PDA

View Full Version : M9a3

breakingtime91
08-08-2017, 03:14 PM
How are these shaking out? I have small hands and these look like the ticket for a DA/SA vacation after my glock venture.

Jared
08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
How are these shaking out? I have small hands and these look like the ticket for a DA/SA vacation after my glock venture.

I want on really bad, once supply and demand equal out.

Still, all it really is is a glorified Vertec. The trigger reach may be a tiny bit better than a standard 92 with the scalloped frame, but not much, and I can't say I really notice it. Most Beretta shooters prefer the regular frame, myself included, and I don't have hands that are all that large. I think the hot ticket is a M9A1 with ultra thin grips.

psalms144.1
08-08-2017, 06:14 PM
They look like great pistols, but spendy. I've always loved Beretta DA triggers, and, a big 5" all metal 9mm is going to be a dream to shoot, no doubt.

I'd be willing to bet, based on Mr. Langdon's drop testing video, they're as "safe" as anything you could wish for. Of course, the means you're likely to mishandle it, if I understand Cohen logic correctly.

breakingtime91
08-08-2017, 06:21 PM
They look like great pistols, but spendy. I've always loved Beretta DA triggers, and, a big 5" all metal 9mm is going to be a dream to shoot, no doubt.

I'd be willing to bet, based on Mr. Langdon's drop testing video, they're as "safe" as anything you could wish for. Of course, the means you're likely to mishandle it, if I understand Cohen logic correctly.

Ya, I think I am going to avoid Cohen and his company for awhile. I really enjoy shooting glocks and the simplicity of having two-three glocks but berettas are my passion

Bigghoss
08-08-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm not crazy about the Vertec frame but I still want one because #PizzaGunAddiction (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=PizzaGunAddiction) . I just don't want one more than I want $1000.

MSparks909
08-08-2017, 06:51 PM
I've got one that's setup as my nightstand pistol. Have about 500 rounds through it with no issues; it's just not a high volume shooter for me. It wears a TLR-1HL 24/7/365. I did just pick up another A3 from a forum member...should be here by the weekend. That one is going to get a few things changed...I'm taking the factory sights off and will be swapping in a Wilson U-Notch rear, red fiber optic front, a 14# hammer spring, Elite hammer (aesthetics) and a Wilson fluted guide rod. This is going to be "my" version of the ultimate 92, at least until the LTT one comes out. I like the tan color, the threaded barrel is a big bonus (ordering a suppressor soon), and the wraparound grips fit me pretty well. I don't like the Vertec frame or any ultrathin grips. I've got a JMCK George waiting on it and once it's in I'm gonna start putting some rounds through it. Will probably carry it some this fall and winter when the weather cools off.

WobblyPossum
08-08-2017, 09:13 PM
I purchased one at the beginning of the year and found I prefer the standard commercial frame with thin grip panels to the Vertec frame. I recently sold mine and will likely use the money to buy the upcoming LTT 92. If you like the Vertec frame or are okay with using the rubber grips that mimic the standard frame with standard thicker grips, then it's a great gun. I don't have any suppressors yet so I never got any use out of the threaded barrel though. For my needs, an M9A1 with Wilson ultra thin grips would probably have been a better purchase. I'm waiting to see the LTT 92 to decide.

I did actually end up loving the PX4CC so much more than the M9A3 that the PX4 was the reason I put less than 300 rounds through the M9A3. I found the PX4CC easier to shoot and it was in the size envelope I prefer (G19 sized guns).

Lon
08-08-2017, 10:08 PM
I had a vertec and a couple regular frame 92's a various flavors. I have smedium size (between S & M) hands. For me the perfect combination was a regular frame with Vertec grips and a Wilson Beretta short reach trigger. Felt a lot like a 1911 with an arched mainspring housing.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
08-09-2017, 06:30 AM
In my experience as somebody with little girl hands (thanks dad), the only real appreciable difference I notice between pistols that helps me get a good fit on the trigger is trigger reach. A shortened frame which barely reduces trigger reach (maybe .15" if you are lucky) doesn't really make a meaningful difference for me. From the measurements I have seen posted in another thread here, the trigger reach is still too far in DA for me to feel like I am getting proper hand positioning on the frame AND proper trigger placement with the index finger.

As much as I love the concept of a DA/SA pistol, I don't know that I will be buying anymore in this configuration due to the grip issues I tend to have with everything. The closest thing I have found to alleviate this problem is P30L V3, which for me feels like it fits about as well as any pistol could be expected for somebody in my position. I have not found much of a problem with DA pull in use, when using the trigger as Ernest Langdon teaches.

Firstly, I also have a H&K USP right now for comparison... which has virtually the same trigger reach with both pistols decocked after taking up a slight bit of light takeup before compressing hammer spring with trigger pull. The difference I seem to really notice is the orientation of the hand/wrist on the P30L is forced into a more downward angled position. With the flat backstrap on the USP things get problematic, a similar result which is shared by the USP Compact despite and even shorter/narrower frame.

breakingtime91
08-09-2017, 08:54 AM
In my experience as somebody with little girl hands (thanks dad), the only real appreciable difference I notice between pistols that helps me get a good fit on the trigger is trigger reach. A shortened frame which barely reduces trigger reach (maybe .15" if you are lucky) doesn't really make a meaningful difference for me. From the measurements I have seen posted in another thread here, the trigger reach is still too far in DA for me to feel like I am getting proper hand positioning on the frame AND proper trigger placement with the index finger.

As much as I love the concept of a DA/SA pistol, I don't know that I will be buying anymore in this configuration due to the grip issues I tend to have with everything. The closest thing I have found to alleviate this problem is P30L V3, which for me feels like it fits about as well as any pistol could be expected for somebody in my position. I have not found much of a problem with DA pull in use, when using the trigger as Ernest Langdon teaches.

Firstly, I also have a H&K USP right now for comparison... which has virtually the same trigger reach with both pistols decocked after taking up a slight bit of light takeup before compressing hammer spring with trigger pull. The difference I seem to really notice is the orientation of the hand/wrist on the P30L is forced into a more downward angled position. With the flat backstrap on the USP things get problematic, a similar result which is shared by the USP Compact despite and even shorter/narrower frame.

I have trump hands also. I think that was one of my main issues with LEM, simply couldn't run the trigger because my little hands and short fingers.

JTQ
08-09-2017, 09:08 AM
From the measurements I have seen posted in another thread here, the trigger reach is still too far in DA for me to feel like I am getting proper hand positioning on the frame AND proper trigger placement with the index finger.
It still may not fit, but if you haven't handled a Vertec framed Beretta, and just looked at the numbers, compared to a regular framed M9/92, the Vertec is a big difference in "feel".

OnionsAndDragons
08-09-2017, 12:34 PM
I like the Vertec grip a bit better than the standard 92 grip, with the caveat that I have not tried every combo of panels that exists now.

I would say that if you prefer a more 1911ish grip angle, and are comfortable with the grip of a 1911 sporting medium to thicker stocks than the Vertec is probably a good fit for you.

I've been looking at these since I got to handle Ernest's Vertec a few years ago. I want one, but I'll wait for black thanks. :)

rauchman
08-09-2017, 03:43 PM
I have a 92FS (rather my wife has that pistol) and an Inox Vertec, both with D spring, steel triggers and Elite hammer. The hump on the backstrap of the 92FS gives me better control of the pistol while squeezing the trigger. With the Vertec, I'm much more conscious of trying to control lateral movement during the trigger pull.