PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

MistWolf
06-07-2017, 09:43 AM
This morning I wake up to a text message from my son that says

Ok you may hear this on the news, active shooter here on base.It is on base and I am off base so I am fairly certain I will be ok

This is NOT how I want to start my day. My sons are in the Air Force and I expect that sometime during their careers they will be put in harm's way. It's part of serving their nation. But being in danger at their home base from some idiot running around the base with a gun? How is this even happening? I'm not a violent man, but how is it this deranged person wasn't simply dropped?

I admit I know nothing beyond the text I just received and as my son was able to send us a text, we know he's fine. But I'm angry this has happened and continues to happen. I don't give a flying fig about whatever crap the apologists want us to swallow about restraint against our enemies. Take the sons of bitches down before they harm any more of our people. I'm so angry I can't think straight I can't even form coherent sentences. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

That's my son down there!

...and I can do nothing about it

Tamara
06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
http://www.ktxs.com/news/lockdown-lifted-at-dyess-air-force-base-following-active-shooter-situation3/530797211

BobM
06-07-2017, 07:28 PM
I got similar messages from my daughter when her husband was stationed at Ft. Hood.

41magfan
06-07-2017, 08:39 PM
A single round of gunfire locks down an entire military installation .... my, my, my.

And of course this statement caught my eye:

“The safety and security of the base populace is paramount,” said Col. David Benson. My generation has a very different understanding of what that word means.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the only reason our enemies (both foreign and domestic) are not taking it to our asses is due to the simple fact they aren't trying.