PDA

View Full Version : The myth of the lone gunman: Working with family, friends and significant others.

Shellback
01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
There's some very valuable information in this presentation. Some of it you may already have knowledge of and are currently applying and some others you may want to incorporate into your daily routine or emergency plan. Please discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsPKGD4nN4

HeadHunter
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
But don't look at Slide 32.

Al T.
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I watched that. Excellent presentation!

Shellback
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I watched that. Excellent presentation!

Cool, I'm glad you got something out of it. I watched the whole thing and it definitely refreshed a few topics for me. I think it's a good "primer" for individuals in your life who aren't as aware or knowledgeable about the topic.

Al T.
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
But don't look at Slide 32.

I'm just SWAGing here, but was that the one where a can of OC or a .22 beats a .45 in the safe? :D

SmokeJumper
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Good refresher for communication and situational awareness.

HeadHunter
01-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm just SWAGing here, but was that the one where a can of OC or a .22 beats a .45 in the safe? :D

Yes.

jlw
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
It is important to note that the presentation takes into account that people will be operating with people they know and with whom they have established a basis for communication and trust and who also have some means of predicting how people within their circle will react under stress. Training in team tactics is valid for such groups of people. Unfortunately, too many fly by night "training" outfits trying to present an air of "high speed" will take a group of complete strangers and sent them into clear buildings like a SWAT team.

HeadHunter
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
This was my presentation at the Rangemaster Tactical and GeorgiaCarry Annual Conferences last year (2011).

While my topic will be the same this year at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference Feb 24-26 in Memphis, I won't be repeating last year's presentation. Being the anecdotally oriented person that I am, I will be taking a more case study, literature survey, and practical example approach. The theoretical framework might be useful for those who didn't attend last year's presentation

apollo11
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Good stuff, my wife and I just went through the slides. Good refresher, and reassessment of what we are doing now and what small changes we might want to make in the future.

Thanks for posting/presenting this.

Shellback
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
This was my presentation at the Rangemaster Tactical and GeorgiaCarry Annual Conferences last year (2011).

While my topic will be the same this year at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference Feb 24-26 in Memphis, I won't be repeating last year's presentation. Being the anecdotally oriented person that I am, I will be taking a more case study, literature survey, and practical example approach. The theoretical framework might be useful for those who didn't attend last year's presentation

After your new presentation has been completed would you mind posting it for the benefit of the membership here? I would appreciate it and I'm sure many others here would as well. Always good to keep the gears spinning. Thanks!

Tamara
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I need to get my roommate to go to gun school with me. (And to stop carrying that little Colt Pony .380, which is better than a handful of nothing, but just barely.)

NETim
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see Bobbi get to a gun school too. It would be good for her in more ways than one.

HeadHunter
03-08-2012, 05:31 AM
After your new presentation has been completed would you mind posting it for the benefit of the membership here? I would appreciate it and I'm sure many others here would as well. Always good to keep the gears spinning. Thanks!

I decided to not create a PowerPoint this year, which turned out to be a good decision because of logistics at the Conference.

Here's my latest article on Personal Defense Network, though.

Defensive training and practice typically involve one person alone against single or multiple assailants. But most of our lives, we are with other people. The difference between training/practicing alone and working with others leaves a significant hole in our capabilities until we practice to fill that void.
http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/articles/tactics-defensive-issues/protecting-your-family/

Shellback
03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Another great article, thank you!

jthhapkido
03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I decided to not create a PowerPoint this year, which turned out to be a good decision because of logistics at the Conference.

Here's my latest article on Personal Defense Network, though.

http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/articles/tactics-defensive-issues/protecting-your-family/

Excellent, thought-provoking article. Thanks for putting the time into it, and making me think!

HeadHunter
03-11-2012, 04:17 PM
You're welcome.