PDA

View Full Version : Swenson Glock slide

richiecotite
08-18-2017, 12:40 AM
Had an extra glock lower I was planning on building up, and found the Swenson Glock slide on midway for an attractive price, so I ordered the slide and a glock upper parts kit.

Upper parts kit went together as it should, barrel and recoil spring fit as well and I finally got a chance to shoot about 340 rounds of WWB to try it. Early on I had the slide lock back on loaded mag before I figured out it was the extended slide lock being bumped by my finger. Fixed that and the slide lock problem went away. Accuracy seemed on par with my usual 25 yard groups with other guns (new glock shooter, and was hitting a few inches left)

All in all, it seems like a decent part, though it's obviously too tell. Seems like there have been tons of those polymer 80 lowers going around, and people looking for glock uppers, so it makes sense someone would produce a relatively cheap slide.

Anyone else tried one out?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018848854/swenson-slide-glock-17-gen-3-stainless-steel-melonite

Prepper_Pig
09-01-2017, 10:37 AM
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Couldnt have come at a better time since I just bought a Polymer80 lower. You cant beat the value esp since theyre on sale right now for $159 and even cheaper with a coupon... I dont know if I'll have an issue with it or not since I havent finished the work on my frame but the Swenson barrel I got to go with it locks up super tight in the slide. Like I put the barrel in the stripped frame, turned the slide right side up (with no recoil spring assembly), and the barrel stayed fixed. I even shook it and it wouldnt come out. I had to push on the chamber to get it to dislodge so I may have to do a little polishing/fitting on the barrel.