PDA

View Full Version : Done

Odin Bravo One
05-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Finally got my last two cans out of NFA purgatory. Pretty safe to say I'm done for the foreseeable future as it pertains to NFA items. That is, of course, until my new local ATF Enforcement Agent friend and I break a little more bread, so I can butter him up to assist in expediting the process.

Then again, there just isn't anything blowing my hair back enough to justify the PITA that is the NFA process.

Except if I get an SOT............in which case, ignore everything I wrote above.

SeriousStudent
05-30-2017, 07:36 PM
I am glad to read that you have picked up your purchases. I was hoping that would be completed, prior to relocating to the new abode.

I have honestly been debating SOT status, based on the number of Form 1's and 4's I have filed in the last 18 months.

Odin Bravo One
05-30-2017, 08:11 PM
Not gonna lie. I was sweating the residency issues that would have come up if I punched out before they were done with them. I'm maintaining my other residency for as long as I legally can, i.e., until I finish school.

baddean
06-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Sean, might I ask how long your cans were in purgatory?
I took Silencercos online "training" to learn how to sell their cans for the very good discount it provided me.
I purchased the cans from Silencerco in March 2016.
It took 5 months for them to get their form5 approved to send the cans to my employer.
The form 4s were mailed in September 2016. Naturally the checks were cashed 6 days later.
Based on your wait time, do I have any chance of seeing these for elk hunting season this fall.
Frankly, I had forgotten that I had these sitting in jail until I stumbled upon this thread.
Dean