PDA

View Full Version : Worlds first RDS Equipped Kahr?

goteron
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I have transitioned to Trijicon RMR's on all of my full size guns, but I still felt a disconnect between the full size and my Kahr. If I have a belt on, I carry a full size M&P 9 With TLR-3 and RMR. But if I have gym shorts on, its a belly band with a CW9 or CM9.

I have been wanting to try this for some time, but really got the bug last night, I drew the slide in solidworks and determined the best location for it. I havent shot it yet, but I forsee no issues.

Here you go:

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/goteron/1-6.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/goteron/3-6.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/goteron/2-6.jpg

I normally prefer the RMR, but the Deltapoint just fits so much better in this application.

I plan on getting a slightly taller front sight and milling a witness mark in the DeltaPoint (Pioneered by Bowie I believe)

JodyH
12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Nice work.
My concern would be how well you're going to be able to track the dot on a Kahr.
That little slide with stiff springs moves pretty damn fast during recoil and the little polymer Kahrs have quite a bit of muzzle flip.
Seems like it'd be difficult to keep track of the dot for followup shots.
The Kahr also has a long DAO trigger which lends itself to a "pressout" rather than the "punch and press" draw most RDS shooters use.

OlympicFox
01-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Nice work.
My concern would be how well you're going to be able to track the dot on a Kahr.
That little slide with stiff springs moves pretty damn fast during recoil and the little polymer Kahrs have quite a bit of muzzle flip.
Seems like it'd be difficult to keep track of the dot for followup shots.
The Kahr also has a long DAO trigger which lends itself to a "pressout" rather than the "punch and press" draw most RDS shooters use.

All true.

OTOH, I've never been able to track the sights on my CM9 and certainly not the PM40. If it's a short shot, I simply fire the next shot as soon as the gun is back on station, and if not I have to wait until the sights are back in view.

The effect of the long DA-style (not true DA or DAO) trigger depends on the shooter's skills and what type of gun that shooter uses most of the time. For example, I shoot Sigs with DA/SA triggers mostly. I do shoot my M&P & 1911 in IDPA, but I shoot the Sig P226 more often. I also shoot my S&W 686 SSR or the Kahr K9 in IDPA. As a result, my skill with the long DA trigger has improved greatly and isn't as far behind my ability with the SA trigger as it used to be. In fact my times for the typical "2 shots to the body and 1 to the head" stage are faster with the Sig than with either the M&P or 1911 and IMO that's probably the most likely self-defense scenario any of us are likely to encounter.

OTOH #2 - I prefer a laser on my CCW as that lets me know where the gun is aimed while I'm concentrating on what the bad guy is doing and it let's the bad guy know where the gun is aimed so he might just chose to high tail it out of there rather than get shot. And that's a good thing. :)

Slavex
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM
sweet machining job. But I echo Jody's comments.