PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had spent some time with the SIG 320 X-five?

YVK
08-06-2017, 07:41 PM
I am kicking around the idea of shooting some carry optics towards the end of this year. I've been curious about this gun. Seems like a good set of specs etc. Reading the reports, it appears that trigger remains to be desired and a simple test of removing and reinstalling the slide is apparently a special skill to be learned. But, otherwise, people seem to like it.

Anybody has anything that they can share about this gun?

I do understand that the Walther PPQ Q5 is a ready-to-go option for CO but it's GJM gun. When he shoots Glocks, I shoot HKs. When he shoots CZs, I shoot Tanfos. Etc. I must maintain the checks and balances thing.

Cory
08-07-2017, 10:10 AM
My understanding is that the magazines don't fit in the gauge. Sig advertises that they are competition ready, but they actually aren't. Check doodie about it.

Other than seeing someone use one in steel challenge, and handling one in a gun store I have little experience with them.

-Cory

Clusterfrack
08-07-2017, 11:18 AM
I like the X5. If I didn't already have two 320f all modded out for USPSA Production, I'd get a couple.

Some of the X5 big sticks are slightly too long. You can fix this easily with some sandpaper.

willie
08-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Looking at the picture, I think that the sights sit a tad too high. Without the enhanced undercut on the grip, this set-up might be perceiced as too high. When handling regular models, I formed the opinion that the bore is a tad high above the hand when gripped. I rolled tin cans with 3 different XDs over the years and noticed the same thing. For my purposes they all suffice if they will shoot without malfunction. Many here have a diferent set of requirements so you might my take my comments with a grain of salt.

banzaijohn
08-08-2017, 07:26 PM
I just mounted a Trijicon RMR to my X5 and it does sit slightly higher compared to other RMR equipped guns I have (G17, G19, FNP, and a Walther PPQ Q5). However, I am able to pick up the red dot faster on the X5. I don't shoot these in competition, at this point I am just playing with the red dots on my pistols (mainly because my vision is deteriorating as I age in my 50's). The only thing I can account for speed difference is the lack of a rear sight on the X5... on every other gun I instinctively sight through the irons first and then find the red dot.

I dislike the trigger on the X5, I've used staple guns that had better triggers. The Gray Guns PELT Kit made a marked improvement, but it is still nothing to write home about. It improves as I shoot it more, I only have a few thousand rounds through it.

Wobblie
08-09-2017, 07:14 AM
A friend has a Gray Guns-triggered X-5 and a Walther Q5, both with RMR sights. He graciously allowed me to shoot both. I much prefer the Q5. Even with the modified trigger, the 320 was more difficult for me to shoot well.