PDA

View Full Version : Any non-LEOs purchased from a Glock LE dealer in Virginia?

ChrisG
01-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Anybody got any first or second hand experience with this? I'm in the market for a new Glock, and qualify for a "Blue Label" purchase, although I am not an LEO. In the past I've ordered guns through their Individual Officer Program, where they ship straight from Georgia to a local FFL. However, I'd rather not deal with the wait, and with the recent ejector problems would prefer to purchase from a storefront so I can confirm I'm getting the latest parts. This would mean buying from one of the three LE dealers in the state, Town Police Supply in Richmond or Collinsville, or VA Guns and Sports Supply in Newport News. When I lived in California I heard a few horror stories about qualified non-LEOs trying to purchase from LE dealers, ranging from heavy doses of attitude from the dealer to outright refusal to make the sale, even though it was perfectly legal and within Glock policy. I'm trying to get a sense if I might run into those kinds of issues in VA. Thanks.

Al T.
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Can't speak for VA dealers, but the two we have here are OK with qualifying non-LEOs purchasing. At my local shop, Glock provided a list of eligable folks and that's what they follow. IIRC, it's active military, licensed security and corrections officers or some such.

Check your prices - one shop sells G22/17/19/23 etc., for $398, the other for $450 or so. Not sure why.

TGS
01-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I have a buddy in Arlington that is looking for blue label guns. He called up Guns and Ammo in Manassass who claims to be a LE dealer. He was told they'd be having a big blue label shipment in mid January and to check back. He's not a LEO. When I had inquired about blue label with them, they didn't have a hint of attitude and I wasn't a LEO either.

I can't imagine Town Police Supply giving anyone an attitude. They advertise a lot on vaguntrader.com and seem to be happy to have a non-LEO customer base.

As to prices, I don't know what they're doing. I saw a price list from a CA Glock LE dealer and all the prices for blue label guns were from $425 to $600. I always understood Blue Label to be $399 flat across the board mandatory pricing. Dealers usually get away with adding a few bucks to the price because if you won't buy it, the next guy in line will happily buy it. At least, that's the way I understood it.

Edit: Here's that CA dealer (http://warrioronegunsandammo.com/GLOCK_BLUE_LABEL_DEALER.html).

HCM
01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Can't speak for VA dealers, but the two we have here are OK with qualifying non-LEOs purchasing. At my local shop, Glock provided a list of eligable folks and that's what they follow. IIRC, it's active military, licensed security and corrections officers or some such.

Check your prices - one shop sells G22/17/19/23 etc., for $398, the other for $450 or so. Not sure why.

Same here in TX. Our local Glock LE Dealers see as many, or more .Mil and retiree sales as LE. Defintely check the price.The LE dealer in Austin charges the same as Glock for both the weapon and night sights while the LE dealer in in San Antonio charges about $20 more for the weapon and $40 to 50 more for the night sights.

cmoore
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Below is a list of Glock LE Distributors in VA. As a retired military guy, I have dealt with Town Police Supply in Richmond and found them accommodating. Give them a call and let them know what you want. If you buy directly from them, you will generally save about $25 over the Blue Gun price at a non-distributor Glock dealer selling Blue Guns. Also below are Glock's qualifying categories for Blue Gun purchasers in case others reading this are interested.

Town Police Supply
417 North Virginia Ave
Collinsville, VA 24078
Phone: (276) 647-4161
www.townpolice.com

Town Police Supply of Richmond
3541 Courthouse Rd
Richmond, VA 23236
Phone: (804) 745-6433
www.townpolice.com

VA Guns and Sports Supply
731-A J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23601
Phone: (757) 873-4867

------------------------------------------------

GLOCK, Inc. has approved the sale or “Sub-Distribution” of GLOCK “BLUE LABEL PISTOLS” to the following purchasers:

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City.
(Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D.
(Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
• State Licensed Armed Security Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
• LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
• GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) members with current gun purchase card.
Not for immediate sale of pistol on membership.
o The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF Annual Member renewing an annual membership for a 2nd consecutive year .
o The GSSF GLOCK Pistol Purchase Card will be issued to a GSSF ‘Two-Year’, ‘Three Year’, ‘Five Year’ or ‘Lifetime’ Member with their initial membership card.

ChrisG
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Very helpful, particularly cmoore. Addressed all my concerns and learned something new. I was unaware Glock was allowing "Blue Label" gun sales through non-LE dealers. Thanks again

TGS
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I was unaware Glock was allowing "Blue Label" gun sales through non-LE dealers.

Where'd you get that info?

vaspence
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Second cmoore's post. Town Police in Richmond is good to go. I've bought Glocks and Smiths from them on the First Responder program (I'm not LEO). Very easy to deal with.

Lon
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Where'd you get that info?

My brother in law owns on non-LE gun shop and he can get the blue label guns. I've bought one. They just order them and then along with the 4473, they photocopy your DL and Police ID and I think they have to fill out a form to confirm it actually goes to a qualified person.

cmoore
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
My knowledge of Glock's retail policies is a bit dated and so am I for that matter. But other than Glock LE Distributors, I think only Glock Stocking Dealers (has specific requirements) or dealers having a higher Glock dealer status can sell Blue Guns. Only Glock LE Distributors can sell to agencies.