PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 grip issues.

SteveK
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I have been having issues with my grip and the slide locking back on my P30. At first I thought it might be my thumb on the release (I'm lefthanded), but I actually think it may be the meat of my palm of my suppport hand pinning the lever. I have a fairly high grip. I've read the P2000 levers are shorter but don't know if they will do the job. Anyone else encountered this issue and what's the best solution. Thanks.

gtmtnbiker98
01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Try using the large side plates?

TGS
01-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I have been having issues with my grip and the slide locking back on my P30. At first I thought it might be my thumb on the release (I'm lefthanded), but I actually think it may be the meat of my palm of my suppport hand pinning the lever. I have a fairly high grip. I've read the P2000 levers are shorter but don't know if they will do the job. Anyone else encountered this issue and what's the best solution. Thanks.

If I put my support hand very high, I'll pin my P2000 levers.

ToddG
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone else encountered this issue and what's the best solution. Thanks.

It's a very common issue for folks with a high grip and one you'll read about extensively if you search. I cant my support hand farther forward and bend my thumb down to the accessory rail. For me, that solves the problem 100% while making sure I maintain a good locked wrist.

SteveK
01-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I probably need to have someone watch my grip during firing to ascertain for certain just exactly what is happening and then see what remedies the situation from there. I initially thought it was my left thumb resting on the lever but after trying a high thumb grip that just wasn't the case.

TGS
01-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I probably need to have someone watch my grip during firing to ascertain for certain just exactly what is happening and then see what remedies the situation from there. I initially thought it was my left thumb resting on the lever but after trying a high thumb grip that just wasn't the case.

Do you have access to a high speed camera? If so, you could record it and have the P-F resident SME's look it over.

SteveK
01-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Do you have access to a high speed camera? If so, you could record it and have the P-F resident SME's look it over.

No, but I shoot most every Sunday with the SSG at Fort Harmar so finding a squared away observer won't be a problem.

wrt81
01-03-2012, 07:52 PM
HK also sells some "slim" levers for the P2000. These are not only shorter like the normal P2000 levers but are also "thinner" and stick out less from the frame. They work in the P30's as well of course. There's a thread on there somewhere about them I think.