks the pistol in tight, and rides relatively high. It also has a small footprint on your belt, since the loops are on the body of the holster rather than wing style.

Thanks. This is on my "want to try" list. If anyone has a used one they want to part with send me a PM. I might have some cash or gear to trade you.

tmoore912
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Dale makes some great gear. I have four of his holsters and mag pouches. Always been more than satisfied dealing with Dale.

DocGKR
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I have gone exclusively to using Fricke holsters for concealed carry of Glocks and M&P's mounting RMR's.

I use Seraphim's for AIWB/IWB carry at 1-3 o'clock.

In addition, I use Gideon Elite holsters for OWB at 3 o'clock. The Gideon's that Dale has made for me are modified for RMR's like the Seraphim; in addition, I have some he made for use with x300's attached the pistols. The Gideon holsters carry very similarly to the Alessi DOJ holsters I previously used for OWB concealed carry; I find them outstanding.

Mr_White
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I also wanted to order a sheath for my small tdi knife, but could not decide if I wanted it to be attached to my iwb mag holder or completely separate. Any thoughts regarding this?

I use Archangel IWB mag pouches with a small knife attached to them. They weren't made that way; I set them up like that.

I can't take pictures right now, but will try to do so later and get them posted so you can see. It isn't absolutely perfect, but it meets my needs, is along the lines of what you are talking about, and are Dale Fricke products to boot (the mag pouches anyway.)

Hopefully I can put the pics up tonight or tomorrow.

tmoore912
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
If you can dream it up, Dale can make it for you.

Not mine. Taken from WarriorTalk forum.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/TennDECA/1-1.jpg

dickmadison
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I talked to dale a couple times and he is great to work with. Excellent customer service and responsiveness. Excellent craftsmanship on the kydex...looks outstanding I use is arch angel holster for aiwb anytime i'm not swearing a tucked in shirt. Its very comfy and conceals pretty well. I'm surprised it doesn't get more positive feedback on this forum but to each their own. I'm always interested in finding something more concealble, I just don't have the money to buy every new product under the sun to try out. I started with his gideon before I switched to aiwb and it does ride high and very very close the body. I love that holster too.

JodyH
01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I really like the Archangel for my P2000, but for some reason the design doesn't work as well for me with larger guns like the P30 or a Glock 17.
The Fricke horizontal mag carrier is awesome.

Limey-
01-22-2012, 04:38 AM
I use a Seraphim for AIWB with a Glock 19/17 plus RMR. Great product and fast turnaround.

Super J
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Update-

I received my seraphim holster for my rmr'ed G17 and vertical iwb mag holder from Mr Fricke. Craftmanship and attention to detail is superb. I tried the mag holder up front but I think I need to use a bigger loop as just left of my cobra buckle on my ares belt is too thick for the loop...so I put the mag carrier off to 9 o'clock.

I will post a fair review on the function of the holster once I get some more time with it on.

All the best

J

matman
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I just got an Archangel for my Glock 19/23 hybrid (23 I converted to 9mm back in late 06') with the new Crimson trace Lightguard. Its pretty awesome. Shot a full one day Defensive pistol course (700 rounds) with it a few weeks back and carry it all the time. The advantages of AIWB are amazing to see once you really start to train with it. I've been shooting another class this week with a new Kydex OWB holster I picked up on my stong side. The differences in it and AIWB are very noticable to me now.

Dales quality is evident in every way of this holster. I placed the order for a CUSTOM holster for the CT Lightguard which I also ordered at the same time. Dale inquired with CT about something he could use to mold from. When I got the light I called him and mentioned having the light now. So he asked me to send it to him. I sent the light hoping this wouldnt be like some other Kydex I had made (a month or more) in the making. He called me a few days later, thanked me for the service I do for our country and verified my order was correct. It shipped about two days later. From start of this to finish was a little over 2 weeks. My head was spinning! I bought a pistol from a guy that took me WAY LONGER than that to get in my hands.

So far this holster has been nothing but pleasing to me. The holster size is just right. Much longer would be uncomfortable, but any shorter and it would most likely not be as stable under the belt. I also LOVE carrying 16 rounds of 9mm that I can axcess and place a shot on target in around 1 second! Its very impressive and I will be ordering at least one more rig from him right away for my PPS. I have Leather AIWB rigs on order from a promenant company, but really like Kydex for times that comfort is less of an issue and speed is my focus. These more than fullfill that role. IF this thing was any faster, I think you would need to have something special going on like that would sacrifice the retention this thing has.

Pictures below:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/431757_430962574949_500614949_1650197_96188858_n.j pg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/424923_430962109949_500614949_1650196_1113223462_n .jpg

*Since these pics the CT Laser has been removed, and the grip stippling is still a work in progress. I wanted to shoot it and see what else I wanted modded before I finished it up. Great shooting and feeling setup thought like this. Its the best of all worlds Glock (9mm, compact, got the rail, and no longer has the finger grooves to crowd up my grip. I have a couple more things I am considering doing to the gun as well).

I cannot reccomend Dale enough. This is my third Product i've bought from him and I'm certain it wont be the last.

aboveandbeyond
01-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Here's my take on it: I'm still debating on whether I like my DF Archangel or not. It's wicked fast, but the inherent design does not lead to conceal-ability nor comfortability. It's definitely a trade off, one I'm not sure to make. Sure, some may argue that CCWing shouldn't be comfortable but comforting. I don't agree with that, why the hell can't it be both? So long comfort doesn't detract from performance, I'm all for it.

I just may be spoiled by the comfort, conceal-ability, and fast aspects of my SCW K25. But between the k25 and AA, AA wins in terms of speed. But then again, the nature of Appendix carry is fast. K25, I routinely draw shoot 1 round into a 10 yard IPSC A zone in low 1.4s. Dale fricke, I routinely clocked in at 1.1s, 1.2s. Best split was sub 1s. In my experience, DF appendix is fast!

I have a couple of gripes about the design of the AA. IMO the AA is the best AIWB holster I've tried, there are room for improvements. The loops (hands down the most overlooked aspect in holster design) on the AA are so close to being a winner. It's thin, definitely tough and durable, but provides way too much flex for my liking. One aspect I love about the K25 is the loops. I'm considering about butchering one the K25 loops to make the width smaller while still retaining the rigidity, and putting them on the AA.

While tension screws add a nice touch of personal preferences, they are bulky, too bulky.

The sweat guard or hood whatever you want to call it, needs to modified. The edges of the hood print out quite a bit.

That's my take on the Archangel. Awesome for speed, mediocre in conceal and comfort. With a few minor touches (okay, alot) I may be sold on the holster. But not yet...

SCBradley
01-27-2012, 07:16 PM
In what way are the tension screws bulky?

Madnik
01-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Another Archangel fan, here. I anticipate more Fricke gear in my future.

aboveandbeyond
01-28-2012, 06:48 PM
In what way are the tension screws bulky?

The holster would be much more lo-pro without the screws and rubber. I strive to eliminate as much profile as possible. A lower-pro design IMO outweighs the need for adjustable retention.

JodyH
01-28-2012, 07:03 PM
The holster would be much more lo-pro without the screws and rubber. I strive to eliminate as much profile as possible. A lower-pro design IMO outweighs the need for adjustable retention.
I have both kinds of holsters, those with adjustable tension (Fricke AA) and those without (C&D Pardus).
That portion of the holster is slimmer than the triggerguard and slimmer than the frame rail/dustcover with or without the adjustable tension.
I for one cannot see where the added thickness of the adjustable tension (which is still thinner than the areas around it) makes a bit of difference in concealment or comfort.

tmoore912
01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I have both kinds of holsters, those with adjustable tension (Fricke AA) and those without (C&D Pardus).
That portion of the holster is slimmer than the triggerguard and slimmer than the frame rail/dustcover with or without the adjustable tension.
I for one cannot see where the added thickness of the adjustable tension (which is still thinner than the areas around it) makes a bit of difference in concealment or comfort.

I don't see or feel how any of what he is talking about makes any difference either.

aboveandbeyond
01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't see or feel how any of what he is talking about makes any difference either.

I'm probably just very picky. How little or small those things may be. I believe in eliminating as much as possible to streamline the design. Shibumi if you will...

JAD
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Shibumi if you will...
Not with his bumi and blame it on him.