PDA

View Full Version : If you need a reason not to use Alien Gear............

Trooper224
07-27-2017, 07:09 PM
You don't, because the product is complete shite, but here's one if you need it.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/alien-gear-holsters-police-shooting/

SeriousStudent
07-27-2017, 07:40 PM
So you have a human bullet sponge whose bloodstream is filled with PCP, aka horse tranquilizer. And the oblivious holster maker has probably never had to "rassle" with someone in that state. They will not stop.

Just peachy. And their holsters suck anyway.

hufnagel
07-28-2017, 07:02 AM
The CEO has made a statement

Earlier today an employee made a post asking if it was ever ok for a police officer to shoot someone 45 times.

I am very sorry to all those offended by our post. Furthermore, I am sorry for the non-apology that was issued shortly thereafter.

I haven't seen the video and have no opinion on the matter. It was one employee’s opinion framed as a rhetorical question and is not an opinion shared by me or this company. She is new here and it's my fault that we didn't spend more time training her on the difference between her opinions and those of our company.

Thomas Tedder, CEO

I'll find the source later, but check their facebook page for it, I think it was there.

As I've said before guys, before you light the torches and get the forks, let all the information come out.

also, I hope said person is now a FORMER employee.

scw2
07-28-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm pretty sure the video was the same as what was discussed by several LE members here (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?17142-LE-UOF-Video-thread&p=628835&viewfull=1#post628835), where they criticized multiple things that looked terribly wrong in the whole incident, starting from how the pursuit was conducted, to how many times the suspect was shot after he looked down and out, to the fact that citizens were downrange of where the bullets were flying. Not a LE expert myself, but based on their discussion, it sure seemed like a cluster and a highly unprofessional and unsafe way to conduct police work.

Peally
07-28-2017, 08:47 AM
“A reasonable and prudent person follows a police officer’s orders; Angry people sometimes show reluctance, but is it ever okay to shoot someone 45 times?”

To answer Alien Gear's question: yes you dipshits, yes it is. Sometimes we use autocannons too, just to grind them into dust.

hufnagel
07-28-2017, 08:52 AM
https://www.facebook.com/AlienGearHolsters/photos/a.135322466664409.1073741829.135317173331605/691035127759804/?type=3

It seems plausible that a snowflake got hired there and went off the reservation.

Duces Tecum
07-28-2017, 10:12 AM
The CEO has made a statement.

Earlier today an employee made a post asking if it was ever ok for a police officer to shoot someone 45 times.

I am very sorry to all those offended by our post. Furthermore, I am sorry for the non-apology that was issued shortly thereafter.

I haven't seen the video and have no opinion on the matter. It was one employee’s opinion framed as a rhetorical question and is not an opinion shared by me or this company. She is new here and it's my fault that we didn't spend more time training her on the difference between her opinions and those of our company.

Thomas Tedder, CEO

Tell me again , Tommy. Where does the buck stop?

LittleLebowski
07-28-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't expect that this cost them any sales with PF members since I doubt anyone here would use that junk.

RJ
07-28-2017, 10:28 AM
I got good advice here on p-f to avoid purchasing an AG holster earlier this year.

Not to bash on their products, but elsewhere when I see AG discussed, it seems to be associated with those newer to shooting.

The fact a special snowflake was allowed to speak on behalf of the company on social media also does not reflect well on the CEO's understanding of the concept of brand management.

Added to this, the at best ill informed personal opinion by said special snowflake pretty much terminates any positive sense I might have of Alien Gear and/or their current or future products,

Bobcat
07-28-2017, 11:13 AM
I did buy two of their holsters while ago. One of the backings cracked. Still useable but weakened. Also one of the clips bent. And they only made shells for the k frame S&W 2" and 5" not the 4" I wanted to carry. They did say if I ruined the 5" she'll they would replace it. Still have the two holsters. Never use them.

blues
07-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Alien Gear? Trump'll probably have ICE deport them anyway. I wouldn't concern myself too much. ;)

NEPAKevin
07-28-2017, 11:55 AM
To answer Alien Gear's question: yes you dipshits, yes it is. Sometimes we use autocannons too, just to grind them into dust.

I shall defer to the logic of Sheriff Grady Judd (http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/10/01/florida-police-shot-suspected-cop-killer-68-times.html) of Polk Co. Florida in responding to inquiries regarding an OIS in 2006: (emphasis added)

"You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured another deputy," Judd said by phone Saturday. "Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

Ten SWAT officers surrounded Freeland on Friday as he hid beneath brush and a fallen tree in a rural area. Authorities say he raised the gun belonging to the deputy he had killed, prompting nine officers to fire.

"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said. "We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdIF-3dm9Ss

GardoneVT
07-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Two thoughts on this ;

One-why would an otherwise normal person assume a violent person on PCP can be stopped without using deadly force? The answer is clear ; her lethal force education comes from Hollywood.
Snowflake though she may be, her attitude represents a troubling failure of education we cannot allow to stand. She may sit on a lethal force grand jury someday,and don't think for moment her attitude is an outlier.

Incidents like this are why police citizen academies & social media awareness are critical,especially in these entitled times. People who've had to approach a stopped car with tinted windows in the dark tend to have an educated perspective an episode of Law and Order can't really impart. Larger PDs should try to integrate their citizens academy with a large college; and yes I realize this means crossing some idalogical boundaries, but the kids of today will be the jurors,attorneys and mayors of tomorrow. Doing nothing means the ignorance wins.

Two; companies make PR mistakes. It happens. I seriously doubt the CEO is monitoring every social media post the firm makes,and I'd have serious doubts about their management strategy if they felt the need to. Punishing the firm for a misguided communication by one employee is not fair to the organization , quality of the product aside. If we boycotted every company that makes a mistake there'd be no commerce or economy.

Peally
07-28-2017, 12:46 PM
I shall defer to the logic of Sheriff Grady Judd (http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/10/01/florida-police-shot-suspected-cop-killer-68-times.html) of Polk Co. Florida in responding to inquiries regarding an OIS in 2006: (emphasis added)

My only regret is SWAT didn't have to resort to chainsaws in that one.

Kyle Reese
07-31-2017, 12:51 PM
You don't, because the product is complete shite, but here's one if you need it.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/alien-gear-holsters-police-shooting/

Aside from them being purveyors of lousy holsters? [emoji41]

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Coyotesfan97
07-31-2017, 02:26 PM
I didn't need a reason prior to this. This just adds another check.

Chance
07-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Provided asinine comments on social media are corrected promptly, I don't pay much attention to them. Most of the people you're going to hire to put in charge of social media are going to be young and probably not thoroughly indoctrinated on the company line.

An employee did something stupid, the CEO took responsibility and apologized... moving on.