PDA

View Full Version : Robert Lee Pulled Off Football Game

SamAdams
08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Insanity ? PC to the max ?

Yep.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/msespn-pulls-asian-announcer-named-robert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/

Chance
08-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Some SJW would have pointed it out had they not relocated him. Then the questions they'd have to answer would have been really interesting.

SamAdams
08-23-2017, 01:00 PM
The whole thing is so stupid, you'd think its some kinda spoof. And maybe it is.

But the antifa crowd is so moronic & PC is so common today that this isnt outside of what's possible.
(BTW - The term 'political correctness' came out of the old USSR.)

luckyman
08-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Shame my high school shut down a few years ago due to lack of students. Our school mascot was Robert E Lee's horse Traveller, and our school colors were red and grey. I'd love to see the heads exploding. And I wasn't even really IN the South.

RoyGBiv
08-23-2017, 01:47 PM
I laughed when I first heard it.
After thinking for a while, I called my prepper buddy and made a date with him to visit the LDS store.
Prepper buddy says they sell some good tasting 20-year shelf life prepper food there.

Peally
08-23-2017, 01:59 PM
But the antifa crowd is so moronic & PC is so common today that this isnt outside of what's possible.

History repeats itself. They're the new fascists where we had psychopaths like the USSR in days of old.

NEPAKevin
08-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Fearing Memes, ESPN Re-Assigns Play-By-Play Man Because He Has Same Name As Famous Confederate General (http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/22/fearing-memes-espn-re-assigns-play-by-play-man-because-he-has-same-name-as-famous-confederate-general/)

Gray222
08-23-2017, 02:30 PM
I think he'd have a good ethnic discrimination case.

Peally
08-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Not surprising, ESPN has been quite ahead of the game as far as leftist actions and extremist corporate attitudes. They are as useful MSNBC these days.

Kyle Reese
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM
I think he'd have a good ethnic discrimination case.Yup. I hope that he lawyers up and gets paid.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Coyotesfan97
08-23-2017, 02:54 PM
I think he'd have a good ethnic discrimination case.

This. Those were my thoughts when I heard this craziness.

SamAdams
08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
They have damning evidence

Zincwarrior
08-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Probably for the best. Quite excellent on defense but his offensive ground game always got stuffed, and he had no passing to speak of.:cool:

TAZ
08-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Shame my high school shut down a few years ago due to lack of students. Our school mascot was Robert E Lee's horse Traveller, and our school colors were red and grey. I'd love to see the heads exploding. And I wasn't even really IN the South.

Graduated from R. E. Lee HS. Mascot was Lee on his horse. The Confederate battle flag was seen flying in the stands. My class ring has Lee on one side and the flag on the other. This was in Houston. Tons of minority students. Not a triggered soul. Go figure. HISD did cave and change the name in 2000 or so and again later to minimize triggering.

richiecotite
08-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Graduated from R. E. Lee HS. Mascot was Lee on his horse. The Confederate battle flag was seen flying in the stands. My class ring has Lee on one side and the flag on the other. This was in Houston. Tons of minority students. Not a triggered soul. Go figure. HISD did cave and change the name in 2000 or so and again later to minimize triggering.

And how many of those 'minority' students did you ask about how they felt about going to a school named after a confederate general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamAdams
08-23-2017, 06:24 PM
And how many of those 'minority' students did you ask about how they felt about going to a school named after a confederate general?

If they were like most students - black, white, green, or purple - subjected to being dumbed down in 'schools', they likely didn't know a damned thing about history or much else.

Peally
08-23-2017, 06:55 PM

High school students? Easily 100% chance of them not giving a shit.

SamAdams
08-23-2017, 06:56 PM
High school students? Easily 100% chance of them not giving a shit.

That's probably true

LOKNLOD
08-23-2017, 06:57 PM
So, what's the over/under on this thread getting closed?

I'd say it's somewhere between Beretta Silver Pigeon and Browning Citori Gran Lighting.

ranger
08-23-2017, 07:36 PM
I am old enough to remember when MTV played music videos and ESPN was a sport channel.

RJ
08-23-2017, 07:40 PM
I actually went to high school at Robert E Lee High in Fairfax County.

I'm betting it gets renamed at some point.

I think we've really gone round the bend in the country sometimes.

Totem Polar
08-23-2017, 08:50 PM
I think we've really gone round the bend in the country sometimes.

Hey Rich_Jenkins, if you're a night owl and want to shake off the antifa/antibellum/antacid/whatever blues, why don't you come shoot a Gen 5 with me at midnight this Friday? :D

JM Campbell
08-23-2017, 08:52 PM
Hey Rich_Jenkins, if you're a night owl and want to shake off the antifa/antibellum/antacid/whatever blues, why don't you come shoot a Gen 5 with me at midnight this Friday? :D

Do it!

RJ
08-23-2017, 09:19 PM

What the heck.

Where? How much? :)

Totem Polar
08-23-2017, 09:57 PM
What the heck.

Where? How much? :)

Free, I think.

TAZ
08-23-2017, 09:59 PM

I must admit that I didnt poll every black student there, but the friends I had thought it was funny and incredibly ironic. Granted I only had contact with either the geeky or athletic minority students so I may have missed a group that was actually butthurt. Fortunately, I am old enough to not have gone to school with the thin skinned, everyone gets a trophy generation so Im going to go with my original assessment of not being around triggered snowflakes. I know its different now days, but we were all there to get an education and spent the majority of our effort on understanding the curriculum and making sure we were ready for the game on Friday.

Totem Polar
08-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Rich_Jenkins Details (free range time, $10 to shoot the fabled grooveless G):

RJ
08-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Rich_Jenkins Details (free range time, $10 to shoot the fabled grooveless G):

Hah sounds like fun but wayyyyyy past my bedtime. :cool:

ETA but if they repeat this this weekend in daylight for retired geezers, I'd be interested. :)

fixer
08-24-2017, 06:10 AM
This news is almost unreadable because it is seriously written like The Onion.

When you go back to Bob Costas anti-2nd amendment screeds; the stupid NFL anthem protests; and never ending stream of felonious activity, I start to wonder why I even give a crap about pro sports and even college sports.

I have some cherished sports allegiances and a young son that I look forward to sharing them with but I'm not sure that will be even possible.

Hambo
08-24-2017, 06:27 AM
So, what's the over/under on this thread getting closed?

I'd say it's equal to MRBF of a Hi-Point.