PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1, anyone got anything?

TGS
12-30-2011, 07:03 PM
I have a friend in Raleigh, NC who wants to take a solid intro self-defense pistol course. Next weekend she's doing a typical 1 day course to get her permit, but is all about getting in some real training afterwards.

She found Eagle1 in her area, and the syllabus (http://eagle1supply.com/training-firearms/tactical-pistol-class-alpha/) looks great. I was wondering if anyone has taken their courses, or had any word on them at all.

If they're good with DA/SA techniques, that would be a bonus since she's using a borrowed Beretta 92 for the time being until she gets her own piece.

Odin Bravo One
12-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Grey Group in Fayetteville offers a bunch of various stuff within driving distance of Raleigh. There is also a local State Police officer who takes his personal time and energy to host a ton of top notch instructors in the central NC area. Most of those courses end up announced on the various forums, and listed on the particular instructors web sites, so they can be difficult to locate unless you know what you are looking for.

I don't know anyone at Eagle 1, but I also didn't see any instructor info either. It looks like it fits the bill for a basic course for new shooters, and most ranges do a decent job of providing that level of course to that level of shooter.

TGS
12-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Grey Group in Fayetteville offers a bunch of various stuff within driving distance of Raleigh. There is also a local State Police officer who takes his personal time and energy to host a ton of top notch instructors in the central NC area. Most of those courses end up announced on the various forums, and listed on the particular instructors web sites, so they can be difficult to locate unless you know what you are looking for.

I don't know anyone at Eagle 1, but I also didn't see any instructor info either. It looks like it fits the bill for a basic course for new shooters, and most ranges do a decent job of providing that level of course to that level of shooter.

Thanks for checking it out.

I've never taken a class with any of GG's instructors, but I had the impression that they didn't teach courses aimed at people who've no experience at all. I'm talking a sort of experience that goes like this:

Friend: "Tyler, is this "9mm 115gr" the right ammo for this Beretta?"
Me: "If it's a 9x19 Beretta, yeah. What model Beretta are you using?"
Friend: "I don't know that caliber stuff. How do I tell what it is?"

As I understood it, GG instructors also tend to teach "running the gun" courses like Todd, and not a self-defense course that also covers awareness and avoiding the threat, physiological and psychological considerations, how the whole gun thing fits into daily life, ect.

Would these preconceptions about GG's range of instruction be off the mark?

Thanks again.

F-Trooper05
01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Vickers 1-day basic pistol class... http://store.greygrouptraining.com/1-DAY-BASIC-PISTOL.html