PDA

View Full Version : HK/Benelli M1 Super 90. Shorter stock?

Eli
07-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Does such a thing exist?

I have a shotgun class coming up with Tom Givens in September. I kinda want to do the class with my M1, but the stock on it just sucks. Is there a "plug and play" option for a shorter LOP stock?

Peally
07-19-2017, 07:55 AM
I can't tell you if they're amazing to use or not but they are out there in a few flavors. I've been too lazy to try one and just stick with the 3 mile long factory stock.

https://mesatactical.com/products/urbino-pistol-grip-stock-for-ben-m1m2-standard-butt-12-ga-black/

fatdog
07-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Before the Mesa versions came out, I cut mine down with a bandsaw, used marine epoxy to build up a pair of anchor points for the buttstock screws, then trimmed the butt plate to fit. It works. You can get to just over 13" LOP, the limiting factor is the end of the recoil assembly inside.

JR1572
07-19-2017, 01:43 PM
If there was a way to put a t1 or rmr on my M1S90 I'd get the Mesa stock. My SBS 870 would also get kicked out of my unit and replaced with the M1S90.

JR1572

GJM
07-19-2017, 01:51 PM
M2 makes a lot of sense between the Comfortech stock options, and being drilled for a pic/or the excellent Scalarworks T1/2 mount.

Eli
07-20-2017, 12:26 PM
M2 makes a lot of sense between the Comfortech stock options, and being drilled for a pic/or the excellent Scalarworks T1/2 mount.

I agree completely...

The M1 Super 90 however, is the first gun that my dad ever bought me (he was't/isn't a gun guy, but it's still an awesome gun). I've had it for almost 20 years at this point. I don't shoot it very often, but with the Givens class coming up, thought it might be neat to make it a little more user friendly.

If I buy a NEW shotgun, it'll be a 1301.

Chuck Whitlock
07-24-2017, 12:13 PM
I can't tell you if they're amazing to use or not but they are out there in a few flavors. I've been too lazy to try one and just stick with the 3 mile long factory stock.

https://mesatactical.com/products/urbino-pistol-grip-stock-for-ben-m1m2-standard-butt-12-ga-black/

I have the Urbino stock on my M1S90 and love it. I've got a barrel chest and T-rex arms, so it is practically a necessity. The rubber pistol grip on the Mesa is quite square on the back, but can be replaced with the one from the Benelli pistol grip stock. The QD sling mount is nice as well, if you want your sling receiver mounted.