PDA

View Full Version : Constantly refreshing

Rich@CCC
06-07-2017, 05:44 PM
It may be something at my end, but it only happens on P-F

Anytime I go into a thread, the page is constantly refreshing. After only a few seconds there are 1-15 refreshes and a right click on the back button of the browser shows them.

It doesn't seem to be happening as I write this post. I'll post this and check to see if it happens when viewing the new thread.

Rich@CCC
06-07-2017, 05:49 PM
OK, weirder and weirder.

It did not start the constant refresh until I clicked the new post button. The new post page started refreshing. Then I went to the the Out and About thread and it stopped. Then I came back here to post this reply and it started refreshing again.

I've never seen this happen before, and it is only happening here(P-F).

Rich@CCC
06-07-2017, 08:56 PM
It's actually refreshing every second or so. If I right click on the back button there are, depending on the time spent on a page, 10-100 of exactly the same page. I.e. I'd have hit the back button multiple times to actually get back to the last viewed page. It's not actually causing any slow down or any other issue, it's just an annoyance in navigating.

And, it does not appear to happen all the time or even on every page I visit when it is happening. It's not doing it now for example, but was when I posted this originally.

I just wanted to point it out in case it's indicative of some real problem. As I said, it's possibly on my end, it just seems to be confined to P-F.

Malamute
06-07-2017, 09:10 PM
I have similar problems with Brownells and Home Depots web sites in IE. If I go to Chrome it doesn't do it. Im curious what its caused by if you figure it out.

I experience several odd quirks here (not the constant refreshing), but have gotten used to them somewhat.

Rich@CCC
06-08-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm running the most current version of Firefox.

BTW, it hasn't happened the last two times I visited the forum, including now.

RoyGBiv
06-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm running the most current version of Firefox.

BTW, it hasn't happened the last two times I visited the forum, including now.

FWIW, no problems here using FF on PC, Tablet and Android.

Drang
06-10-2017, 12:13 AM
I get that on some sites, it's usually traceable to an ad.

Rich@CCC
06-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Ahrghh!

Hadn't happened for a while. Now it's back!