PDA

View Full Version : Todd - Compare and contrast request: Warren Tactical v. Trijicon HD

Mitchell, Esq.
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Subjectively, which do you feel is a better sight, and why?

JHC
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I have one of the orange HD sets on a G19 and Warren Tacticals on two other Glocks and Warren Sevigny sets on several other Glocks. I think the Warren Sevigny sets are somewhat easier to shoot slow precision groups with. The Trij HD grabs your attention much more dramatically for obviously orange reasons and on Sunday, I was shooting better El Presidentes with it than with a Warren Sevigny equipped G17 which actually has a slightly lighter trigger which surprised me. I felt more confident with the speed with the HDs because I could pick them up so quickly.

On longish 3x5 card stuff - I'm more confident of sticking that card out to 20+ yards with the Warren Sevigny's.

ToddG
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I know no harm was meant, but let's all please remember this is a forum for all the members and not call out a particular person -- especially me! -- with questions.

Between the two, I get better results for the things I care about with the Trij HD. I'm not as crazy about the all green 3-dot tritium (either a 2-dot system like the Warrens or dimmer rear color like the Mep Pro Operator would be my choice). The Trijicon sight also have the benefit of not being sharp as a razor; I have quite a few shirts and sweaters with holes in them from wearing guns with Warrens.

The Warrens are much closer to a traditional sight picture, however, and probably will be better for most people in the slower accuracy/low% target type shooting.

GJM
01-03-2012, 12:29 PM
No kidding on razor sharp. Is this a design feature or oversight? I have been reluctant to try to round the edges lest I ruin the sight picture.

ToddG
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I cannot speak for Warren but I would say it's a purposeful feature. They've been approached about it repeatedly and have reasons for wanting to keep it that way.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I know no harm was meant, but let's all please remember this is a forum for all the members and not call out a particular person -- especially me! -- with questions.

Between the two, I get better results for the things I care about with the Trij HD. I'm not as crazy about the all green 3-dot tritium (either a 2-dot system like the Warrens or dimmer rear color like the Mep Pro Operator would be my choice). The Trijicon sight also have the benefit of not being sharp as a razor; I have quite a few shirts and sweaters with holes in them from wearing guns with Warrens.

The Warrens are much closer to a traditional sight picture, however, and probably will be better for most people in the slower accuracy/low% target type shooting.

I used a black marker on the rear dots.

It dimmed them to the point distinguishing them from the front is very easy.

Super J
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
The sharp edge on the Sevigny sights are my only complaint...

JV_
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
The sharp edge on the Sevigny sights are my only complaint...

Have you tried the sevigny carry version?

-Sent using Tapatalk.

JConn
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
My sevigny carry sights are pretty sharp, but the rounded corners seem to make it less of an issue.