PDA

View Full Version : Week 227: AMRAP 3x5 from Ready

Mr_White
07-28-2017, 11:15 AM
Week 227: AMRAP 3x5 from Ready

Results may be posted until August 28th, 2017.

Designed by: Todd Louis Green
Range: 7 yards
Target: 3x5 card
Start Position: Ready Position
Rounds Fired: Varies

This is another AMRAP drill. "AMRAP" means As Many Rounds As Possible.

Set your shot timer to a PAR of 2 seconds (or use a turning target system measured at 2 seconds of face time). On the buzzer, fire as many rounds into the 3x5 card as you can in the allotted time. If using a timer, check to make sure not to count any shots that were fired late.

Starting position will be any ready position of your choosing that does not involve the muzzle pointing at the target or target backer.

You'll repeat the drill a total of five times. With each repetition, try to push yourself a little bit harder to make just one more hit.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:
Choice of ready position
Number of shots fired and number of hits for each rep

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Xhado
08-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Vertical or horizontal?

Xhado
08-05-2017, 03:57 PM
High compressed ready, muzzle up.

2/3 1/2 1/2 3/3 3/3

http://i.imgur.com/vhadLkdh.jpg (http://imgur.com/vhadLkd)

bigslim
08-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Choice of ready position: High compressed ready, muzzle up

Number of shots fired and number of hits for each rep
2/1, 2/1, 2/0, 2/2, 3/2

Mike

bigslim
08-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Choice of ready position: High compressed ready, muzzle up

Mike

scw2
08-28-2017, 11:08 PM
Catching up on posts. Shot for first time in quite some time on August 5. Shot from low ready with the G19. After about 1-1.5 hrs shooting steel, switched to drills, this being the very first one. Coming from such relatively large targets was no good, especially on time pressure. Tons of shots low resulting in very inconsistent results. Gave up after ~15 runs. Many times went 2 for 3, slowed down and was able to get 2 for 2, which was the best clean run of the day for me.

scw2
08-28-2017, 11:12 PM
From August 19, shot my G19 at indoor range. Pretty dim with my tinted glasses, so it was like shooting black irons in a poorly lit range.

Overall still plagued by low hits, as can be seen on the target.

Shot 1/2, 1/3, 1/2, 2/2, 1/2, 1/2, 2/2, 2/2, 1/2, 2/3 an 3/3. I really focused on the last few runs and improved over the first half, but still had a few flyers or low shots. At least I was able to call most of them. The weird thing was I was also getting more dialed in from the low ready, with initial hits well over 1 second to the last run which was in the 0.7X range. Led to that run being done in 1.38 seconds, which meant I probably could have shot 1-2 more shots in the par time but I was so used to a slow first shot from the beginning of the drill I had conditioned myself to stop after my 3rd round fired.