PDA

View Full Version : Week 230: AMRAP With Reload

Mr_White
08-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Week 230: AMRAP With Reload

Results may be posted until September 18th, 2017.

Designed by: joshs
Range: 7 yards
Target: 8" circle
Start Position: Holstered
Rounds Fired: Varies

First, establish a baseline. Time yourself to draw, fire one round, reload, and fire two more rounds (1-reload-2) all on an 8" circle at seven yards. For the AMRAP par time, round up to the next highest half second. So e.g. if you scored 3.01 seconds for your 1-reload-2, your par for this drill will be 3.5 seconds.

Next, using that par time, draw, reload, then hit the target as many times as you can in the allotted time. After each run, check the target and the timer to make sure you know how many actual hits you scored within the time limit.

Starting position is holstered. Whether you use an open holster, retention holster, or concealed holster is up to you. Just be consistent and start the same way each time. If you cannot draw from a holster at your range, simply indicate what starting position you used.

You may perform any type of reload you wish. Just remain consistent and use the same type of reload each time. For discussion's sake, please identify your reload as one of the following:

- slidelock / empty gun
- in battery / aka IPSC-style speed reload where the gun remains in fireable condition and live ammunition is dropped on the ground
- magazine retention / aka any type of "tactical" reload where the magazine or remaining ammunition is pocketed rather than dropped on the ground

You'll repeat the drill a total of ten times. With each repetition, try to push yourself a little bit harder to make just one more hit.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Starting position (open, concealed, or retention)
Type of reload performed
Number of shots fired and number of hits for each rep

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Xhado
08-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Starting position concealed AIWB
Type of reload performed: I intended to do slide lock reloads, but unless I compromise my grip It's very erratic on whether or not I get slide lock. If no slide lock was obtained, a new mag was inserted and the slide was racked. I am very inconsistent at this, too much hesitation which is why my numbers were all over the chart.
Number of shots fired and number of hits for each rep: first was 4.82 (No slide lock)

1, 3, 1, 5 (Slide Lock), 2, 3, 2, 5 (Slide Lock), 4 (Slide Lock), 4/5 (Slide Lock)

http://i.imgur.com/KMK3HUhh.jpg (http://imgur.com/KMK3HUh)

bigslim
08-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Starting position: PX4CC, JMCK Wing Claw 2.0, Concealed
Type of reload performed: Slide lock

Mike

bigslim
09-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Starting position: PX4CC, JMCK Wing Claw 2.0, Concealed
Type of reload performed: Slide lock

Mike

bigslim
09-08-2017, 01:00 PM