PDA

View Full Version : Remember Cardillo

UNK
07-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Apparently City Administration not supporting Cops is nothing new

On an April morning forty-five years ago, NYPD Patrolman Phillip Cardillo was gunned down in a Nation of Islam mosque in Harlem. He died six days later. New York’s political and police leadership abandoned Cardillo within hours of the shooting. No one was ever convicted of the crime. The case was a sensation back in the day. Does it matter anymore?

Entire story here http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/remember-cardillo/

BN
07-11-2017, 06:21 PM
I read another book about this several years ago. I'll check the local library to see if they still have it.

voodoo_man
07-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Read about this year's ago.

How an officers death can simply be disregarded and no sufficient investigation could be done is beyond understanding.

It's an important lesson to teach boots, that the brass don't give a shit about them.

RoyGBiv
07-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Read about this year's ago.

How an officers death can simply be disregarded and no sufficient investigation could be done is beyond understanding.

It's an important lesson to teach boots, that the brass don't give a shit about them.

NYC was a festering shithole back then. Giuliani saved it. Bloomberg tried his neutered republican BS. Now Big Bird gets to take his best shot at undoing Giulianis work.

Remember, those were the days that gave us Frank Serpico. Whatever really happened with the Cardillo case cannot be viewed clearly through a 2017 lens.

blues
07-11-2017, 08:34 PM
NYC was a festering shithole back then.

I don't know if I'd describe it quite that way but it was an interesting and challenging time for all. I remember it well.

voodoo_man
07-11-2017, 08:49 PM
NYC was a festering shithole back then. Giuliani saved it. Bloomberg tried his neutered republican BS. Now Big Bird gets to take his best shot at undoing Giulianis work.

Remember, those were the days that gave us Frank Serpico. Whatever really happened with the Cardillo case cannot be viewed clearly through a 2017 lens.

Maybe, maybe not.

It is still a serious part of US LE Patrol knowledge base and knowing this occurance happened is good because it give a very clear lesson to interpret.

RoyGBiv
07-12-2017, 05:58 AM
I don't know if I'd describe it quite that way but it was an interesting and challenging time for all. I remember it well.

I grew up there during that time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.