PDA

View Full Version : Surplus Beretta M9 Slide

KG
08-10-2017, 11:15 AM
I picked up a very inexpensive "surplus" M9 slide, slapped a few extra parts on it, stuck it on my 92G frame, and really enjoy shooting it. Definitely has the smooth, worn-in feel to it.

Was hoping to find "E.L. was here, 1991" engraved inside, but no such luck.

How do these slides go from U.S. inventory to the civilian market? Mine is worn, but I can't find any cracks or defects.

5pins
08-10-2017, 11:34 AM
I picked up a very inexpensive "surplus" M9 slide, slapped a few extra parts on it, stuck it on my 92G frame, and really enjoy shooting it. Definitely has the smooth, worn-in feel to it.

Was hoping to find "E.L. was here, 1991" engraved inside, but no such luck.

How do these slides go from U.S. inventory to the civilian market? Mine is worn, but I can't find any cracks or defects.

They're stolen most likely. Even "surplus" parts are not supposed to be sold.

KG
08-11-2017, 07:28 AM
They're stolen most likely. Even "surplus" parts are not supposed to be sold.

Thanks. I obviously don't want it if that's the case. Seems like there has to be some legitimate way for M9 parts to get to the civilian market. I've seen batches of slides and other parts available at times. I even got a hammer from CDNN once that had an M9 style assembly number on it.

5pins
08-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Here is some info you may find interesting.

http://militaryarms.blogspot.com/2012/05/civilian-m9-pistol.html

GardoneVT
08-11-2017, 08:28 AM

Some cross checking of the article may be in order; my "counterfeit" M9 Commercial has an M9-prefix serial .
Fun fact; sometimes the folks in Ackokeek MD swapped frames and parts between the M9s and 92FS variants, so there's Inox pistols with M9 frames and M9 commercials with beavertail radiusing and thicker dust covers.

5pins
08-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Some cross checking of the article may be in order; my "counterfeit" M9 Commercial has an M9-prefix serial .
Fun fact; sometimes the folks in Ackokeek MD swapped frames and parts between the M9s and 92FS variants, so there's Inox pistols with M9 frames and M9 commercials with beavertail radiusing and thicker dust covers.

So does mine.

KG
08-11-2017, 03:19 PM

Thanks. Enjoyed reading that.

I got a little more information regarding my slide. I do not have one of the commercial slides. Mine has "ASSY 9346442-65490" on the right side. I also have a "B" stamped under the forward left part of the slide and a FS safety cutout that is unfinished, or in-the-white. So, "ASSY 9346442-65490" apparently means that my slide was one of the very early M9 slides that was cut for an F style hammer pin. The "B" stamp and in-the-white FS cut means that it was remilled at some point for the larger FS hammer pin. I also learned that some or all of the slides and parts kits originally made for F style M9s may have been available to the public at some point. That is why parts kits from CDNN and other similar sources have M9 assembly numbers on the hammers and F style hammer pins.

None of this has been 100% verified yet and I am hoping someone from Beretta will get back to me with some good info. Both of the customer service reps I spoke with today were friendly but unable to help. I hope someone on the forum here can shed some more light on this.