PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Spartan Sights for Beretta Vertec & M9A3

HCM
05-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Beretta Spartan sight set Beretta sells for the Vertec and M9a3 ?

I like the idea of a pro glo front on my Vertec but I'm not sure the width. I'm guessing .140 ?

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-spartan-night-sights-vertec-night-sights/eu00064/

Sal Picante
05-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Beretta Spartan sight set Beretta sells for the Vertec and M9a3 ?

I like the idea of a pro glo front on my Vertec but I'm not sure the width. I'm guessing .140 ?

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3-spartan-night-sights-vertec-night-sights/eu00064/

Looking at their site: .125" wide? Not sure on the height.

GyroF-16
07-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Anyone here with experience with these sights?
I just read that Langdon can put them on the 92 LTT Elite (although mine is already waiting for me at my LGS). I plan to give the FO front sight that comes on the gun a try, but suspect that I may want to put night sights on it, as all my other guns have.
Are they a bit lower than the normal Vertec night sights? In the photos on the Beretta website it appears that way...
Again, any firsthand experience is appreciated.

Jared
07-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Mine have .140 wide front, normal height for Vertec. I installed a set on one of my M9A3's and have a second set for the other one, just haven't done the sight pushing yet. They work pretty much exactly like the factory sights on the Wilson Centurion Tactical.

BJV
07-18-2018, 09:13 PM
I paired a Spartan front with a Pepperoni rear on my Vertec/M9A1 mutt. It gives a similar setup to that on the PX4 Carry, which is what I was going for - highly visible. The front may be a tad wide for precise work at longer distances, but overall I think it's a good setup.

rigger7
12-14-2018, 08:45 AM
How do these sights stack up against the Trijicon HD sights?

BobRockefeller
12-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Mine have .140 wide front, normal height for Vertec. I installed a set on one of my M9A3's and have a second set for the other one, just haven't done the sight pushing yet. They work pretty much exactly like the factory sights on the Wilson Centurion Tactical.

I find the CenTac sights to be a poor mix of features, for me. The front sight is wider than I like, at 0.140", which makes fine aiming at distances over about 10 years a bit harder. And the orange only stands out in good light. In darkness, the tritium is fine, but in poor light, I can't pick up the orange nor the tritium.

For USPSA/IDPA competition, I'm going to swap the front sight for a true fiber optic – either the Wilson Combat at 0.125" wide or the Dawson at 0.110".

falar
12-14-2018, 01:00 PM
I find the CenTac sights to be a poor mix of features, for me. The front sight is wider than I like, at 0.140", which makes fine aiming at distances over about 10 years a bit harder. And the orange only stands out in good light. In darkness, the tritium is fine, but in poor light, I can't pick up the orange nor the tritium.

For USPSA/IDPA competition, I'm going to swap the front sight for a true fiber optic – either the Wilson Combat at 0.125" wide or the Dawson at 0.110".

The sight setups Wilson offers on the Brigadier and Centurion Tactical sure are weird, I don't like them either.

I have the Spartan sights on an Elite LTT and it is ideal for me and what I like.

I don't shoot beyond 25m with a pistol though. Ever. And I do most of my shooting at 10-15m.