PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so I got this here LaserLyte thingy....

NETim
01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
My in-chamber LaserLyte doohickey showed up yesterday. (Their electronic target is still on the way.)

I am concerned that dryfiring agin' a bare wall with this thing will induce bad habits (or in my case, reinforce bad habits) by causing yours truly to overlook that bumpy thing on the muzzle and watch the dot. I'm told that focusing on the bumpy thing up front there is fairly critical to accuracy. :)

I am striving to improve my speed and drop the hammer at the end of the draw stroke with accuracy.

What are good drills or exercises with the LaserLyte?

Thanks!

cracker
03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
are you sure your laser doohicky thing a mabob is not activated by the firing pin and only giving off a flash of light. This way you can aim at a spot on the wall and pull the trigger, when the pin falls you will get a breief dot on the wall to tell you where you bullet would have hit. If its a bore site type of thing and is on all the time I would have no idea how to practice with it. Good luck

bdcheung
03-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I thought the cartridge only activates once the firing pin/striker/whatever makes contact?

NETim
03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
It emits a brief red dot as designed. I'm finding that I can still pick up the red dot on the wall while maintaining focus on the sight. I don't think I'm instilling any particularly bad habits with this doohickey.

I was worried about nothing it appears.