PDA

View Full Version : New EDC arrived

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Chris James of Combat Precision Technologies just returned my G17 after giving it a make over. The best feeling Glock I've ever held. The grip was shaped and contoured like it was custom fit my hand. For a 1911 guy, he is doing phenomenal work on transforming Glocks into his signature "G-Wagon" package.

Far be it from me to say anyone "needs" this kind of work on a Glock. But if that is your thing (spending a bunch of money you'll never recoup if you sell your gun), his work is top shelf. I have had a variety of Boresight Solutions and ROBAR Glocks over the years, and they are legit. But this CPT G-Wagon 17 is my personal favorite. It's not better than he others I just mentioned; they do great work as well; this one just feels like it was built exactly for me, exactly the way I wanted it, without knowing that's how I wanted it.

I'd post pics but it's late and I'm fucking lazy tonight.

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2017, 10:42 PM
PF.con doesn't want to let me upload pics tonight....... even though I decided to not be a lazy ass, I'm reverting back I that status. 18121

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2017, 10:44 PM
His new sights are legit. Similar to Scott Warren's design, he uses two set screws, and the rear notch is what ive cone to prefer in my sight picture.

Ok, I give up....... maybe more pics tomorrow. 18124

ffhounddog
07-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Looks sexy, and Raven has Glock 17 holsters on clearance if you so desire. I am a lazy ass myself, it's 0646 and I skipped my morning PT for 45 mins more of sleep.

Normally it's PT M-Sunday at 0445 then Saturday and Sunday I add 5 miles runs in the late evening.

Now my new job I won't be traveling as much to far off lands, staying in steamy Kuwait instead of steamy Jordan, Oman, Iraq, or some place with an S.

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2017, 10:49 PM
I've been doing that for the past year.

I like Raven stuff well enough, but I'm leaning toward begging Tom for a professional courtesy freebie for this one......

Robinson
07-14-2017, 10:57 PM
Interesting.

I had a Colt Commander Chris built when he was just getting started. Was a real nice pistol, sold it when I switched over to 9mm.

Any of your upcoming builds going to be his work?

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2017, 11:06 PM
He is finishing a matched pair of his/hers full house custom 1911s in 45/9mm, respectively, for us now. If you follow his instagram page, he has posted several photos of the work in progress. He has also built a Delta Elite 10mm for me.

STI
07-15-2017, 01:36 AM
Um, Gadget

LOKNLOD
07-15-2017, 06:21 AM
That is a pretty good looking rear sight. You running that with a fiber front or HD-type?

Dagga Boy
07-15-2017, 06:28 AM
Thank goodness you posted the back of the slide picture. I was seriously worried someone hacked your account and posted fake pictures of your new gun when I didn't see a Budweiser logo on it somewhere. On a serious note. Nice gun, and I like the sight picture.

Odin Bravo One
07-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Um, Gadget

I'll have to talk to the other Tom about that.

SecondsCount
07-15-2017, 12:50 PM
That came out nice. I am digging the sight picture as well.

martin_j001
07-16-2017, 10:51 AM
I like the sight picture as well. Ordered a set to give them a try. The gun looks nice on the while for sure. I like his work. Dangerous that he's local...

Jeep
07-16-2017, 11:47 AM
His new sights are legit. Similar to Scott Warren's design, he uses two set screws, and the rear notch is what ive cone to prefer in my sight picture.

That is a very interesting sight picture[[I like both the thin front blade and the square rear cut-out. How well does it work at 25 meters plus?