PDA

View Full Version : PX4 Compact Carry: regular, CC, long, and full size

boing
08-24-2017, 12:22 PM
I'll be needing an AIWB Wing Claw for a PX4CC. I may pick up a full size gun later, so assuming the CC fits the FS holsters, that might be the way to go. Do the "long" and Compact Carry-specific holsters offer any great advantage over carrying a Compact in the full size holster? Does the Compact Carry version complicate certain changes to the gun, like changing to different control levers?

Tony Mayer
08-25-2017, 01:15 PM
I'll be needing an AIWB Wing Claw for a PX4CC. I may pick up a full size gun later, so assuming the CC fits the FS holsters, that might be the way to go. Do the "long" and Compact Carry-specific holsters offer any great advantage over carrying a Compact in the full size holster? Does the Compact Carry version complicate certain changes to the gun, like changing to different control levers?

boing, the fullsize is very close in length to our long so not a big advantage, but the compact carry has smaller de cockers and slide releases and the compact carry mold reflects that. If you are wanting to carry both, then I would get the fullsize, you won't have to change controls on the fullsize. Thanks

boing
08-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Thanks, Tony. Order placed.

backtrail540
01-25-2018, 02:03 AM
I've got a question in the same vane. I'm going to be ordering a px4 compact carry holster soon. I want a full guard and am not sure that I will stick with the stealth levers or opt for a set with more of a shelf. If I go with the regular px4 compact holster is there enough built in room for say the 92 style levers or is it only molded for the factory levers only? I can't see any other outside differences in the compact carry and the regular compact to make a difference other than the levers but figured I would ask here before ordering.

LOKNLOD
01-25-2018, 08:22 PM
Tony, so your Full-size PX4 holster fits the compact, too? I know some folks holsters don’t due to the slightly different slide contour between the two.

Tony Mayer
01-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Tony, so your Full-size PX4 holster fits the compact, too? I know some folks holsters don’t due to the slightly different slide contour between the two.

LOKNLOD, yes it does!

Tony Mayer
01-29-2018, 06:50 PM
I've got a question in the same vane. I'm going to be ordering a px4 compact carry holster soon. I want a full guard and am not sure that I will stick with the stealth levers or opt for a set with more of a shelf. If I go with the regular px4 compact holster is there enough built in room for say the 92 style levers or is it only molded for the factory levers only? I can't see any other outside differences in the compact carry and the regular compact to make a difference other than the levers but figured I would ask here before ordering.

backtrail540, there enough room built in for the 92 levers, but let me know in the comments and I can make sure. Thanks

Tony Mayer
01-29-2018, 07:10 PM

You do have to adjust the retention a little bit between the 2 guns , I just verified fit of my compact carry and fullsize. Needed to loosen the retention a bit for the compact. Thanks

MountainRaven
03-20-2024, 11:23 PM
LOKNLOD, yes it does!

Apologies for the necro, but do I understand correctly that the, "PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG)" fits the full-size Px4?

I ask because I do not see any options for the full-size Px4.

Thanks!

Noah
03-21-2024, 06:42 AM
Apologies for the necro, but do I understand correctly that the, "PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG)" fits the full-size Px4?

Thanks!

If the PX4 Full has the low profile controls like an LTT PX4 Carry (full size)

Tony Mayer
03-21-2024, 07:19 AM

Thanks!

Yes, it will fit the LTT Carry version (how it's listed). if you have the factory controls you will need to let me know that in the comments. I try and talk people into getting the LTT controls because they are so much better! Especially the de-cockers.....Beretta must have some fisherman on the payroll cause they are like fishhooks!

MountainRaven
03-21-2024, 11:13 AM
Guess I'll have to check what controls come on the Px4 G-SD.

Thanks!

Noah
03-21-2024, 11:18 AM
Guess I'll have to check what controls come on the Px4 G-SD.

Thanks!

A G-SD should fit, or be very close. It comes with the slimmer Carry levers which are way smaller than stock but not as small as the stealth levers.

MountainRaven
03-22-2024, 09:15 PM
I think my confusion on this stems from neither LTT nor Beretta currently listing a, "PX4 Carry," except the Compact Carry and Compact Carry 2.

Noah
03-23-2024, 05:54 AM
I think my confusion on this stems from neither LTT nor Beretta currently listing a, "PX4 Carry," except the Compact Carry and Compact Carry 2.

The G-SD is to the "PX4 Carry" what the Compact Carry 2 is to the Compact Carry!

Tony Mayer
04-03-2024, 02:22 PM

Thanks!
Yes, but if you have the factory controls on your PX4 Full-size, then you need to let me know that. We have the PX4 Carry listed, that's the Fullsize with Langdon de-cockers and slide release. Thanks

MountainRaven
04-03-2024, 11:04 PM
My pistol is the G-SD which, as Noah mentioned, is basically the full-size version of the Compact Carry 2 (and these are just the 2024 models of the Compact Carry and the Carry, apparently). So it has the LTT-designed decocker and the low-profile slide lock.