PDA

View Full Version : M&P 2.0 Compact Poll

ranger
09-12-2017, 11:13 AM
I will be a beta tester for the M&P 2.0 Compact. I will preorder from Quantico. Purpose of the M&P 2.0 Compact will be for CCW and it will replace my current M&P 1.0 FS 9mm without safety. I have multiple M&Ps - all 1.0 - all 9mm except a 5 inch Pro with a Stormlake 40 to 9 conversion barrel. I have a wealth of M&P parts and accessories on hands - holsters, magazines, sights, etc.

I carry strong side - currently do not AIWB.

Sherman A. House DDS
09-12-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5pins
09-12-2017, 11:55 AM
You can't have it without thumb safety and with night sights?

Up1911Fan
09-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I'll be ordering a no safety 9mm this week as well.

DallasBronco
09-12-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm conflicted on with or without thumb safety. On the 1.0 guns, you could remove the thumb safety if desired and install a frame plug to fill the hole, but the 2.0's seem to have a different frame depending on this option. It seems whatever way you get it, it has to stay that way.

ranger
09-12-2017, 12:25 PM
You can't have it without thumb safety and with night sights?

You can - my first attempt at poll and I did not do well, actually I do not think you order from Quantico with thumb safety and without night sights

scjbash
09-12-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm conflicted on with or without thumb safety. On the 1.0 guns, you could remove the thumb safety if desired and install a frame plug to fill the hole, but the 2.0's seem to have a different frame depending on this option. It seems whatever way you get it, it has to stay that way.

I used the frame plugs on my 2.0. Worked fine.

MSparks909
09-12-2017, 02:07 PM
The 2.0 Compact with the thumb safety strikes me as an affordable polymer Pseudo X9...assuming the accuracy is good.

oldtexan
09-12-2017, 02:45 PM
In my opinion, carrying a handgun with a manual safety requires particular additional training and practice, under stress simulating that of a potentially lethal surprise encounter with a violent criminal actor, over and above that required in carrying a gun lacking a manual safety, to ensure that under realistic stress, the carrier can be confident and competent in activating/deactivating the safety.

Because of that extra training/practice requirement, the fact that you are currently carrying a pistol lacking a manual safety, that you are carrying concealed, that you are not carrying AIWB, and that I have no other info about your experience (or lack of it) using a manual safety under stress, I strongly recommend you pick the gun without a manual safety.

Erick Gelhaus
09-12-2017, 02:47 PM
With thumb safety. I've got my own preference in sights and the stock ones aren't exactly it.

DallasBronco
09-12-2017, 02:48 PM
I used the frame plugs on my 2.0. Worked fine.
That's good to know. Thanks for telling me as I haven't been hands on with a 2.0 yet, but am seriously tempted with the new compact they've announced.

ImNobody
09-12-2017, 04:09 PM
I voted with thumb safety, but honestly it is because I hope a user can delete them as easily as you can on the 2.0 guns. I figure it is easier to get one and delete it than not get one and have to get the parts to install it (if that is even possible). If it turns out the safety cannot easily be deleted, I will struggle with the choice.

mmc45414
09-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I may wait until I can put hands on one with the safety. I tried to like it on my 1.0, and have a couple that came with and I removed and plugged. I kept wishing somebody (10-8? Anyone?...) would make a revised bar that lowered the paddle down to where it falls on the 1911, maybe single sided. So I am not clicking to poll, cause I don't know yet.

ETA: Has anybody besides Paul Levy touched one of these? :)

TheNewbie
09-12-2017, 05:46 PM
I may wait until I can put hands on one with the safety. I tried to like it on my 1.0, and have a couple that came with and I removed and plugged. I kept wishing somebody (10-8? Anyone?...) would make a revised bar that lowered the paddle down to where it falls on the 1911, maybe single sided. So I am not clicking to poll, cause I don't know yet.

ETA: Has anybody besides Paul Levy touched one of these? :)

The TS on the 2.0 I tried was better. Why companies don't offer a 1911 style TS is beyond me. Still I wouldn't carry and M&P without one.

Gorris
09-12-2017, 07:07 PM
I preordered but I'm thinking of cancelling it considering the FS 2.0 in 9mm is still having accuracy issues. I don't think I would be able to trust the compact as my ccw.

Lon
09-12-2017, 09:12 PM
With thumb safety. I've got my own preference in sights and the stock ones aren't exactly it.

This.

GJM
09-12-2017, 09:26 PM
The only thing that differentiates this pistol, from approaching a zillion other polymer strikers, is the thumb safety. They better get the thumb safety right on this model.

mmc45414
09-12-2017, 09:30 PM
The only thing that differentiates this pistol, from approaching a zillion other polymer strikers, is the thumb safety. They better get the thumb safety right on this model.
Since I have a pretty good batch of these things, well a few anyway (I should remember who I am replying to... :) ) I might get one of these with the safety and force myself to use it for a while. Just because it is not EXACTLY where it is on a 1911 doesn't mean it is not workable, just aggravating since the 1911 is to the subconscious level for me.

TheNewbie
09-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Did you try any 2.0 TS models? I thought they were improved.

I would like to see the TS a little lower and just a bit more positive. Still, I can't think of a better non 1911 TS on a mainstream pistol. There may be, but it's not coming to mind right now.

MichaelD
09-12-2017, 10:38 PM
No thumb safety and I'll be getting a couple of them as soon as the budget allows.

I've carried an M&P9c for eight years, and have carried AIWB for the last two. I've been pining for a G19 equivalent M&P for about as long as I've been carrying, and am stoked that S&W finally has one coming out. Most definitely in here.

Hot Sauce
09-12-2017, 11:22 PM
No thumb safety and I'll be getting a couple of them as soon as the budget allows.

I've carried an M&P9c for eight years, and have carried AIWB for the last two. I've been pining for a G19 equivalent M&P for about as long as I've been carrying, and am stoked that S&W finally has one coming out. Most definitely in here.No TS and carrying an M&P appendix? To each his own of course, but damn, I wouldn't have the balls to do that. :p

MichaelD
09-12-2017, 11:47 PM
No TS and carrying an M&P appendix? To each his own of course, but damn, I wouldn't have the balls to do that. :pI have a nice, safe holstering technique I use... one that absolutely will not allow the trigger to move back as the pistol is inserted in the holster.

TheNewbie
09-12-2017, 11:56 PM
I have a nice, safe holstering technique I use... one that absolutely will not allow the trigger to move back as the pistol is inserted in the holster.

How do you holster?

MichaelD
09-13-2017, 12:04 AM
How do you holster?I simply put my finger behind the trigger while it's pointed in a safe direction (I actually put my finger on the grip first, then slide it in back of the trigger), then holster the pistol.

ImNobody
09-13-2017, 08:42 AM
I simply put my finger behind the trigger while it's pointed in a safe direction (I actually put my finger on the grip first, then slide it in back of the trigger), then holster the pistol.

Holy f@%*. Not my cup of tea......

MichaelD
09-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Holy f@%*. Not my cup of tea......

If you (or anyone else) can explain why you think that's worse than releasing a magazine with your trigger finger on a paddle-release pistol I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

MSparks909
09-13-2017, 11:03 AM
If you (or anyone else) can explain why you think that's worse than releasing a magazine with your trigger finger on a paddle-release pistol I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Uhhh...because usually when you release the magazine with your trigger finger the gun is empty...putting your finger anywhere inside the trigger guard while reholstering is a very bad idea. Just don't do it. Ever.

davisj
09-13-2017, 11:53 AM
I simply put my finger behind the trigger while it's pointed in a safe direction (I actually put my finger on the grip first, then slide it in back of the trigger), then holster the pistol.

How loose is your holster that it has room for you to place your finger behind the trigger, holster, then remove your finger from said holster? I'm confused...

MichaelD
09-13-2017, 11:58 AM
How loose is your holster that it has room for you to place your finger behind the trigger, holster, then remove your finger from said holster? I'm confused...

It isn't loose. I use a Custom Carry Concepts Gestalt holster, and I simply move my finger out of the way when it hits the holster edge. The trigger has therefore cleared any potential encumbrances before I move my finger as I'm inserting the pistol in the holster.

Hot Sauce
09-13-2017, 12:28 PM
It isn't loose. I use a Custom Carry Concepts Gestalt holster, and I simply move my finger out of the way when it hits the holster edge. The trigger has therefore cleared any potential encumbrances before I move my finger as I'm inserting the pistol in the holster. I'm sure that works, as long as it is executed perfectly every time. Which goes back to the reason why I like a TS/Gadget/Hammer, if by some chance I executed my holstering technique less than perfect.

ca survivor
09-13-2017, 04:44 PM
No TS and carrying an M&P appendix? To each his own of course, but damn, I wouldn't have the balls to do that. :p

the worry isn't bout the balls if a AD holstering, worry about your Femoral artery, running down your leg, if hit you won't even have time to reach for the cell to call 911, have a nice AIWB day.

JM Campbell
09-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Tapatalk doesn't show the poll.

I vote mp9c with ts, I've aiwb the original 9c, 2 mp9fs, 2 mp9fs with ts, a mp9 CORE pro and a shield 9.
Proper holstering technique should be used with any fire arm period.
Guns are dangerous, but even you 1911 users and especially you P320 dudes know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImNobody
09-13-2017, 05:54 PM

I don't have a gun with a magazine paddle release. Again, not my cup of tea.....