PDA

View Full Version : NoVA NRA Range

Pages : [1] 2

JV_
11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm headed to the NRA range for a practice session tonight, starting at 5PM. Anyone interested in joining for some shooting and maybe dinner?

JConn
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Really wish I could be there. I will however be there at 8 if anyone else is planning on hitting the range tonight.

ffhounddog
11-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I am game for later in the evening. I will not be back from work until 1730. 8pm sounds doable for me.

Matt O
11-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I'll probably be there somewhere around 4:30 or 5. Don't think I can fit dinner in tonight though.

ToddG
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
It's the first evening after a major gun show and the last evening before a long holiday weekend. You guys have fun. :cool:

JV_
11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Yep, It'll be brutal, but friday will be worse. This is my last chance to shoot the DotW.

MDS
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I'll be in NoVa with some free time on the evening of 12/1. I hear there's a range with a cool target system in the vicinity. ;)

I plan to arrive around 6:30-7, run some DotW-type stuff, keep comparing three very different sight setups, and continue my pursuit of a 3.5s Bill Drill from concealment. If anyone's got the time and wherewithal, I'd love to have company. Especially if you know where to find a good burger nearby...

Matt O
11-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, it probably will be a bit busy. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit for range time as it seems to be the norm. What sucks though, is waiting for a while only to find out your assigned lane happens to be next to the dude alternating between a shotgun and .308. :(

MEH
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
What sucks though, is waiting for a while only to find out your assigned lane happens to be next to the dude alternating between a shotgun and .308. :(

How bout AR pistol on the right and AK pistol on the left. Bummer was it was the first time I took my wife to the NRA range. She didn't enjoy it.

ToddG
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Count me in!

JConn
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM
It's the first evening after a major gun show and the last evening before a long holiday weekend. You guys have fun. :cool:

Didn't think about that.... Anyone have some plates I can borrow?

cgcorrea
11-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it probably will be a bit busy. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit for range time as it seems to be the norm. What sucks though, is waiting for a while only to find out your assigned lane happens to be next to the dude alternating between a shotgun and .308. :(

Yeaaah uhh, sir, you have 5 minutes remaining.

Chris_S
11-23-2011, 03:50 PM
If you guys don't mind me asking, is it ok for shooters who are substantially earlier in their shooting journey (aka myself) to tag along for some advice and feedback? I'd love to meet some of you guys and get some feedback from people who know what they're doing, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who slows you all down or kills the party.

MDS
11-23-2011, 05:44 PM
If you guys don't mind me asking, is it ok for shooters who are substantially earlier in their shooting journey (aka myself) to tag along for some advice and feedback? I'd love to meet some of you guys and get some feedback from people who know what they're doing, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who slows you all down or kills the party.

Totally. First time I met Todd was at the nra range. With 2 minutes worth of free advice from him, I fixed a huge problem with my grip and shot the best groups of my life to that point. He ran his advanced drills, I ran my really really basic ones. I didn't see him laugh even once... ;)

JV_
11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Good luck guys, it was packed when I left.

JConn
11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Uh yeah. It's packed. Haven't been flagged yet, but I'm still in the waiting room.

ubervic
11-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Totally. First time I met Todd was at the nra range. With 2 minutes worth of free advice from him, I fixed a huge problem with my grip and shot the best groups of my life to that point. He ran his advanced drills, I ran my really really basic ones. I didn't see him laugh even once... ;)

This is really cool. Great stuff!

Chris_S
11-25-2011, 08:37 PM
In that case, I'll try to be there if work doesn't step in the way. Hope to see you guys on Thursday.

ToddG
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
So looks like just MDS, Chirs, and me? I'll be there a bit early getting in some practice.

ToddG
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Sorry... something has come up and I have to bail. Maybe next time you're in town, MDS!

MDS
12-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Sorry... something has come up and I have to bail. Maybe next time you're in town, MDS!

No worries, Chris and I will fumble along somehow. :)

PS, I'm typing this on a plane. Wifi is cool, but I suspect my book consumption will drop dramatically as more flights get wifi...

Chris_S
12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I'll probably be there a little closer to 7 than 6:30ish so that I'm not running out the door right as my wife is coming home. I'll be the yahoo with long hair, probably reading if there's a wait for a lane.

MDS
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I'll probably be there a little closer to 7 than 6:30ish so that I'm not running out the door right as my wife is coming home. I'll be the yahoo with long hair, probably reading if there's a wait for a lane.

NP. My flight's running late, so I may get there around 7 as well.

I'll be the yahoo with the big Pelican case instead of a range bag. :cool:

MDS
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
typing this from the parking lot known as I 66 west. no, really, I'm parked, it's safe. probably won't do you any good by now, but I'll be later than expected.

JConn
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Looks like I'll be there closer to 830... Just sayin.

MDS
12-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Looks like I'll be there closer to 830... Just sayin.

Doh! Chris and I shared a lane so we wouldn't have to wait, but left around 8:15 or so when our time ran out. That's kind of annoying - it's the first time it's happened to me at the NRA range, and the ranges I go to in south Florida are a two-hour limit at least.

In any case, it was great to meet Chris in person, it's pretty neat to put a face to name like that. Also, the burger place you recommended was pretty good!

Whenever I'm in town with enough time for a range trip, I'll post on this forum.

Cheers!

LittleLebowski
12-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I was at the airport picking up my brother. Hope to catch you next time.

JV_
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Anyone planning to shoot at the NRA tomorrow 12/5? I hope to put in 3 or 4 hours (mid morning).

ToddG
12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Hoping to be there late morning through mid-afternoon. Any chance you can do lunch?

JV_
12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Sure.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

ToddG
12-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Sounds good. Hopefully we can shoot for a little bit, then eat. Then I'll head back to the range for the rest of my practice. See you ~11am.

MDS
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Looks like I have an early morning in NoVa on the 16th, which means I'll have the evening of the 15th to play at the NRA range. I plan to arrive by 7pm, do some ball&dummy draws and some rapid fire practice, then take 25 Bill Drills in attempt to get 3 clean sub-3.5s runs in a row. Then close with DotW #11 and whatever strikes my fancy before grabbing dinner. As always, if you've got the time and wherewithal, I'd love some company.

JV_
12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm game.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

ToddG
12-13-2011, 08:37 AM
I plan to be there.

Kyle Reese
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Wish I could make it, guys. I'll be there in spirit. :D

JConn
12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah. I think I can be there.

MDS
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Fun! See you all then. As usual, I'll be the dude with the Pelican case instead of a range bag. :cool:

ToddG
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
I am now officially listed as "iffy." As JV can tell you, I showed up tonight thinking it was the night we were all planning to show up. But the rest of you didn't show up, because tonight wasn't the night we were all planning to show up after all.

MEH
12-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I should be able to swing by tonight, with one of my sons. At some point we'll have a revolver out, cause he wants to shoot the "magnum" (357 that is). Other than that, we'll prolly be working on draws and reloads.

JV_
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Change of plans for me - I'll have to pass. Have fun!

ToddG
12-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Sorry to hear it, JV! See the rest of you guys around 7.

MDS
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
In the air, should be able to get to the range a bit early. Which is good - I need all the ball&dummy draws and press-outs I can get.

Also, I just realized that I forgot to pack a printout of the target for DotW #11. I don't suppose one of you all could bring a couple extra...?

MDS
12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Good to meet you, JV and beastfrog. bf, you and your son looked like you were having a good time! TLG, thanks for the conversation and the good pho - or maybe I should thank Lil'L for showing you the spot in an attempt to educate your palate...

I'll be off of work for a few weeks now, but I expect to be coming to NoVa with some regularity for work after the new year. You can bet I'll post on here.

Cheers!

LittleLebowski
12-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Hope to catch ya next time, Mario.

ToddG
12-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks again for dinner, dude. Well, if you can call a bowl of soup dinner... :cool:

JV_
12-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Good to meet you, JVI was a no-show. Must have been someone else.

MEH
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
That was Vinh on the lane next to my son and me. First time my son shot the timer system. He did have fun. He had just gotten off the bus from college (VT) and we were killing time to let traffic die down. I had to get him home to see mom and couldn't make dinner, maybe next time.

MDS
12-17-2011, 12:45 AM
I was a no-show. Must have been someone else.

Ah, my bad. Next time, then!

Dropkick
12-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Anyone planning on going to the NRA today, Friday 12/30?
They're open.

JV_
12-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I went this AM, it was nuts ... like a weekend day.

Chris Rhines
12-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Ditto last night. Everybody's playing with their new toys...

JV_
12-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Ditto last night. Everybody's playing with their new toys...

On Wednesday night, I was the first one on the door. I started shooting at 5:00, and the line was out the door until 5:35. When I fished up at 6, it was difficult walking to the exit.

JConn
12-30-2011, 01:59 PM
People will get it out of their system by next week. Hopefully.

LittleLebowski
12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
A friend of this forum texted me on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago:

At the NRA range. Worse than the bar scene in Star Wars IV right now.

Dropkick
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
So much for that idea.

Staying home and dry-firing it is!

LeeC
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
My wife and I went over to NRA HQ range Friday around 12:30 PM and we were told (apologetically) that there was a 2 to 3 hour wait. This was the most crowded that we have seen since we got an annual family membership in the summer of 2011. A 45 to 60+ minute wait is bad enough, but "2 to 3 hours" is unacceptable. We left and went to Wegmans instead.

Some of you may know that Wegmans Fairfax is the number 1 grocery store for the whole chain. Did you know that Wegmans is the number 1 grocery chain for the entire planet? So, (transitive logic) Wegmans Fairfax is the number 1 grocery store for the entire planet. I do most of the shopping and cooking, so I'm in there every week, usually before 7:30 AM to avoid the crowds. Amazing place, but I'll resist the temptation to get off on a tangent further than the current one. The reason I brought up Wegmans Fairfax is to demonstrate that I'm very familiar with Northern Virginia's maximization of a public service center. In the case of Wegmans, I've learned how to navigate the gauntlet successfully. However, at NRA HQ range, not so much.

So-o-o-o-o-o, this being the new year and all, I figured I'd throw out this idea, which I'll bet has been discussed already at least once or twice. I think Northern Virginia needs and would support at least one more place to shoot, and I've been thinking about the barriers to entry. Are there any SMEs here on the subject?

fuse
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I reckon the insurance to open and operate a range is off the charts

ToddG
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Actually, the insurance probably wouldn't be the worst part. Finding suitable zoned location and then actually building the place would cost seven figures. My memory might be off, but I think the NRA Range when it opened back in '96(?) cost $2.5M.

LeeC
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I figured the insurance would be a big ticket expense item. My brother used to blow things up for a living but got out of that business when he got tired of the insurance guy making the lion's share of the profits.

I expect local government regulations to be the biggest barriers to clear. Fairfax County may possibly be the most difficult county in Virginia to build a new building in. Prince William or Loudon might be better prospects.

But I like a challenging problem to solve, and sometimes bringing the right minds together with proper motivation can produce ideas that have been previously overlooked...

Seven figure build out is pretty much a given, so size-location-pricing forecast optimization should either make the idea more compelling--or kill it--without requiring a huge expense in test marketing research. A shooting range is not a "try and see" kind of business, at least not in Northern Virginia.

Location is a big factor. I'm sure you could try an experimental range somewhere out in a very low population area on a shoestring budget, but the reason Real Estate is so cheap out there is because there aren't any people (customers) around. While folks might be willing to hop on a plane to reach a vacation destination, the "local" shooting range needs to be more accessible. But if folks are willing to wait an hour to shoot, then maybe they would be willing to drive an hour to shoot without a wait.

fuse
01-01-2012, 09:04 PM
You don't actually need to build something. Just buy or rent something in an industrial area.

Now if you're referring to building out the inner workings (backstop, air filtration system, etc) costing into 7 figures... good god.

MechEng
01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Actually, the insurance probably wouldn't be the worst part. Finding suitable zoned location and then actually building the place would cost seven figures. My memory might be off, but I think the NRA Range when it opened back in '96(?) cost $2.5M.

Dam! And I thought all our NRA membership dues went to sending me tons of junk mail. In all seriousness, the NRA range is a good place to shoot despite the Mos Eisley Cantina crowds.

ToddG
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Lee -- I'd go take a look at Silver Eagle Group's range. I've not been but from what I hear it's not nearly as busy. Same geographical area, slightly more expensive, substantially more features. They got busted early on by the local shooting community because there were records tracing the ownership to large donations to some heavy hitter Dem candidates in the 2008 election. Then they've closed and re-opened at least a couple of times due to change in ownership, etc.

Believe me, I'd love to say "if you build it, they will come" but you'd have to do a lot of things exactly right to make something equivalent to the NRA Range profitable over, say, five years.

JSGlock34
01-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Silver Eagle Group is full of promise but has yet to meets its full potential. Unfortunately, the multiple change overs in management and key positions (especially the Director of Training) has kept the place from hitting anything resembling a stride.

It has more range positions than NRA, but rarely are all three bays open. The positions and programmable target carriers are quite nice, though I still think NRA sets the standard. SEG used to offer regular competitions (two gun and IDPA), as well as training periods where you could go forward of the range positions and work on skills like shooting on the move or from barricades, but this practice has fallen off in the last year.

Unfortunately SEG is also a rental range, which means that inexperienced shooters are plentiful. However, to SEG's credit they've been grouping the rental shooters together under range officer supervision lately - typically in their own bay - which is a considerable improvement.

They have an impressive scenario and training area for Simunitions with areas set up as a typical office, a school, a house, a nightclub, etc. They have an area you can reconfigure to suit the training requirements and even have enough room to include vehicles. But I've yet to see serious training curriculum to utilize it. Lately SEG seems occupied with their MMA/combatives training, though they've taken a step in the right direction by selling firearms again.

I can't help but think that the combination of the firearms range, classrooms, combatives gymnasium and scenario area would make this a great training venue for the Shivworks curriculum taught by Southnarc (ECQC or AMIS leap to mind). Unfortunately, SEG seems more interested in offering introductory level classes taught by MVM instructors. I think they'd find a ready audience for more advanced training offered by visiting instructors.

I think SEG has the potential to be a premier training location, but unfortunately they appear to be going in every direction at once.

fuse
01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Isn't SEG used by alot of state, local, and Federal LE do do their own training?

I am referring mostly to their awesome 360 degree shoothouse.

JSGlock34
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Isn't SEG used by alot of state, local, and Federal LE do do their own training?

I am referring mostly to their awesome 360 degree shoothouse.

I've mostly seen MVM contractors training at SEG, but they've certainly had various LE organizations train there. The Simunitions area is quite interesting.

LittleLebowski
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
SEG has an extreme leadership problem.

LeeC
01-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Lee -- I'd go take a look at Silver Eagle Group's range. I've not been but from what I hear it's not nearly as busy. Same geographical area, slightly more expensive, substantially more features. They got busted early on by the local shooting community because there were records tracing the ownership to large donations to some heavy hitter Dem candidates in the 2008 election. Then they've closed and re-opened at least a couple of times due to change in ownership, etc.

Believe me, I'd love to say "if you build it, they will come" but you'd have to do a lot of things exactly right to make something equivalent to the NRA Range profitable over, say, five years.

Thanks Todd, I'll check SEG out. I've been wanting to try a Glock 34 and I see they have one to rent.

I'm a pessimist when it comes to business plans for start ups, and wouldn't entertain getting involved in a shooting establishment start up without the plan including multiple services for different industry segments and some supply contracts fairly firmed up before seeking the first round of investment. When I worked as a lighting design consultant I was fortunate to be involved in some pretty amazing projects that were planned and executed for the most part outside of public view, not stealth ops, just not publicized, at least not the real story. Flops are par for the course, but when a business idea is unique, well thought out and executed, it can sometimes be pretty amazing.

I've been coasting for a while, but might want one more adventure before I retire, if I don't succumb to the inertia of the aging process. Guns and self defense are only part of a wider interest. I'm concerned about how far modern man, especially in America, has gotten so out of touch with his environment in only two generations. And how humanity has gotten out of balance with the planet. But I haven't developed sufficient fire in the belly to act, at least not yet.

JSGlock34
01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks Todd, I'll check SEG out. I've been wanting to try a Glock 34 and I see they have one to rent.

Lee - if you visit SEG, be sure to ask one of the staff for a tour of the scenario area. It is one of the more distinguishing features of the facility - and is quite extensive - but since it is behind closed doors most never get a look. However, if you ask they will usually find someone to show you around.

And I'm positive they have a G34 in the rental area.

MDS
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
So I've been feeling a little depressed, like an aching in the soul, a black emptiness in the heart. This empty spot is the size and shape - the exact dimensions! - of an evening at the NRA Range. Imagine: satisfied, the aching need for precise distances and turning targets! Quenched, the deep thirst for long waits, 1-hour maximums, random drama, and occasionally having a gun pointed at you!

If this sounds like fun, then meet me there - maybe afterwards we can both find some certified medical help. ;)

JV_
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
I'll be there on the 11th.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

LeeC
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I will probably be there one or both days, as I haven't practiced much since the holiday rush. The last week of December with "2 to 3 hour wait" scared me off for a while. Went this past Sunday around 2 PM after being quoted "about 1 hour and 15 minutes" on the phone but that grew to 2.5 hours in the 15 minutes it took to drive over. Wife and I went back around 4:30 PM when the wait was "about an hour" and got a lane in about 75 minutes.

It was a zoo though. Some kind of all women gun class (nothing against that, just part of the narrative) with about 6 new students was in the next lane over. One senior lady looked scared to death and when she fired a Glock 19 for the first time it almost flew up and out of her hands. She limp-wristed it enough to create a stove pipe, which she proceeded to clear by holding the gun, muzzle first, against her chest. Her "instructor" gently reminded her that she shouldn't point the gun anywhere but down range. This crew made my wife so nervous she quit shooting after 45 minutes.

I'd be willing to work on a collection committee to outfit the lanes with 1/2" plate steel dividers with small, bullet-proof glass windows.

On the positive side, while waiting for the lane, I saw someone drilling holes AFHF-style around lane 13 or so, while his female co-shooter was working on press-outs with admirable dedication. Made me smile.

LeeC
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Lee - if you visit SEG, be sure to ask one of the staff for a tour of the scenario area. It is one of the more distinguishing features of the facility - and is quite extensive - but since it is behind closed doors most never get a look. However, if you ask they will usually find someone to show you around.

And I'm positive they have a G34 in the rental area.

Excellent, thanks JSGlock34! :cool:

ToddG
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Planning to be there on the 11th unless life interrupts.

JV_
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Mario - what time?

I plan to be there from about 5:30 - 8'ish

ToddG
01-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I've got to bail due to a last minute family commitment.

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I'll be there.

Chris Rhines
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I'll be there in the evening, probably after 7pm.

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
JV, want to do some carbine stuff?

JV_
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I can't, at least not tonight. I have the new JRC AIWB holster to get dialed in (ride height), the DotW, Performance Challenge and a few other things.

Friday?

ToddG
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I'll definitely be there Friday. Anyone up for lunch or dinner?

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll definitely be there Friday. Anyone up for lunch or dinner?

Not sure yet but definite possible.

JV_
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Anyone up for lunch or dinner?Yes, lunch.

ToddG
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
So let's say we meet at noon at the range and head somewhere for lunch. Anyone else in?

I'll also be hanging around through dinner time so if that works better for anyone, I'm game there too.

It's my last chance to get in some practice before being away at SHOT all next week.

MDS
01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I'll be there tonight around 7. I might be able to make lunch on Friday, too. How long is the drive to DCA?

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Anyone eating dinner first tonight?

MDS
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Busy until 6, I'm eating afterwards...

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I'll prolly grab some pho first since JV won't stop nagging me about it.

JV_
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM

What time?

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
What time?

6-ish?

JV_
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I'll have to pass on dinner.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll have to pass on dinner.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

7 at the range work for everybody?

Kyle Reese
01-11-2012, 06:00 PM
7 at the range work for everybody?

Damn I miss you guys.

Odin Bravo One
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
If this is gonna go down tomorrow as well, I will probably try to make it with a borrowed gun, holster, mags, ammo, etc.

Speaking of ammo........anyone have any 9mm I can borrow if I do make it? I have the rest of it available.

MDS
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I'll be there around 715 tonight. Sean, I'm planning to go tomorrow night at around the same time, also can have some 9mm for you.

LittleLebowski
01-11-2012, 10:32 PM
If this is gonna go down tomorrow as well, I will probably try to make it with a borrowed gun, holster, mags, ammo, etc.

Speaking of ammo........anyone have any 9mm I can borrow if I do make it? I have the rest of it available.

Mario and I have ammo for you one way or the other. He may have a hard time finding it locally so feel free to shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up.

MDS
01-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Definitely going to spend time at the range tomorrow. Shot like crap today, 43/50 on dot torture at 4yd, couldn't clean The Test in under 10s. So I left early and dry-fired a bunch. Will do my bill drill attempts, the dotw, and performance challenge tomorrow.

ToddG
01-12-2012, 12:30 AM
How long is the drive to DCA?

About 30-40 minutes with no traffic. Midday on a Friday... anyone's guess. It only takes one accident to turn 30 minutes into 3 hours.

MDS
01-12-2012, 08:32 AM
About 30-40 minutes with no traffic. Midday on a Friday... anyone's guess. It only takes one accident to turn 30 minutes into 3 hours.

Rough, that's cutting it a bit close. I'll skip lunch tomorrow, maybe next time.

JV_
01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
So let's say we meet at noon at the range and head somewhere for lunch.OK.

LittleLebowski
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Guys, I can't allot the time tonight unless folks want to try Silver Eagle possibly.

MDS
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Guys, I can't allot the time tonight unless folks want to try Silver Eagle possibly.

I'm game to try a new range. Can I do bill drills and dotw there?

ToddG
01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
My Fr night plans have been OBE so I'm still up for lunch tomorrow (Fr) but will need to bug out by 3pm or so.

JV_
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
will need to bug out by 3pm or so.I plan to shoot around 9:30-10, meet for lunch @ 12, and split after that.

LittleLebowski
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm game to try a new range. Can I do bill drills and dotw there?

Yup. I'm still not able to commit yet.

Odin Bravo One
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
And after digging around for ammo, and actually finding some.............

No worries. I will be up for a Fri/Sat/Sun upon return from SHOT until Mid-February when I have to go back home, and back to my day job.

MDS
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh, well - I'll have to shoot by my lonesome. Probably for the best that no one here will see the damage, if yesterday's session was any indication.

Which is to say... I'll still be at a range tonight around 7 or maybe a bit earlier.

JV_
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm hoping to go tonight, anyone else in?

LittleLebowski
01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm hoping to go tonight, anyone else in?

What time?

JV_
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I can be flexible, you tell me.

LittleLebowski
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I can be flexible, you tell me.

7 or later would be best.

fuse
01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
I wish you the same fortune of a dead range I received last night.

It was less than half full from about 6 to 730 or so. Glorious. I could hear my timer perfectly every time.

JV_
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Bax - 7 is fine.

I'll probably get there at 6 and shoot for 2 hours.

LittleLebowski
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Bax - 7 is fine.

Once the wife gets done with working out, I'll give you a firm yes or no.

LittleLebowski
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Bax - 7 is fine.

I'll be there at or around 7. I'm bringing my 5.45 carbine to test some new magazines but will be concentrating on pistol quite a bit.

Also need to dial in my new Pocket Pro II.

JV_
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Anyone going tonight?

MEH
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Anyone going tonight?

Not tonight.

Friday AM and Monday AM. Anyone have a Glock 19/17 I can shoot a little. Have M&P's myself.

JV_
01-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I'll be there Friday AM as well.

I have a Glock you can try.

MEH
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I should arrive between 9 and 10. Will stay as long as it takes. Thanks and see you then.

JV_
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
I should arrive between 9 and 10.
Same.

JConn
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I'll probably be there around 5

ToddG
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm also hoping to hit the range tomorrow, odds are I'll get there between 10am and 11am. Anyone up for lunch? I need to bug out by 3pm to avoid the traffic home.

Odin Bravo One
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Anyone going Friday?

I can probably make it about rush hour time frame........somewhere between 5:00 and 6:00. Maybe sooner depending on when I get off work, and traffic.

JConn
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm going to be there Friday afternoon at some point.

LittleLebowski
01-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Might be going tonight.

JV_
01-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Might be going tonight.Good Luck! It was pretty busy on Friday.

LittleLebowski
01-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Good Luck! It was pretty busy on Friday.

As bar scene in Star Wars IV bad?

joshs
01-28-2012, 07:09 PM
As bar scene in Star Wars IV bad?

1.5 hour wait earlier today.

LittleLebowski
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
45 but the new range Nazis..... aren't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

joshs
01-28-2012, 09:44 PM
45 but the new range Nazis..... aren't.

The difference seems to be, if you point something out, they take corrective action right away. The ROs did an excellent job while I was there earlier today.

LittleLebowski
01-28-2012, 09:46 PM
The difference seems to be, if you point something out, they take corrective action right away. The ROs did an excellent job while I was there earlier today.

I was impressed with the job I saw them doing. Seems like the age difference helps.

JV_
02-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Is anyone going tomorrow morning?

MEH
02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I should arrive between 9 and 10 am.

JV_
02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Me too. Did you want to try my 17 this time?

MEH
02-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Sure.

Kyle Reese
02-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I'll be there next week.

bdcheung
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm headed there tonight after work (coming from Alexandria) to zero in my CTC.

JConn
02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I'll be there tonight (friday).

JV_
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
While beastfrog and I were shooting and working on his pressout. Some guy came over to hand me this big long note about how what I was showing him was wrong & slow. About 10 minutes later, while doing a pressout during my FAST, I managed a 1.32s first round hit on the index card.

Chris Rhines
02-03-2012, 01:54 PM
JV, are you serious? Not about the 1.32s first shot, I can believe that, but some random baton twirler actually gave you a note?

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Did you at least keep the note?

-C

MEH
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
You forgot the part about how he even said that you were much faster than him.

A proper press out still feels very weird to me, but I am determined to master it because my first shot is relatively slow.

Yes, you have to keep the note.

Thanks for the tips, JV.

JV_
02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
but some random baton twirler actually gave you a note?I'm dead serious. He said that I was a good shooter and what I did worked for me, but was slower than the holster straight to the target method. He was telling me what he learned as a (now retired) cop...

He even had pictures!

He was fairly polite about it and wasn't a raging loon, he just genuinely thought I was wrong. I tried for about a minute or two to explain how it's better for low probability shots, but gave up. I think he could have been convinced, but I wasn't going to follow him out of the lanes to explain it ... If I had a blue gun, I think he could have been convinced.

JM Campbell
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm sending you back that blue gun I bought of you just so you can have it next time. ;)

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

Dropkick
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Scan the note if you have a chance... It sounds like it's one of those things that belongs on the internet.

JV_
02-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Scan the note if you have a chance... It sounds like it's one of those things that belongs on the internet.I threw it out, but even if I still had it, I wouldn't post it.

He wasn't a loon, he just thought I was wrong, and he took the time to write out a long note explaining why; we just disagree. I wouldn't make fun of him by posting it, he was making an effort to offer what he thought was help. He didn't interrupt the two of us by jumping in the middle and saying I was wrong. He was polite, safe on the range, and seemed like a genuine guy. I don't fault him for it.

MEH
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I threw it out, but even if I still had it, I wouldn't post it.

He wasn't a loon, he just thought I was wrong, and he took the time to write out a long note explaining why; we just disagree. I wouldn't make fun of him by posting it, he was making an effort to offer what he thought was help. He didn't interrupt the two of us by jumping in the middle and saying I was wrong. He was polite, safe on the range, and seemed like a genuine guy. I don't fault him for it.

After thinking about it, this is genuine wisdom here. Thing is, this was probably JV's initial reaction too. I have much to learn and it's not all about shooting.

bdcheung
02-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Great meeting jconn and fuse tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JConn
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Same here man. Hope to see you around more.

Dropkick
02-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Sucks I missed you guys the other night... I'm going now to check out how long the line is... I'm wearing Gray Hood / Gray T-Shirt.

JV_
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm going now to check out how long the line isLemme know how bad it is, I was thinking about a trip tonight.

joshs
02-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Lemme know how bad it is, I was thinking about a trip tonight.

Over an hour wait when I left an hour ago.

JV_
02-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Over an hour wait when I left an hour ago.Thanks, I'll pass.

lindertw
02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I just walked in JV and there's maybe a 15min wait...

JV_
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I just walked in JV and there's maybe a 15min wait...Darn...

Odin Bravo One
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone up for Wed afternoon/evening? Can't commit to a time this second, but Wed looks like it will be the only day I could make it before I head back home for a few weeks.

JV_
02-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Absolutely.

FWIW: They open at 5.

Matt O
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I will definitely be there this Wednesday, probably sometime between 7 and 7:30. I haven't been able to go shooting in the last couple weeks and need to shake the rust off.

LittleLebowski
02-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I will be there if work allows.

Odin Bravo One
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I would prefer closer to 5:00, as I have a long drive once I am done. However, that said, it could be later until I am done with what I need to get done before I can make my way over to Fairfax...........

JV, want to plan on meeting there around 5:00? Obviously, I'll text or whatever if that changes.........

Anyone know where I can get a decent, but inexpensive holster for an N-Frame in the area?

JV_
02-05-2012, 10:33 AM
JV, want to plan on meeting there around 5:00? Obviously, I'll text or whatever if that changes.........Sure. I often shoot from 5-7, so I'm pretty flexible on time.

Anyone know where I can get a decent, but inexpensive holster for an N-Frame in the area?Virginia Arms is your best bet. I can go there at lunchtime on Monday and send you a quick list/price of what they have ... it's mostly Galco stuff. Just let me know.

LittleLebowski
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I would prefer closer to 5:00, as I have a long drive once I am done. However, that said, it could be later until I am done with what I need to get done before I can make my way over to Fairfax...........

JV, want to plan on meeting there around 5:00? Obviously, I'll text or whatever if that changes.........

Anyone know where I can get a decent, but inexpensive holster for an N-Frame in the area?

http://www.novaarmament.com/ is in Herndon and most likely closer to you than VA Arms. They have a large selection. Let me know via PM if you are coming by; it's right by my house. Or....I can pick something up for you.

JV_
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
most likely closer to you than VA Arms.He's far from both. But between the 2 of us, he shouldn't need to come out this way at all, we'll just bring it on Wed.

At VA Arms, IIRC is a .mil discount, and I don't qualify. So, it would be about $5 more, but you'd spend that in gas.

LittleLebowski
02-05-2012, 02:08 PM
He's far from both. But between the 2 of us, he shouldn't need to come out this way at all, we'll just bring it on Wed.

At VA Arms, IIRC is a .mil discount, and I don't qualify. So, it would be about $5 more, but you'd spend that in gas.

Solid copy.

Odin Bravo One
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.novaarmament.com/ is in Herndon and most likely closer to you than VA Arms. They have a large selection. Let me know via PM if you are coming by; it's right by my house. Or....I can pick something up for you.

Looked at their site........didn't look like they had anything for my gun.

Looked at Va Arms, and their site is STILL under construction. It was under construction about this time last year when I was passing though the area, and stopped in to have M&P sights installed. Great service, great sales staff. Truly enjoyed my experience there. Refreshing for a gun shop. Web site needs some help.

JV, if you happen across a something for an N-Frame, properly handed, in leather or plastic is fine. OWB is preferred, and not from the "custom leather/custom kydex" line. (i.e., not $100) Let me know the damage when we hit the range, and I'll cover it in cash. Honestly, even a Fobus paddle would be sufficient.

At the same time, don't go breaking your neck looking. Worst case scenario, I don't get to draw. Boo Hoo, I'll make up for it with dry fire next week when I get home.

I have made arrangements with the little lady to be absent from dinner on Wed., so now it comes down to work schedule. I control some of that destiny, so I will use Mon/Tues to set up Wed. for success.

Thanks.

JV_
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
JV, if you happen across a something for an N-Frame, properly handed, in leather or plastic is fine. OWB is preferred, and not from the "custom leather/custom kydex" line. (i.e., not $100) Let me know the damage when we hit the range, and I'll cover it in cash. Honestly, even a Fobus paddle would be sufficient.

I'll swing by tomorrow at lunch and make up a list, then PM you. I can hit there on Tue or Wed to pick up your pick.

What barrel length?

Odin Bravo One
02-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm in for 5:00 Wed.

ToddG
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm in for Wednesday. Unless someone gets there half an hour early and waits in line outdoors, we'll probably have a pretty long wait before we get lanes, though.

Odin Bravo One
02-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I'll try to get there by 4:00 or 4:30 for that purpose.

JV_
02-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I'll try to get there at 4:30 too.

JV_
02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll be there tomorrow AM. Anyone else?

MEH
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I will be there at standard arrival time.

JV_
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
My magazine catch detent and spring just flew across the room. Unless I can find it, I may have to pass.

JM Campbell
02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
On the sig?

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

JV_
02-09-2012, 05:19 PM
On the sig?Yea, it's called the "Magazine Catch Stop". My LGS doesn't have one, so I ordered (2) from Midway.

LittleLebowski
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Magnet

JV_
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
MagnetI have concrete floors, and everything is on a shelves, it'd be easy to spot if it actually fell on the floor. It's on or in something, like the trashcan that had no lid ...

JConn
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
My magazine catch detent and spring just flew across the room. Unless I can find it, I may have to pass.

Yeah I remember the last time that happened to my glo... Oh.... nm :-)

JV_
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah I remember the last time that happened to my glo... Oh nm ;-)Yea, with your Gen3 - it can't be moved to the other side!

Note to self: Help load JConn's mags on Tuesday and bring a few dummy rounds...

JConn
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Yea, with your Gen3 - it can't be moved to the other side!

Touche, but if you are correct handed and God doesn't hate you, you don't have to.

JV_
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
sigh .... the sad part is that I deserve all of this.

On the plus side, unless my background check is delayed again, my 229 will be here on Saturday.

JConn
02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Awesome, I have always been sig-curious, so I'm really looking forward to hearing more about how it works out.

Odin Bravo One
02-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Or we could have just done it in the parking lot in 5 minutes with a leatherman................

fuse
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Yea, with your Gen3 - it can't be moved to the other side!

Note to self: Help load JConn's mags on Tuesday and bring a few dummy rounds...

I'll double charge one just for him.

JV_
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Or we could have just done it in the parking lot in 5 minutes with a leatherman................I'm thick headed, I learn most things the hard way. I needed to build up my Sig spare parts bin anyway, I'm just lucky that Midway had it in stock - Brownells did not.

It's not that bad if I miss one range session - I could use some dry fire & reload practice. That match is coming up fast...

JV_
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I'll double charge one just for him. You're experienced with that eh ;)

fuse
02-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I've seen me do it.

Though I didn't really actually see much

ToddG
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
JV, that reminds me: be careful when taking the mag catch out of the gun. The spring is under tremendous compression.

JDM
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
JV, that reminds me: be careful when taking the mag catch out of the gun. The spring is under tremendous compression.

Awesome.

Leozinho
02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Quick question.

If you have an annual membership at the NRA range, are you limited to one hour sessions? I've read all the responses about long waits, and I've also read that folks are shooting there for what seems like more than an hour.

Just wondering if you can only stay for an hour when there's a wait, which would seem to be every evening and all day on the weekends.

Thanks.

joshs
02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
You are limited to an hour as long as there is still a wait list. If there is no one waiting, you can shoot as long as the range is open.

Leozinho
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. My next question would be how often on weekday evenings and weekends are you able to stay more than an hour?

With the drive and traffic and perhaps having to wait for a lane, I'd occasionally like to get more than just an hour of practice to make it worth my while.

JV_
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
It's 50/50 whether you'll be limited to an hour.

If you get bumped, put your name on the list, you can always go back out again.

Kyle Reese
02-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. My next question would be how often on weekday evenings and weekends are you able to stay more than an hour?

With the drive and traffic and perhaps having to wait for a lane, I'd occasionally like to get more than just an hour of practice to make it worth my while.

My friend,

I've seen wait times as long as 2 hours, and there have been times where we've prepared ourselves mentally for a lengthy wait, and were able to walk right on and shoot for 2 hours.

Many variables at work here.

Gun show weekend?

Weather?

See what I mean? :)

JV_
02-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Gun show weekend?And it is ....

bdcheung
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I hate gun show weekends.

That is all.

Leozinho
02-12-2012, 10:55 AM
The wait wasn't bad yesterday. By the time I finished the test and filled out the membership forms, I only had to wait 15 minutes.

Being next to a M1 Garand for an hour was much less fun. I kept thinking they'd run out of ammo, but no such luck.

I had been going out to WV to shoot, which meant I didn't shoot as much as I wanted. Furthermore, a few flagging incidents and witnessing untold number of safety violations at that range convinced me that the NRA range, limitations and all, is the way for me to go.

Thanks again for the responses.

fuse
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I hate gun show weekends.

That is all.

I went last night, about a 45 minute wait. Not too bad, really.

Let's me load mags, which I never do at home. I get alot done if I can burn though 9 (the amount I bring) fully loaded mags without stopping. Then I take a break and pick up brass.

Of course I would prefer to not wait..

JV_
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
FredM and I will be going Friday morning (9-11), and JConn is a maybe.

Anyone else in?

JConn
02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I am a go for Friday.

MEH
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I'll be there.

ToddG
02-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I'll probably get there right around when you guys are planning to pack up. Anyone want to grab an early lunch?

JV_
02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Sure

-Sent using Tapatalk.

JConn
02-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I'm down for an early lunch.

Kyle Reese
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Sounds good.

fuse
02-16-2012, 11:05 PM
like donkey kong

JV_
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone going tonight?

Chris Rhines
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
If I can get this mailserver whipped back into shape, I'll be there.

-C

LittleLebowski
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
If I can get this mailserver whipped back into shape, I'll be there.

-C

I'll get you a Linux CD.

JConn
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I didn't really know where else to ask this question but figured this was as good a place as anywhere. I'm looking into the p30 LEM and was wondering if anyone in the NoVA crew would be willing to let me put 50-100 rounds down range with theirs. I would just like to get some range time before I drop a sizeable chunk of change down on one of my own. Thanks. I'll probably be at the range this coming Wednesday (3/7) around opening, but I am down for other times as well.

joshs
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I didn't really know where else to ask this question but figured this was as good a place as anywhere. I'm looking into the p30 LEM and was wondering if anyone in the NoVA crew would be willing to let me put 50-100 rounds down range with theirs. I would just like to get some range time before I drop a sizeable chunk of change down on one of my own. Thanks. I'll probably be at the range this coming Wednesday (3/7) around opening, but I am down for other times as well.

You're welcome to try one of mine. Just send me a PM when you plan on going to the range next.

JConn
03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

cdunn
03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm off today, anyone going to be at the range?

JV_
03-09-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm off today, anyone going to be at the range?I wish.

MEH
03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
I'll be there in the morning. Shooting an M&P. Probably working the press out in slow motion...

JConn
03-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Not until late tonight.

bdcheung
03-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Not until late tonight.

Ditto. Maybe closer to 2000.

cdunn
03-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I'll be there in the morning. Shooting an M&P. Probably working the press out in slow motion...

what time?I'm going to try to go after I drop off my little girl at day care.
I will wear a PT.com hat,it would be nice to meet some other members.
Chris

JConn
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Ditto. Maybe closer to 2000.

Awesome, I've got a late gig but hopefully will be there.

cdunn
03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
well my second trip to the range with my m&p is in the books now.I put 150 down range today very uneventful,its not a 1911 but I like it alright.

MEH
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I think I was 2 lanes to your right. I'll try to bring my PT hat in the future. That's probably a good way to id forum members. That and PT targets. :) I'm usually there Friday or Monday mornings.

cdunn
03-09-2012, 11:44 AM
I think I was 2 lanes to your right. I'll try to bring my PT hat in the future. That's probably a good way to id forum members. That and PT targets. :) I'm usually there Friday or Monday mornings.

I wish I would have known, I need an m&p shooter to try out mine,I've read about the trigger and reset but mine seems ok,and i'd like for someone in the know to try it.

joshs
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Anyone else going today? I'm going to try to get there around 5.

JV_
03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Yep, 5 for me too.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

LittleLebowski
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Yep, 5 for me too.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Bring my stuff if you could.

Chris Rhines
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm going to try and get there today, but it'll be closer to 8pm.

-C

ToddG
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyone for tomorrow (Friday)? I'm hoping to make a day and evening of it. I'll probably show up, grab lunch, shoot, grab dinner, and shoot some more.

JV_
03-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm in.

LittleLebowski
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Maybe. Not Chili's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ToddG
03-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I could do Afghan in honor of Fred's absence.

Are we talking lunch or dinner, here?

JV_
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Lunch for me.

MEH
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Shooting in the morning. Lunch is a maybe - depends on work backlog.

LittleLebowski
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Whole foods has an excellent selection and is nearby

cdunn
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I might be off yet again, so it possible i'll show up and get to meet some of you.

joshs
03-16-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll probably get there around three. Anyone else in for dinner?

cdunn
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
any members at the range this morning?

JV_
03-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyone going tomorrow morning?

MEH
03-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Anyone going tomorrow morning?

:cool:

JV_
03-29-2012, 07:03 PM
9:30'ish?

MEH
03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Bout then, yep.

JV_
03-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Bout then, yep.Are you working on anything in particular? For me, it's draw to first shot, with a proper pressout, and reloads.

MEH
03-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Draw to two shots.
Reloads.
Aligning the laser at distance. :)

JV_
03-30-2012, 08:13 AM
1 hour wait....

-Sent using Tapatalk.

bdcheung
03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
1 hour wait....

-Sent using Tapatalk.

On a Friday morning? Wow...

joshs
03-30-2012, 08:41 AM
1 hour wait....

-Sent using Tapatalk.

I saw the line on the way in this morning and decided I would wait till the afternoon to shoot.

JMS
03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Good grief, I hope that's not a harbinger for the evening....

bdcheung
03-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Me too, as I'm planning on going there after work...

JV_
03-30-2012, 10:29 AM
No list when I left, at 10.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

bdcheung
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
If you were shooting in lane 6 around 5:30-6:00p tonight with a forest colored G26, shoot me a PM please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdunn
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I was there around 12,I think there might have been one person waiting then.

Matt O
03-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I'll be there tomorrow morning around 10am if anyone else is planning on going.

cdunn
04-06-2012, 05:31 AM
anyone going today?